Wish questions:spa & vibe/edge

Pixarfans

Mouseketeer
Wish questions:
1) Can you use the showers at the spa/gym without something booked?

2) Are there smoothies or special drinks at the Vibe or Edge? Do they cost extra? Also do those two groups ever get together?

At least on the other ships:
1) yes, the showers are available to any adults; often families will use the showers as a 2nd shower
2a) Vibe has a smoothie bar, though it isn't always "open." When they do smoothies within Vibe, it will be free; smoothies outside of Vibe will be a charge.
2b) Not in my experience, except maybe on CC. There is often a "take-over" event where Edge uses the Vibe space for a set time period, which often will correspond to Vibe time at the gym or somewhere else onboard. I think liability concerns keep the 2 groups from combining intentionally -- 17-yr-olds mixed with 11-yr-olds is not the programming the kids or the counselors want to do.

My daughter spent quite a bit of time in Vibe on our last cruise (she was also eligible for Edge, being 14 but didn't end up there at all). She says that they never had smoothies that she experienced. On our Nassau day she was there nearly all day.

Like lanejudy said, sometimes there is a takeover where the Vibe kids go to Edge and vise versa, but that didn't happen while we were on the Wish. I feel like we've only experienced that on longer cruises.

And just to add... there will likely be an "open house" scheduled in each Edge and Vibe every day. Any age can attend open house. So if you have kids of different ages who want to be together, that is a time they can both enjoy the club spaces.

I’m pretty sure the only time Vibe and Edge will have an event together is dodgeball late at night. Not sure if this still happens as it was 10 years ago when I partaked in it.

I can ask my son about the smoothies tomorrow, he just turned 14 on the Wish and was mostly in Vibe, though also went to Edge.
I do know they had soda (cans) and a cappuccino type of machine in Vibe. If my kid has anything to add, I’ll post tomorrow:)
Edit:
Kiddo confirmed today there were no smoothies in Vibe. He loved the cappuccino/latte machine though! I didn’t even realize he had coffee based drinks on the ship. Lol He’s 14 :)
He doesn’t drink them at home - except for the occasional Frappuccino.

Last edited:

In December on the Wish our DD spent the whole cruise in Vibe, they have the bar, but it was always just stocked with canned sodas, never had actual smoothie options.

Edge and Vibe never co-mingled other than the aforementioned takeover events but even then the groups never came together.

I can't speak for the Wish, but I know that on the other ships, any drinks provided within Vibe/Edge were at no additional cost.

My daughter reported that this was also true of the 1820 Society gatherings on my recent Fantasy cruise -- when there was a scheduled "coffee hour," Cruise staff charged each attendee's beverage to an 1820 Society tab.

Wish questions:
1) Can you use the showers at the spa/gym without something booked?

2) Are there smoothies or special drinks at the Vibe or Edge? Do they cost extra? Also do those two groups ever get together?
Did you ever get an answer about the showers? I know on the other ships you can, I am also curious as to this ship since we did not need them the first time but will this time. I did find this on their site https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/faq/adults/fitness-facility-services/

Did you ever get an answer about the showers? I know on the other ships you can, I am also curious as to this ship since we did not need them the first time but will this time. I did find this on their site https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/faq/adults/fitness-facility-services/
I was on the Wish last month and was slightly disappointed with a spa shower situation.

To be clear I did not use the showers in the spa, and was told that they are available to use by anyone.

Here is the problem. The gym and spa while in close proximity are seperate areas on the Wish. The gym opens at 6am, but the Spa does not open until 8am, at least in March. I have been on all the other ships and just get a shower after an early morning workout, leaving my family to sleep in the room.

I was very surprised to not have access to a shower at 645 after a very sweaty workout. I was left with unappealing choices of going to breakfast in soaking wet clothes, or showering in my room with 3 sleeping family members.

I ended up grabbing breakfast and taking out to the abandoned pool area.

In short, I was told I could use the showers without any spa things booked, but not before 8am.

I think if the gym opens at 6am, the showers should be available by 630....

I did make my feelings known to guest services and on my feedback form.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter