• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wish I had somebody to come with me

Thanks for all the positive advice, I "may" be going 8-22 sept if I can pluck up the courage. I think generally out and about I'd be ok. May just miss having someone to be excited with ☺️
Worried about character dining and meets alone, and if I'm going I really wanna do those things.
Have you been solo often? What led you to first go solo? ☺️

I'm there Sept 13-18 solo, could be persuaded to meet for a character meal possibly. I went solo last May and did not have a problem meeting characters at meet and greet spots, did not do any character meals solo. (I am an over age 50 woman). You may be able to find others on here to meet up with.

I go solo when my DH is on scuba trips, rather than stay home alone I go to my favorite spot, WDW!

Thanks for all the positive advice, I "may" be going 8-22 sept if I can pluck up the courage. I think generally out and about I'd be ok. May just miss having someone to be excited with ☺️
Worried about character dining and meets alone, and if I'm going I really wanna do those things.

Just once so far, though I loved it and plan on continued to go solo if the opportunity arises. I really wanted to go to F&W last year and no one else was around to go, so I just went. Possibly one of my favorite Disney trips ever. Definitely don't worry about dining and character meets alone, they're still really great in my experience!

I'm in the exact same boat as you...friends either, gave partners, can't afford it, or font wanna go lol I'm 42, it's a funny age *** friends are settled and with kids. Kept looking at a couple of days in DLP as a lone trial...........but it practically doubles the price too
I'm booked at POR 8-22 sept. Must say all that he support on here is encouraging me though, seems like quite a few go solo, trouble is im a bit of a people person though, really "need" to go, would be great to have disney friends

I'm in South Wales and thinking about going on the 6th of September. Would be nice to go with someone who's been before :) I already have all the restaurants picked out:blush:

I'm from the US and was there solo for over 2 weeks when I was looking at apartments. (I now live at/near WDW and am a CM.) I won't lie to you there are moments when you feel a little lonely but everyone is SO friendly and when you are staying for that long of a time, you have the rare opportunity to actually make some real connections with people. I hope you find the courage to go ahead and take the trip!! If any of you need a buddy for a meal, they have threads on here where you can find someone to share an ADR with. I also love making friends at the parks, so if I'm not working I would be happy to meet up with you solo females! Happy planning! :goodvibes

Hey There,

I have been solo once or twice, and enjoyed my time. I lived relatively close (up in Georgia), so if you'd like to get together for a meal out or something let me know. I am always up for an excuse to go down!

Don't sweat it, Disney alone is actually fun. I've been going every other year, sometimes every year for over 30 years with my son (now an adult and his wife went with us last time). He wasn't able to go and I had an opportunity last April to go during my birthday so I went solo. Loved it so much I went again in Sept. for Food and Wine solo. I will go again this May for F&G, again solo. I was able to go to shows, which he hates, just sit on the bench and watch the people. I love to resort hop so I actually did a split stay both times so I could experience new resorts. I often take trips by myself because my mate hates to travel and his job requires him to pretty much be available 24/7. I love to travel so I do it alone. Eating alone at Disney is very easy, ask for a table with the good view if you are at a TS restaurant so you will have something to look at. If you are dining at a quick service look for something near a window or outside. Having the freedom to come and go as you please and not having to worry about what anyone else wants to do is great. I never felt unsafe, even early mornings when I go out and jog. Enjoy it.

I'm a huge Disney fan and would love to go to Disney World. I don't want to go alone as that would suck but I have nobody that would come along. Any ideas?

If that is your attitude about it now, it could affect the way you feel when you arrive. Your only options really are to invite somebody along you already know, make new friends and see if somebody shares that same interest or go by yourself.

I am doing my first solo in the beginning of December and I am excited. I love the idea of doing my own thing, searching for pins for as long as I want, spending as much time in the shops as I want, riding things as many times as I want, eating where I would like and coming and going on my own schedule. I was supposed to go with my sister, but she went off and let her husband get her preggers. LOL My husband does not care for the parks and my daughter isnt interested in going again. The only other people who love it as much as me is my MIL and SIL and I am not going there again. Love them, but solo will be better.

I just came back from my first solo trip to Disney. It lasted ten days and it was a belated birthday present for myself. I think the best thing I did was do two tours and I also spent two days at Universal. It was my first time doing any tours and visiting Universal. I loved every minute of it. The tours I did were the epcot seas aqua tour and horse back riding at Fort Wilderness. Those were two things outside my comfort zone that I tried and I loved them both. Eating was actually easy to do. I really never felt uncomfortable and the cast members were great as well. Biegarten is a great place to eat as well for a solo traveler. You get to sit with 7 other strangers. I would say go for it and have a great time. Sleeping in or just walking around Epcot or eating what ever time you want to is a lot of fun. I hope you end up doing it.

Going to Disney World alone doesn't suck - I've done it 10 times. There's no compromising - you can stay where you want, do the attractions you want, skip the ones you don't, go to the parks when you want, leave when you want, eat where and when you want; you don't have to please anyone but yourself.

It was these boards that made me realize not to feel bad about doing Dis alone. All of those reasons made so much sense to me. Keep encouraging us!

I've been to disney solo twice. Sure it is fun to have someone to talk to but it is much better to do it solo when you want to ride the rides multiple times and not have someone ask can we do this now and you had planned to do that later on. You can do your hobby like if you like to take photos or video things or even draw, you have the time to do that. I'd do the solo trip. I'm taking my 3rd solo trip this year (hopefully) in October. Go for it!!

Hello Countrygirl -
I am going Solo end of October - early November... hopefully (not definitive just yet)... I wont do Disney unless its the last week of October... sooooo nice! No large crowds, cheaper rates.. cant beat it!

If that is your attitude about it now, it could affect the way you feel when you arrive. Your only options really are to invite somebody along you already know, make new friends and see if somebody shares that same interest or go by yourself.

I am doing my first solo in the beginning of December and I am excited. I love the idea of doing my own thing, searching for pins for as long as I want, spending as much time in the shops as I want, riding things as many times as I want, eating where I would like and coming and going on my own schedule. I was supposed to go with my sister, but she went off and let her husband get her preggers. LOL My husband does not care for the parks and my daughter isnt interested in going again. The only other people who love it as much as me is my MIL and SIL and I am not going there again. Love them, but solo will be better.

Thanks for posting this.
I am going SOLO in late Oct. I thought it would be a drag too until the posts on these boards made me see it differently. Now I am looking forward to it. I even at first thought I could link up with some people from the boards but like you said... when you are dealing with OTHER people you start compromising again on what it is you want to do. Doing it solo allows you to do Disney perfectly YOUR WAY! I'd still love to plan a meal or attraction with someone from the boards... but if not.. .that's okay too!

Just once so far, though I loved it and plan on continued to go solo if the opportunity arises. I really wanted to go to F&W last year and no one else was around to go, so I just went. Possibly one of my favorite Disney trips ever. Definitely don't worry about dining and character meets alone, they're still really great in my experience!

I have always gone in Oct during F&W. This time going again in Late Oct and going SOLO for the first time. Going solo because (as you mentioned) there isnt anyone who can afford to do it this year.... and I'm just ready to go.. so what the heck... I'm goin'!

I'll most likely be going around that time too. I just got back from a mostly solo trip and meets where pretty much my favourite things to do! All the characters where so sweet and lovely to me, even paying a bit of extra attention to me since I was there by myself. Just be enthusiastic and you've got nothing to worry about! I did have a bad character breakfast one morning by myself, but I was in a bad mood that morning for another reason so I'm pretty sure that was why I didn't have such a good time, I'd try it again solo next time.

I'll be taking my first solo trip end of this week or next week. I just moved to Brandon from Atlanta, Ga and have no friends out here. Hoping to make some on here to go with me! :)

My first trip was 4 years ago and it was solo. I had no real plans and had a great time. I was planning on taking a solo trip this year, but other people have heard me rave and want to come. I think solo is a great way to go, just enjoy the people watching. And getting to do whatever you want.

Hi there, I live in Cornwall and have the same problem. I have spent 2 months in WDW in the past 12 months and have largely run out of friends and family who want to go back as soon as I do. I'm looking at May 2016. Free dining is out on Thursday so waiting to se what comes up. Did a week solo in March as part of a longer joint trip and really enjoyed the solo time there. Just a bit worried about the whole two week thing.

Leagill, I'm in the UK too! I was thinking of going for 10 days, either September ( a lot cheaper) or February 2016 for my birthday. Would be cool if we could arrange something:)
I'm in the U.k too...have to say I had such a good time Solo last October..Food & Wine Festival at Epcot and Halloween at Mk..that I'm planning to do it again this year..flew from my local HUY airport too.

[QUOTE=" I have been really hoping to meet someone to go with all of last year, but sadly at my age (31) everyone is coupled up and not at all interested in going to Disney [/QUOTE]

31...you're still a Spring Chicken..my kids ( your age) wouldn't come with me last time , so went Solo...I feel bad saying I had such a good time...but it was Ace :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter