• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wishes Dessert Party ADR Watch Thread # 2 - September 2013 OPEN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much folks PANIC OVER !!!!

After trying for so long to book this surprise for my beautiful soon to be wife i have just got off the phone to disney and they have booked us in.

Roll on for our big day.

Once again thank you all for your help very much appreciated.

Why do people book for more than are in their party?!
You just took that reservation away from a person who DOES have 3 in their party and now can't get their reservation.
I can't understand why people are so dishonest and will do anything to get what they want.
Drives me as nuts as people who hoard ADRs!!!

Hope you enjoy yourself!

Is Wishes ever cancelled due to rain? If so, what happens to your ADRs for the Dessert Party?

From the Disney website: "In the event of inclement weather, Wishes Nighttime Spectacular may be changed or canceled without prior notice." But they keep the Dessert Party going. It is under cover and the desserts won't be affected by the rain. It wouldn't be ideal to miss the fireworks, but just the dessert buffet is fun too. I mean, worst case scenario....you can have mango smoothie after mango smoothie and watch the rain come down. At least you are better off than the poor people walking around in it! :thumbsup2

You just took that reservation away from a person who DOES have 3 in their party and now can't get their reservation.
I can't understand why people are so dishonest and will do anything to get what they want.

Hope you enjoy yourself!

He did that because they did not have any reservations for 2 and I would have done the same if I was him.

After trying for so long to book this surprise for my beautiful soon to be wife i have just got off the phone to disney and they have booked us in for Fri 17th May 2013 @ 9pm. I have used the infant idea (BOOKED FOR 3) so will cancel the infant on the booking before we go.

Roll on our big day now on 10th May 2013 :)

Awesome! Glad it worked out for you! Have a wonderful wedding/honeymoon!

After trying for so long to book this surprise for my beautiful soon to be wife i have just got off the phone to disney and they have booked us in for Fri 17th May 2013 @ 9pm. I have used the infant idea (BOOKED FOR 3) so will cancel the infant on the booking before we go.

Roll on our big day now on 10th May 2013 :)

Yay! Soooo happy for you!
Your new bride will surely appreciate your efforts to surprise and delight her!
I just love a happily ever after ending!

MrsDopey said:

Hope you enjoy yourself!

Why should someone who had been trying and trying be denied because of their party size and someone who comes later get it just because they have one more, possibly non-paying, person? I am a firm believer in "the early bird catches the worm." He found a way to get the worm. I'm happy for him. I hope they have a fabulous honeymoon without anyone making him feel guilty for getting what he deserves.

Why should someone who had been trying and trying be denied because of their party size and someone who comes later get it just because they have one more, possibly non-paying, person? I am a firm believer in "the early bird catches the worm." He found a way to get the worm. I'm happy for him. I hope they have a fabulous honeymoon without anyone making him feel guilty for getting what he deserves.

Well said and I couldn't agree more.

Hope you enjoy yourself!

First I want to say enjoy the Dessert Party TheHoneymoonerz!

The Disney reservation system is to blame for this. If a restaurant/event holds a maximum of say 150-160 guests as is the case in the Dessert Party, it allocates say a max of 4 two table tops in the system which are usually quickly snatched up within hours. Over booking in party size and then canceling a person or two later is what one has to do. Party of two is just hard to book anyplace unless you do it right at or near 180 days in the case of ADRs for restaurant. Just speaking from my own expierence in dealing with the Disney Reservation System.

I see nothing wrong with doing it at all.

Here's the issue.....tables of 4 are used for groups of 3 and 4. So, if someone says they have 3, but in reality only have 2? They have now taken a larger table out of commission. Instead of Disney making the money from 3 or 4 people, they are getting 2 fewer people at a table they normally put 3 or 4 at.
It's a case of first come, first served. There have been plenty of times I have had to go without an ADR simply because there was not a table for 2 available. I didn't feel right in saying I had more people than I was going to just to be able to get a table. Disney would be completely within their rights to charge for the number of people booked. They held a table for 3, so they should get money for 3.
I booked a table for 2 yesterday, for May 31. Guess I got very lucky.

In regards to booking 3 for 2 people.
When the extra guest is canceled, then Disney has another spot to book...these added together do make more tables avaiable to others.
If need be, I would do it too.
It would of course just be better to book the exact number desired, but Disney does not set it up that way.
I am not in the least worried that Disney will miss out on $$ due them!
They will sell every seat...as always!
If the current system was making them lose a $, they'd change it!

In regards to booking 3 for 2 people.
When the extra guest is canceled, then Disney has another spot to book...these added together do make more tables avaiable to others.
If need be, I would do it too.
It would of course just be better to book the exact number desired, but Disney does not set it up that way.
I am not in the least worried that Disney will miss out on $$ due them!
They will sell every seat...as always!
If the current system was making them lose a $, they'd change it!
I guess it all depends on when you cancel then. I think I'm just better off not discussing this anymore....:thumbsup2

I see both sides. I agree someone who gets on early to book should have the right to get an ADR even if they are out of 2 tops and only have 4 tops left. Also having worked at Disney at a restaurant I know that they cannot just create new tables and sell off extra seats. Every restaurant has a certain number of 2 tops, 4 tops, 6 tops, etc. once all the ressies have been taken for all 2 tops that is all there is except to seat them at a bigger table.

First I want to say enjoy the Dessert Party TheHoneymoonerz!

The Disney reservation system is to blame for this. If a restaurant/event holds a maximum of say 150-160 guests as is the case in the Dessert Party, it allocates say a max of 4 two table tops in the system which are usually quickly snatched up within hours. Over booking in party size and then canceling a person or two later is what one has to do. Party of two is just hard to book anyplace unless you do it right at or near 180 days in the case of ADRs for restaurant. Just speaking from my own expierence in dealing with the Disney Reservation System.

I see nothing wrong with doing it at all.

We've booked two summer trips around this time, once in 2010 and once just a few weeks ago. I've been able to get almost any ADR I want as two and we like to go to CRT, Chef Mickey's, Le Cellier, etc. The only ones that I still haven't been able to get are 'Ohana for dinner and BOG for dinner. Otherwise, we've been very happy with our ADRs for two.

Here's the issue.....tables of 4 are used for groups of 3 and 4. So, if someone says they have 3, but in reality only have 2? They have now taken a larger table out of commission. Instead of Disney making the money from 3 or 4 people, they are getting 2 fewer people at a table they normally put 3 or 4 at.
It's a case of first come, first served. There have been plenty of times I have had to go without an ADR simply because there was not a table for 2 available. I didn't feel right in saying I had more people than I was going to just to be able to get a table. Disney would be completely within their rights to charge for the number of people booked. They held a table for 3, so they should get money for 3.
I booked a table for 2 yesterday, for May 31. Guess I got very lucky.

Actually, at the dessert party, the tables are round. 1-3 tops are seated at the same size table. 4-6 tops are seated at the same size table. For parties 6+ tables are pulled together, not nearly as comfortable for large parties as square/rectangular tables. I would post pictures, but the tables in the background that show this (I've been as a party of 2 and 6, so...) are not of my family/friends. They are people I don't know and I'm not comfortable plastering pictures of strangers on the Internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter