Wish - Food vs. Classic Ships

I would ignore the reviews. Each person will say the exact opposite about each ship. However, I have heard that the QS on the Wish is better than the other ships. It’s a different concept. The DIS crew thought the food on Wonder out of Alaska last summer was terrible. Ours was good this summer. They also thought the food on Fantasy last year was great. We thought our food on Fantasy last summer was just OK, especially compared to our previous 2 cruises on Fantasy.
I agree food can be hit or miss on any cruise. It was the atmosphere on the Wish that I didn't like...too loud and crowded.

My original reply was about the food, that I felt that was a notch up. As for the actual dining rooms, not so much. I enjoyed 1923 but the other 2, I could do without. I don't enjoy a show during dinner.

My original reply was about the food, that I felt that was a notch up. As for the actual dining rooms, not so much. I enjoyed 1923 but the other 2, I could do without. I don't enjoy a show during dinner.
Agree with the dinner shows. Loved the decor in 1923.

Bottom line: Lower your expectations. No one goes (or should go) on any DCL ship for the food in the MDRs. It is simply mass produced mediocre food for thousands of people at the time--sometimes a bit better than mediocre, sometimes a lot worse.

Bottom line: Lower your expectations. No one goes (or should go) on any DCL ship for the food in the MDRs. It is simply mass produced mediocre food for thousands of people at the time--sometimes a bit better than mediocre, sometimes a lot worse.
A really good take on all cruise lines. At least the mass market ones.

Loved the festival of foods on the Disney Wish. I like the MDRs as well. You may want to discuss with your server what food selection he would recommend. The servers usually know what is good to order.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter