Wishes Dessert Buffet Reviews March / April

My main reason to go is to relax on our last night of our 9 day trip.

Our family group of 10 will be celebrating my Mom's 80th birthday and since its our last night, it will be fun to feel pampered and to stay and watch the "Kiss Goodnight".

And then stroll leisurely down Main Street and just enjoy..........

Priceless..........

While I agree that 27.99 is a bet extraordinary, it is Disney, and it is dessert! If you are not a dessert person or family, why even consider attending? Let's look at the experience in total:

1) Reserved fireworks viewing, with an amazing view of Tinkerbell overhead. I have only read one poster suggest that it is not a good spot to view from - the over 100 others I have read suggest the exact opposite!

As for standing people not interfering with the view, the last time I watched fireworks they were in the sky, and not at shoulder level. Unless the person standing in front of you is the Giant from Jack in the Beanstalk, I can't see how this will be a problem.

2) Dessert - yes, you are a captive audience, and Disney does make profit off its food. But it is dessert people, and it IS DISNEY!

3) Beverages are also included - you have to factor that into the cost as well since they are charged extra even at CS restuarants

It would be an extra bonus to see Spectromagic too!

I happen to check allearsnet and found a review.

It was a thrill for me to call up Disney Dining and book the Wishes Dessert Party for Sunday March 28, 2010, the first party after the hiatus. I was my first solo trip and it was my last night’s treat. When I called Disney Dining, I was given an arrival time of 9:20PM at the Tomorrowland Terrace. The cost was $27.68 for the event, which was a bit of a shock. Anyway, I was excited for it.

The CM's were very nice when I arrived, providing a wristband so you could leave to use the restroom and return quickly. I was shown to my table, which had a place card with my name. A Photopass photographer was nearby to capture pictures with the castle in the background. Unfortunately, they are not included in the price.

When I went to the dessert tables, I was amazed at the selection of goodies. Cheesecakes, crème brulee, truffles, brownies, tarts, chocolate strawberries, canolis, a huge assortment! There were also fresh fruits, mango shooters and other delights!

They had a separate drink station with lemonade, raspberry lemonade, coffee, tea, water and a frozen drink that was not marked.

After choosing my selections, I went back to my table to enjoy them. And enjoy them I did! Once the fireworks started, it was great. What a super view of Tinker Bell! The fireworks were beautiful, but because of the location, not in the center of the castle of course.

What annoyed me is that halfway through Wishes, I refilled my plate with a few goodies and gotten my first cup of coffee. I then got up to take some photos and when I returned to my table, it had been completely cleared. It was obvious that nothing had been touched and I was pretty annoyed. I was going to say something to one of the CM's but they were already packing up the dessert & drink area. There was a very efficient CM clearing all the guest's tables, so this must be their procedure.

Overall, it was a nice experience, albeit too expensive & rushed for the price. Had they allowed you to enter earlier and linger a bit afterward, it would have been much more pleasant. Even offering a baggie for the treats that I had left untouched would have been preferable to tossing them.

This dining experience could be outstanding if they just take it slower. The price is too steep for less than an hour, unaffordable for most families.

I just tried to make a reservation and they had opening, had to check with the DH to make sure the date was okay and now the ressie system is down. I SOO want to do this!

Would you do it again or recommend it to a first time family who wants to see the fireworks?

This is not my review. However, I would recommend for a family doing it for the first time. I will be doing it again in a few weeks. :thumbsup2

On 4/6 Wishes was at 10PM, so we got over there about 8:40. We checked in and were told we were in group C. I didn't know what that meant (still don't LOL).
Tables were assigned so no need to rush in. We had a table almost dead center (maybe that was the "C"). I had booked this afte 2 days of trying and getting "it's not in the system". The morning I booked I still couldn't get it, but I got home after work and found out it was booking and called.
DH was not wild about paying the extra $ for the 5 of us, but he's usually pretty good about letting me try things at least once at WDW.
The desserts were amazing! My 18 year old DD loved the mango shooter best. My 14 year old DD liked anything chocolate, as did my DS. DH isn't a chocoholic like the rest of us, but he found plenty to like, especially canolli.
I liked almost everything. My one mistake was the creme brulee. I LOVE creme brulee--ate it last week at Wolfgang Puck Express, Narcoosees, and Sunshine Season--but I didn't read the whole sign--it was PISTACHIO creme brulee--and for me, IMHO, it was gross.
They had lots of tea options, and both tea and unsweet tea, plus lemonade.
There was only one small table in front of us, a mom/son combo, so we didn't even have to stand for the fireworks. Tons of good pics. Tink didn't fly--it was a little windy--which was a shame because the thing went right over where we were. People seated on the sides could go up to the railing and stand if needed.
I love the limited seating and the fact that it's not a big cattle call rush to get seated where you want. And I really loved not wasting 2 hours of park time staking out a fireworks spot!!!! We spent that time doing all the tomorrowland stuff.
I highly recommend this.
Daisyx3

Thanks for your report !

Could you tell how many people the area accommodated ?

Sounds like you had a great time ! ! !

There are a few reviews from actual DISers on the other thread. This is pretty much the same review that we gave in July, and we paid $10.00 a person less, so it seems not much has changed except for the steep price.

Tiger :)

There are a few reviews from actual DISers on the other thread. This is pretty much the same review that we gave in July, and we paid $10.00 a person less, so it seems not much has changed except for the steep price.

Tiger :)

I was looking for a thread and couldn't find it. I will try to locate it. Thanks:thumbsup2

On 4/6 Wishes was at 10PM, so we got over there about 8:40. We checked in and were told we were in group C. I didn't know what that meant (still don't LOL).
Tables were assigned so no need to rush in. We had a table almost dead center (maybe that was the "C"). I had booked this afte 2 days of trying and getting "it's not in the system". The morning I booked I still couldn't get it, but I got home after work and found out it was booking and called.
DH was not wild about paying the extra $ for the 5 of us, but he's usually pretty good about letting me try things at least once at WDW.
The desserts were amazing! My 18 year old DD loved the mango shooter best. My 14 year old DD liked anything chocolate, as did my DS. DH isn't a chocoholic like the rest of us, but he found plenty to like, especially canolli.
I liked almost everything. My one mistake was the creme brulee. I LOVE creme brulee--ate it last week at Wolfgang Puck Express, Narcoosees, and Sunshine Season--but I didn't read the whole sign--it was PISTACHIO creme brulee--and for me, IMHO, it was gross.
They had lots of tea options, and both tea and unsweet tea, plus lemonade.
There was only one small table in front of us, a mom/son combo, so we didn't even have to stand for the fireworks. Tons of good pics. Tink didn't fly--it was a little windy--which was a shame because the thing went right over where we were. People seated on the sides could go up to the railing and stand if needed.
I love the limited seating and the fact that it's not a big cattle call rush to get seated where you want. And I really loved not wasting 2 hours of park time staking out a fireworks spot!!!! We spent that time doing all the tomorrowland stuff.
I highly recommend this.
Daisyx3

Thanks for the review. We are going in a couple weeks and booked the party, but I was still debating if it would be worth it.

Were you able to linger after the fireworks?

There have been lots of reports from the previous parties, (fall and winter), that the desserts are packed up and the tables cleared while the fireworks are going on. I am hoping we can sit for a while after maybe enjoy some more desserts while we wait for the park to clear out.

I am going again on May 7th. The first time I went was in August. It was raining that day so we didn't see Tinkerbell fly. I hope that she flies this time. BTW, what is the Goodnight Kiss?

The following is from :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinderella_Castle

At the park's closing, the nightly 'Kiss Goodnight' is performed, in which Roy O. Disney's dedication speech for the Magic Kingdom is played all over the park alongside classic Disney music which changes with the vivid colors of the castle. When the park closes before 11pm, the show is performed again at 11pm providing entertainment for guests of Disney resort hotels bordering the Seven Seas Lagoon.

Hopefully this information is still current. Has anyone been there for it lately ?

Ok - I am losing my mind. I think I just figured out that the mods are moving posts around, but the problem is that now my posts don't make sense as one of them was to the other thread, and one of them was to this thread!

Sorry...Tiger

After reading the reviews about them clearing the tables quickly, I am going to carry our plates with us to the railing *if* we are still eating.

Here is a new review from All Ears from March 28th - it seems to indicate that the past practice of clearing tables before Wishes starts, is still going on:

http://land.allears.net/reviewpost/showproduct.php?product=555&cat=80

HTH, Tiger

I had read that review, but I had hoped since it was the first night that meybe things had changed. In this blog review they say that they stayed after wishes had a couple more desserts and tea. They didn't feel like they had to rush out. The 2 reviews are conflicting so I was wondering which is the norm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter