WISH Check-in 2002 year end!!

Jiminy102

<font color=blue>The TF is busy trying to tag peop
Well the New Year is just 2 days away WISHers!!! Hard to believe another year has passed. This year has presented a lot of obsticles with trying to loose weight this year. I had trouble staying motivated and my father was very ill most of the year. I managed to loose until about August when he passed away. Since then I have gained 12-15 pounds of what I had lost back. I have managed to maintain during the holidays and am ready for a fresh start for 2003!!! My motivation is back and I really want to do this!! I know it will be hard but It is worth the continuing efforts.

How was everyones year?? Were you able to loose or did you get easliy side tracked. Any words of wisdom or words of caution. Share you efforts in our year end review!! Successes and not so successes all help us to learn and to do better the next time!! Help yourself and everyone here at WISh to stay motivated during this new year.

As always remember to drink your water!!

Everyone is welcome here at WISh. Nothing fancy to do just jump right in with what you are trying to do to be healthier!!

Welcome to all the new WISHers!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful 2002 and here's to an even better 2003!!

Happy WIShing
Holly

Originally posted by Jiminy102
How was everyones year?? Were you able to loose or did you get easliy side tracked.
I think I've shared my story in dribs and drabs in recent months, on various boards here at The DIS. (For the most recent version of "the full story", surf over to http://pub56.ezboard.com/faifitzonecommunityfrm102.showMessage?topicID=54.topic)

Anyway, I've had a wonderful year, all told. After losing 70 pounds last year, I got down to a healthy weight this year by losing another 35 pounds. After so many excuses and failed efforts, it was gratifying to not only reach goal, but exceed my wildest dreams about the physical condition I could achieve. It just goes to show that with the right mix of support, determination and good science, anything is possible.

I guess I'm one of those to whom you were referring when you said "just jump right in"-Jump!
Want to lose 20 lbs. so I can walk without getting as tired. Also, my mother has severe osteoporosis, so I'm aware of the importance of calcium and weight-bearing exercise. Also, I have a high-stress job, teaching at a military school, so have to watch that blood pressure. Last year it was up there, but I've been walking regularly with a coworker, and boy has it dropped! Also, went for my first bone scan and boy, am I dense!
Gotta keep moving as much as possible to keep my bones and blood pressure as they are and to lose the weight.
Only obstacle I see is the water drinking, which I mentioned in another post.

Holly, I started gaining weight after my dad's heart operation. On the 4 hour drive home from the hosptial, I eat 20 donuts holes.

I was 210 lbs, lost over 80 lbs, gained after second baby and now 155 lbs. I want to be 125-130 lbs. I am starting fresh tonight.

You are inspiring ~ thank you! It's going to be a great year!

2003 ~ we are ready for you! S

I have been eating pretty much 'whatever' the past couple of days -- and have been feeling horrible! What the heck was I thinking!:rolleyes: -- Back to my low carb eating now! It has been working for me in 2002 and I am looking forward to obtaining a few goals in 2003 too. My current goal of being down to 215 by Christmas was reached!!!! Next is under 200 by sometime in February or March. Then to be able to wear my wedding rings again by my 21st anniversary the end of April. And finally to drop a total of 60 pounds this year and be down to 155 by the time I start 2004!

So as everyone starting the New Year with challenges comes, reaches their challenge, and goes again -- I will still be here.;) Remember to come back and check on me from time to time!
:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter