• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wish - Ship Tour

Kaertos

Earning My Ears
My wife and I are sailing on the Wish for the first time at the end of March. We've been on the Dream before, and I remember on our first cruise, on embarkation day, there was a waling tour of the ship that showed a lot of the little details while doing a great job of getting you acquainted with how to get around.
We were really looking forward to doing something like that on the Wish, but looking at some sample Navigators I don't see anything like that.
Is that still a thing? When does it usually happen?
Thanks!!

We sailed on the Wish in August. At that time, they were doing the tour, but it wasn't really advertised, you had to ask at Guest Services. I think since it was early, they were limiting the number in a group, etc. It was good, but not as detailed as we'd done on the other ships. It was still great.
I think that I'd read that it was now actually shown as an activity in the app, but I'm not sure. I'm sure someone who's sailed more recently will be able to comment.

We did it in Sept. I believe we signed up for it thru the app. There was 66 of us. They give you an ear piece so you can hear the guide. It wasn’t very long but learned a lot . Things I would have noticed on my own.

Do you remember about what time the tour happened?
Ours was actually on the second day. It was around 10 in the morning . I know it was before lunch…lol

We just walked around the first day because every thing was open house. We have grown kids but still wanted to see the kids clubs.

We were on the Wish in November. Everything is through the App. We did the tour by signing up through the App.

I was just on the Wish two weeks ago, and the tour was called the “Walking the Wish” tour. I highly recommend it, because they tell you all the thought that went into designing the ship. You can book it within the onboard activities tab in the app only when you are on board. As far as I remember they offered it on the sea days with multiple time slots throughout the day.

Yes, we sailed a couple weeks ago and they offered the tour several times. It’s probably best to do it at the beginning of your cruise but we did it on the last day, which was a sea day. It took about 1 1/2 hours and we really enjoyed it. I’d definitely recommend it. I found it by looking on the app when we were onboard. Once you get onboard, if you can’t find it, go to guest services and they should be able to help you. There were only adults on our tour - I’m not sure if there was an age limit? Although I do think our kids would have enjoyed it, they were in the kids club and it didn’t even occur to me to see if they wanted to go on it. It basically covers all the different places, Easter eggs, and artwork on the ship.

Do you remember about what time the tour happened?
It is offered the second and third day . You book it in the app usually around 5 pm starting on the day of boarding.

Ours have been about an hour long and we found them informative and useful. When we did them it was still the original crew from first contract so they had really good stories to tell.

Seeing rapunzels hair out the back from inside the ship was really cool feature. Don’t think we would have found that in our own.

Great info!

What did you tour behind-the-scenes? Kitchen, engine room, etc.?
I recently viewed a video on Amazon Prime of a tour of an MSC ship (Serenity maybe). It was very interesting.

Great info!

What did you tour behind-the-scenes? Kitchen, engine room, etc.?
I recently viewed a video on Amazon Prime of a tour of an MSC ship (Serenity maybe). It was very interesting.
No kitchen or behind the scenes more about decor around the ship pointing out little things actually in public view that many may miss and also giving some insight into the reason behind some
Of the design choices and naming etc

Does anyone remember what the tour was called on the app so I can be on the lookout for it?

Also, is there any reason why the listing would not show up until dinner time the first night of the cruise instead of being on the app once you get on the ship at lunch time?

Does anyone remember what the tour was called on the app so I can be on the lookout for it?

Also, is there any reason why the listing would not show up until dinner time the first night of the cruise instead of being on the app once you get on the ship at lunch time
rainythursdays above said it was called the "Walking the Wish" tour. As to your second question... that's a good question.

I did this tour a few weeks ago, I was able to book it when I was waiting to board the ship around 11am. I was on the ship's wifi using the app and it showed up for me.

We took the tour on our Apr 3rd voyage. I knew beforehand, thanks to this forum, that it was not a technical tour. As mentioned above it gave some insight into the design choices. I don't think most kids would like the one-hour tour. The only benefit to me was that it helped me get my bearings. I would pass on this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter