• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wish Server

ajgardner

DIS Veteran
I know there have not been a lot of sailings yet but does anyone that has sailed the Wish so far have a recommendation for a phenomenal server? After a couple “meh” dinner experiences we started requesting servers and that has worked much better for us. We enjoy the servers that like to interact with their tables (jokes, puzzles, chat a little, etc), has good recommendations, etc.. Our absolute favorite server has been Ashang Kangoo but I don’t think he moved to the Wish.

This is not meant as snarky or anything - it's just my curiosity getting the best of me.

Wouldn't requesting a specific server, who is potentially not assigned to your table, cause chaos? I mean, aren't you adding another table to that specific server's work? And isn't it possible that your table is on the other side of the dining room from their 'normal' tables, interrupting the flow of things?

My dining team on the Wish this week was Aaron and Sophie. Aaron was fantastic. Had a few good tricks for kids at other tables (I don't have kids) and even got me pretty good with a trick (no spoilers). He comes from the Magic I believe. Sophie was so nice and easy to talk to. They were always accommodating and smiling and were spot on with their food suggestions (in my opinion). Sometimes service was a tad slow but I think that's just the nature of the beast right now. They were always on the move and never just hanging out in the galley. If I was low on water and they were helping another table, I'd ask them as they passed and they got to it right away.

This is not meant as snarky or anything - it's just my curiosity getting the best of me.

Wouldn't requesting a specific server, who is potentially not assigned to your table, cause chaos? I mean, aren't you adding another table to that specific server's work? And isn't it possible that your table is on the other side of the dining room from their 'normal' tables, interrupting the flow of things?
Not if you do it ahead of time, they don’t assign tables until a week or so before so I have always made my request 3+ weeks ahead of time . When they make the table assignments they do their best to take requests into consideration. It’s not guaranteed. They don’t overbook the server.

Last edited:

My dining team on the Wish this week was Aaron and Sophie. Aaron was fantastic. Had a few good tricks for kids at other tables (I don't have kids) and even got me pretty good with a trick (no spoilers). He comes from the Magic I believe. Sophie was so nice and easy to talk to. They were always accommodating and smiling and were spot on with their food suggestions (in my opinion). Sometimes service was a tad slow but I think that's just the nature of the beast right now. They were always on the move and never just hanging out in the galley. If I was low on water and they were helping another table, I'd ask them as they passed and they got to it right away.
Thank you!

Just sailed on the DVC Wish cruise. Sheila and Jose were awesome and they are under the best head server Ivo. They all knew the menu and had excellent recommendations.

Your table assignment is moved to the Servers area so the flow isn’t interrupted if there is a table available in his/her area. I have very quirky food allergies. When a Server Team ‘gets’ it, it truly makes a better cruise experience. When we’ve done it, we emphasize we are willing to wait until their other tables are served so other guests aren’t impacted.

Based on past experience the servers and assistant servers aren't always together as one team so it is better to pick one or the other. When we were on the Wish we discovered that our favorite past assistant server from the Wonder, Christian from Costa Rica was on the ship. We were disappointed that we didn't know earlier because at that point it was really too late to switch serving teams. When my daughter went up to him he remembered us from our past cruises with him and we were able to speak with him multiple times during the cruise. I highly recommend requesting him!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter