• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wish I had somebody to come with me

ARose91

Earning My Ears
I'm a huge Disney fan and would love to go to Disney World. I don't want to go alone as that would suck but I have nobody that would come along. Any ideas?

Are you sure you would have a sucky time if you went by yourself? I love Disney too and if I had to wait for friends/family to finally decide to go with me then really it would never happen. I went to Disneyland solo for 3 days last March as a trial to see if I could handle going without constant companions and I ended up having a great time! The ability to decide on what/where/when to do things/eat is priceless. And really you're not completely alone. You're with hundreds of other Disney fans. During my trip I talked to all kinds of people while waiting in lines and for the parades and I'm a pretty shy person.
Because of this new found confidence I went to Universal Studios Orlando last November for a solo trip and I'm going to WDW for my birthday week next month and doing it solo as well. I eventually want to take a cruise solo too.
You should give it a try. You may end up surprising yourself on just how much fun you have. :thumbsup2

I LOVE doing Disney solo. I have a solo trip planned for March that takes in Disneyland, a Disneyworld and Universal! So much fun being able to do exactly what you want, when you want, without another person who may get tired, want to eat, be bored if you want to go on Space Mountain four times in one day... Etc! I can't wait!

I've done Disney with my partner, and with other family members - hopefully they never read this, but it's more fun on my own! Plus there are always people to talk to, whether in the lines or cast members.

Try it. You'll love it!

Loved your reply to this post.....so positive....I'm also considering a 2wk solo....my friend had to cancel.
But thinking if doing 2days at DLP first as a trial , would love to hear any solo stories ��

I'm the same! I would love to find someone to go with as I'm not sure I'd enjoy it as much on my own! But living in the UK means a 1 or 2 week trip, which is a long time on your own I think! Otherwise Id be more than happy to try a couple of days there alone! Britdisneyfan- I also considered a trial run at Paris but the price seemed quite expensive when I looked for only 3 nights, approx £700 ish which was a lot compared to a 2 week Florida trip which was only around £1200 in comparison! Maybe I was looking in the wrong place for a good deal!

It would be lovely to meet more UK disney fans on here, it's a shame there isn't a UK solos disney group so that we could arrange trips altogether!

I've been to disney solo twice. Sure it is fun to have someone to talk to but it is much better to do it solo when you want to ride the rides multiple times and not have someone ask can we do this now and you had planned to do that later on. You can do your hobby like if you like to take photos or video things or even draw, you have the time to do that. I'd do the solo trip. I'm taking my 3rd solo trip this year (hopefully) in October. Go for it!!

Leagill, I'm in the UK too! I was thinking of going for 10 days, either September ( a lot cheaper) or February 2016 for my birthday. Would be cool if we could arrange something:)

Whereabouts are you based in the UK then? I'm all the way down in North Devon! So that's 3 of us Ukers on this thread that are keen for a disney trip! :cool1:

I'm the same! I would love to find someone to go with as I'm not sure I'd enjoy it as much on my own! But living in the UK means a 1 or 2 week trip, which is a long time on your own I think! Otherwise Id be more than happy to try a couple of days there alone! Britdisneyfan- I also considered a trial run at Paris but the price seemed quite expensive when I looked for only 3 nights, approx £700 ish which was a lot compared to a 2 week Florida trip which was only around £1200 in comparison! Maybe I was looking in the wrong place for a good deal!

It would be lovely to meet more UK disney fans on here, it's a shame there isn't a UK solos disney group so that we could arrange trips altogether!

Yes I've received advice that two wks may be too long, but from the uk 2 wks would be fab! I'm already booked for sept :/ but my friend can't come, so now not sure what to do, I'm so desperate to go.
Yes I saw same prices for DLP today, such a shame it's so pricey

Yes I've received advice that two wks may be too long, but from the uk 2 wks would be fab! I'm already booked for sept :/ but my friend can't come, so now not sure what to do, I'm so desperate to go.
Yes I saw same prices for DLP today, such a shame it's so pricey

2 weeks might be a bit long, but it's definitely not too much where you'll run out of things to do. Even if the parks are a bit tiring after a couple times you could always explore the different hotels, I always used to do that growing up when we went for over a week. Spend a day or two hopping between the hotels, pools, different restaurants and bars, etc. When in Sept are you going? I am going solo at the end of Sept I believe.

Britdisneyfan - 2 weeks really flies by over there, in fact I dont think its long enough (I last went in 2013 with my ex) and it makes more sense to go for 2 weeks when the flight/travel time to get out there and back takes up a lot of time from the UK as it is! I am soooo desperate to go as well! I have been really hoping to meet someone to go with all of last year, but sadly at my age (31) everyone is coupled up and not at all interested in going to Disney (they dont know what they are missing!!) or if they do go they go with their partners (I have a colleague who is going with his wife for 3 weeks next month, staying at a universal hotel, then a disney hotel, and then on the idrive for the final week!! So jealous!)

Ive never actually travelled anywhere alone before so the whole idea is quite a scary one! I can understand your worry, it is a long time to be on your own! And its nice to share fun times with someone, especially over there when there is so much to see and do, its exciting! Whereabouts are you staying over there? What dates have you booked? :)

when?
i'm itching to go in two weeks…i have a great rate for the poly..
i went solo in september..
watch

WDW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCDjdbRcEHU
tim[/QUOTE

Great video and just downloaded Somewhere Over the Rainbow for my Disney Play list. Wife and I are going to WDW at end of March, too bad you will have already gone, would've been nice to meet and say hi. We are staying at PORS.

Enjoy your trip hope you have great weather

Britdisneyfan - 2 weeks really flies by over there, in fact I dont think its long enough (I last went in 2013 with my ex) and it makes more sense to go for 2 weeks when the flight/travel time to get out there and back takes up a lot of time from the UK as it is! I am soooo desperate to go as well! I have been really hoping to meet someone to go with all of last year, but sadly at my age (31) everyone is coupled up and not at all interested in going to Disney (they dont know what they are missing!!) or if they do go they go with their partners (I have a colleague who is going with his wife for 3 weeks next month, staying at a universal hotel, then a disney hotel, and then on the idrive for the final week!! So jealous!)

Ive never actually travelled anywhere alone before so the whole idea is quite a scary one! I can understand your worry, it is a long time to be on your own! And its nice to share fun times with someone, especially over there when there is so much to see and do, its exciting! Whereabouts are you staying over there? What dates have you booked? :)

I'm in the exact same boat as you...friends either, gave partners, can't afford it, or font wanna go lol I'm 42, it's a funny age *** friends are settled and with kids. Kept looking at a couple of days in DLP as a lone trial...........but it practically doubles the price too
I'm booked at POR 8-22 sept. Must say all that he support on here is encouraging me though, seems like quite a few go solo, trouble is im a bit of a people person though, really "need" to go, would be great to have disney friends

2 weeks might be a bit long, but it's definitely not too much where you'll run out of things to do. Even if the parks are a bit tiring after a couple times you could always explore the different hotels, I always used to do that growing up when we went for over a week. Spend a day or two hopping between the hotels, pools, different restaurants and bars, etc. When in Sept are you going? I am going solo at the end of Sept I believe.

Thanks for all the positive advice, I "may" be going 8-22 sept if I can pluck up the courage. I think generally out and about I'd be ok. May just miss having someone to be excited with ☺️
Worried about character dining and meets alone, and if I'm going I really wanna do those things.
Have you been solo often? What led you to first go solo? ☺️

Yes it's such a shame how hard it is to meet like minded people, or ones that are actually available to go! It's actually on my dating criteria now that he must be up for disney lol!

Ooh wow so there will be a ton of new stuff for you to see! Are you a Harry potter fan too? As the potter land at universal is amazing!! So much fun!

No I haven't booked anything yet, I'm determined to go this year but like you I am a people person! I don't mind being lonely for a couple of days but 2 weeks seems so long, and I love to talk about everything with someone, to share the excitement! What company have you booked with? Maybe I could look into booking the same trip :)

For years I never had anyone to go with, friends deemed it as too childish, (however, one couple I knew who would never go, ended up having to go to florida on business and so they tried the parks, now they are hooked and go every other year on vacation). It's just persuading people, not easy. Now I have a partner to go with, but I have tried it alone and I actually really enjoyed it, you go at your own pace and you will meet people. The hardest part is eating out alone so I went self catering/apartment and ate in quite a bit.

While I have not traveled to Disney by myself, a few years ago I traveled to Ireland by myself. When it's just you, there are No compromises and it is ALL about what YOU want to do. When you are with another person, or god forbid a group, everything (every itty bity thing), has to be discussed and compromised or agreed upon (think about it). When you are traveling solo, you are also more open to talking and meeting other people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter