• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wish Stateroom TV's

meliscan

Mouseketeer
I have been looking at video's and pictures of the Wish. I like the bigger TV on the wall of the stateroom but that seems like a bad idea. The people on the couch and bunk bed can't really see the TV. My son would pull the curtain and watch TV while we slept on the other side. I think we are really going going to miss this option.

I have been looking at video's and pictures of the Wish. I like the bigger TV on the wall of the stateroom but that seems like a bad idea. The people on the couch and bunk bed can't really see the TV. My son would pull the curtain and watch TV while we slept on the other side. I think we are really going going to miss this option.
A lot of times the TV can be pulled out and moved/angled if need be. Don't know if that can happen on the Wish but it is possible.

Watched quite a few videos and they all say that the Wish tv can not be pulled out and turned. It is hung in a fixed position on the wall. Not a great choice for a ship that sails with families. Who wants all their kids piled on your bed to watch tv or even those who want to pull the curtain those on the sofa bed can’t watch tv.

Watched quite a few videos and they all say that the Wish tv can not be pulled out and turned. It is hung in a fixed position on the wall. Not a great choice for a ship that sails with families. Who wants all their kids piled on your bed to watch tv or even those who want to pull the curtain those on the sofa bed can’t watch tv.
Yeah that's odd but I'm guessing the TV is big enough and the room small enough in relation that they don't need to do that. Although I could be wrong. I also would have to go back to one of my DVC rooms and see if those that are in the wall can be angled or not.

A lot of times the TV can be pulled out and moved/angled if need be. Don't know if that can happen on the Wish but it is possible.
It cannot, it is fixed flat against the wall. 😕 Poor design choice in my opinion.

ETA: Sorry, I see that was already answered above. My issue is I have a 17 year old and 20 year old that sleep in the bunks. I’m ready to sleep by midnight and they usually pull the curtain and watch a movie together. Now that’s not an option.

It cannot, it is fixed flat against the wall. 😕 Poor design choice in my opinion.

ETA: Sorry, I see that was already answered above. My issue is I have a 17 year old and 20 year old that sleep in the bunks. I’m ready to sleep by midnight and they usually pull the curtain and watch a movie together. Now that’s not an option.
Same here. I loved that my son could pull the curtain and watch TV while eating his 1am room service 2nd dinner :). Doesn't seem well thought out to me.

Same here. I loved that my son could pull the curtain and watch TV while eating his 1am room service 2nd dinner :). Doesn't seem well thought out to me.
It's well thought out for a couple that just wants to watch movies in bed at the end of the day. That small TV was too small and at a weird angle. This is much better for us.

Disney could replace the TV mounts with adjustable ones that let you swivel the TV, but it's not going to be on the other side of the curtain.

I don't how people can enjoy a movie on those tiny monitor screens on the existing ships. All we use them for is announcements and listening to the news playing in the background.

One of the reasons why cruise lines and hotels in general are moving away from pull-out TVs is to prevent tampering with them. Hotels, for one, make a decent amount of money from paid content on the in-room TVs. And it's very easy to use, say, an Amazon Fire TV stick to bypass it.

I don’t like the new design either. I don’t really watch the TV but my husband does. I go to sleep and he watches a movie. Now he will either have to watch in bed while I try to sleep or not watch at all. I imagine it’s even worse for families, now the kids are in the bed to see a movie. Dumb design for a family cruise.

Pure speculation, but wouldn't be shocked if it's just one of the many things that wasn't ready for the media cruise. And perhaps they will be swiveled at some point. If not, agree it's a loss.

It's well thought out for a couple that just wants to watch movies in bed at the end of the day. That small TV was too small and at a weird angle. This is much better for us.

Disney could replace the TV mounts with adjustable ones that let you swivel the TV, but it's not going to be on the other side of the curtain.
This

Much prefer the new setup - those little tvs on an angle were pathetic

I like it this new way too. When my granddaughters cruise, they are out so late when they come in, they go straight to sleep. Us oldies like to watch a movie at night, though it takes several try’s to see the entire movie.

I don't how people can enjoy a movie on those tiny monitor screens on the existing ships. All we use them for is announcements and listening to the news playing in the background.

One of the reasons why cruise lines and hotels in general are moving away from pull-out TVs is to prevent tampering with them. Hotels, for one, make a decent amount of money from paid content on the in-room TVs. And it's very easy to use, say, an Amazon Fire TV stick to bypass it.

Most hotels have their new TVs set up so that if you try and connect anything via an HDMI port, it either won't work at all, or it will set the volume at maximum without the ability to adjust it, making it impossible to use. This has been our experience at a Marriott and also just recently at the Grand Californian. My kids wanted to hook up their nintendo switch. Couldn't do it. Really frustrating.

I haven't seen pay per view options on a hotel tv for a long time...

Most hotels have their new TVs set up so that if you try and connect anything via an HDMI port, it either won't work at all, or it will set the volume at maximum without the ability to adjust it, making it impossible to use. This has been our experience at a Marriott and also just recently at the Grand Californian. My kids wanted to hook up their nintendo switch. Couldn't do it. Really frustrating.

I haven't seen pay per view options on a hotel tv for a long time...
What you want to do is unplug the network cable at the back first and power cycle the TV. The network cable sends programming instructions that disable the HDMI port. This has worked for us every time in the last thee years - including on the WBPC sailing in March on the Wonder (even if unusable because of the small screen). More on the approach:
https://lifehacker.com/how-to-outsmart-your-hotel-room-tv-and-use-its-hdmi-por-1841694937

You may also want to pick up a right angle HDMI adapter to work with the flush mounts:
https://www.amazon.com/VCE-Supported-Degree-Female-Adapter/dp/B00Y7UT6EK/

If they were going to make them stationary to the wall it would have been nice if they would have inset them too. I feel like people are going to bump into them as they walk by but I guess that is for maintenance to worry about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter