Wish Maiden Voyage | July 14-19, 2022

Ok, I added a roll call to the first post. Feel free to provide any additional information if you wish (not required.) I'm so beyond excited!!!

Just signed up this morning as a Platinum Member. We're in Category 4C. It's weird we don't know our stateroom yet. My husband Larry, myself (Deanne) and our daughter Alyssa (23) are super excited and can't wait to meet those in this group.

Just signed up this morning as a Platinum Member. We're in Category 4C. It's weird we don't know our stateroom yet. My husband Larry, myself (Deanne) and our daughter Alyssa (23) are super excited and can't wait to meet those in this group.

It may have been in GTY when you booked - when there are very few rooms left in a category they do this. I’m in the same spot - we currently have 5A but no actual stateroom assigned yet.

Not sure if anyone else wanted to change also but I was able to move to main dining from second just now..! Old habits die hard… I WILL try second some time. Maybe I’ll change my mind by the time we sail…

View attachment 576439

Alright folks, who's going?! So super excited to have squeezed in on the MV. DW and I will be onboard. Will keep track of meetups in this thread. Would love to get together with some of our DIS family while onboard.

As we know this cruise will have a lot of DISboards members, consider making a LGMH magnet for your stateroom door or possibly a pin you can wear to help us find each other.

Meetups
TBD

Fish Extender
TBD - We are hearing they have suspended Fish Extender based on their website but we will keep this as a placeholder. hearing they have suspended Fish Extender based on their website

Roll Call
Feel free to provide as much or as little information as you wish. Just wanted to keep track of how many DISboards family we had on board.

DISboards NameActual Name (if you wish)Stateroom Category or RoomPartyFish Extender (if available)
BishopArcArc (self) & Josie (DW)9DSelf & DWSure
tidefanSelf & DW
AquaDameGTYSelf & DH
DisneyMomCT13
bobbiwozBobbi (self) & Tom (DH)
rewhitingjrSelf , DD14, DD20
CliffsideSusan (self) & Rick (DH5CSelf & DH
poohj80
OKW LoverJeff (self) & Val (DW)4ASelf & DW
Cousin OrvilleKate & KevinDH & DW, kids (17,12,9)
2PrincesseInTow
AllyseDeanne (self), Larry (DH), Alyssa (DD)4CDW & DH, DD (23)
We are also booked in a 5A room in the exact location we wanted, Forward upper Deck 10. This will be cruise number 17 since we have one planned for near the end of 2021.
We have met Pete Werner several times and have attended one of his cruises and one of the special events at boardwalk. Plus we've run into him at the parks a few times. I hope he will take us up on our offer to help organize a brief meet up.

Last edited:
I hope he will take us up on our offer to help organize a brief meet up.
Yeah would be awesome! Looking forward to meeting everyone. DW and I were talking last night, there's no telling who will be on this cruise. Will likely feel like information overload.

View attachment 576439

Alright folks, who's going?! So super excited to have squeezed in on the MV. DW and I will be onboard. Will keep track of meetups in this thread. Would love to get together with some of our DIS family while onboard.

As we know this cruise will have a lot of DISboards members, consider making a LGMH magnet for your stateroom door or possibly a pin you can wear to help us find each other.

Meetups
TBD

Fish Extender
TBD - We are hearing they have suspended Fish Extender based on their website but we will keep this as a placeholder. hearing they have suspended Fish Extender based on their website

Roll Call
Feel free to provide as much or as little information as you wish. Just wanted to keep track of how many DISboards family we had on board.

DISboards NameActual Name (if you wish)Stateroom Category or RoomPartyFish Extender (if available)
WebmasterPetePete
BishopArcArc (self) & Josie (DW)9DSelf & DWSure
tidefan11ASelf & DW
AquaDameGTYSelf & DH
DisneyMomCT13Jean (self)4Bself, husband,daughter
bobbiwozBobbi (self) & Tom (DH)
rewhitingjrSelf , DD14, DD20
CliffsideSusan (self) & Rick (DH5CSelf & DH
poohj80
OKW LoverJeff (self) & Val (DW)4ASelf & DW
Cousin OrvilleKate & KevinDH & DW, kids (17,12,9)
2PrincesseInTow
AllyseDeanne (self), Larry (DH), Alyssa (DD)4CDW & DH, DD (23)
bradisgoofy5A

So excited to have made it on the MV! We took a family stateroom as that was all that was available yesterday and we feel so blessed to have the reservation! Would love to meet some fellow DISBoards folks! Beyond excited for this!!! I have a feeling this is going to be the most memorable and unique DCL experience we’ve ever had!

It may have been in GTY when you booked - when there are very few rooms left in a category they do this. I’m in the same spot - we currently have 5A but no actual stateroom assigned yet.
able to move to main dining from second just now..! Old habits die hard… I WILL try second some time. Maybe I’ll change my mind by the time we sail…

Thanks for explaining how GTY works.

We had put in for first dining but are in second and on a waiting list for first.

How soon after the MV does the inaugural voyage occur. I was just reading in another blog about the pros and cons of Maiden vs. inaugural. I have not been on either.

We're all excited by the MV.

Thanks, Deanne

Please update us on the role call:
I’m Penny sailing with DD Aspen (15) in 5B cabin Deck 9.

Last edited:
How soon after the MV does the inaugural voyage occur. I was just reading in another blog about the pros and cons of Maiden vs. inaugural. I have not been on either.

We're all excited by the MV.

Thanks, Deanne

I think all the cruises in the first year are considered the Inaugural season.

How soon after the MV does the inaugural voyage occur
This is the way I understand it, but someone please correct me if I'm incorrect. The first season the cruises go out is called the inaugural season. The maiden voyage is the first sailing of the ship with paying passengers (what we're on.) When the ship arrives into Port Canaveral, they will have a christening ceremony with the media and all that. Following that, there will likely be an inaugural sailing for the media, travel agents, etc. I don't believe those actually visit a port (but I could be wrong about that) but it's usually a short cruise just for them to experience the ship and the experiences so they can go back and sell or advertise the cruises.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter