WISH Away the Pounds - Spectacular September Challenge...Everyone Welcome

WEDNESDAY QOTD -- 2 questions: 1. Which classic Disney movie to love to watch over and over again. I mean from before 1970 2. Which more recent movie to do you enjoy watching. It could be live action or animation

Classic would probably be Cinderella. DD and I watched it over and over and over when she was younger. More recent would be Toy Story (the original, not 2 or 3)... DS (and I) watched it over and over and over and over when he was younger! Much more recent?? Tangled! DD and I really loved it!

Hi everyone!

This week has been nuts so far. At what point does nuts become normal - it's nuts all the time!
I've had a really great running week so far. Here in northern VA, our temps have fallen to the perfect point - around 50 first thing and up to the mid-70s during the day. I ran 5 miles Sunday afternoon, 4 miles Monday night, and 3.1 this morning at some of my best times in ages. It just feels so good to get out and go! My next half marathon is October 12th in CT; I get to run that one with my cousin, and my mom will get to see me run for the first time.

Today's QOTD: I think my favorite classic is Sleeping Beauty. I <3 Maleficent in all her evil glory! I have one of those little vinyl POP characters of her on my desk, and she keeps me strong when I want to bang my head against the keyboard.

I have loved so many of the modern movies! Little Mermaid is an instant classic, and I adore Tangled and Brave. I'm going out on a limb for Frozen. The songs are all written by my college friend Bobby and his wife Kristen, and I'm so excited to see a sisters movie. It doesn't hurt that I have my own Anna, who is quite excited about there being an Anna in the film!

I'm hoping for a good WI on Friday, and I might make it my last for September. I'm feeling great about the progress I'm making toward what I thought was kind of an unrealistic goal. Who knew? On Friday, my sister comes into town, and we're escaping to a local hotel for a weekend of good restaurants, shopping, spa, you name it. She's in a lousy place right now - her husband left her after almost ten years of marriage - and ONE WEEK after they moved into their new house in CA. They have two sweet little girls, and they moved there for his job. So she's dealing with a lot of *&@%^#% right now, to put it mildly. I went out there when it all came apart in early August, and we talk every day now - I'm so glad she's coming here for a much-needed break.

So my focus may not be as laser-sharp this weekend as it has been this month! But I'm so happy with my progress - I think I've reined it in after an overindulgent summer without feeling deprived.

Hope everyone has a great week!

XO
Liz

Enjoy your sister time. Nice of you to be helping her so much and hosting her for a break!

Liz, where are you running in CT?

I'm having a good day so far!
Weighed in at 169.8! Yay!
And did a little clothes shopping today and didn't go completely mad! I even bought some stuff.
I'm not one to really look at myself in a full length mirror but today I did actually take a good long look and was pretty happy with the way I look in clothes. Not so much out of clothes, but after 4 kids I think I can live with that.

YEAH, YEAH, YEAH!! :woohoo:

P.S. kicking my chocolate chip cookie and Ruffles habit seemed to be REALLY helping as this week I feel like I have been shot outta cannon (which is a good thing)
in regards to weight loss totals but looking forward to Monday's weigh in (I am assuming it's Monday?? yes / No??).

Between that & I am now eating salads twice a week and dum de dum dum!!

DUM DE DUM DUM DA!!!!!!
I BOUGHT MY FIRST BUNCH (6 of them) OF GREEN APPLES YESTERDAY!!:p

Q: Which ones do you suggest I buy next time?? Green or Red ones??:upsidedow
(I bought green but dont know if there is a difference)

T.T.F.N.:wave2:

Apples.... green tend to be more tart. Did you buy Granny Smith? They are great for baking and also for eating if you like a harder crisp tart apple. For "off-season" eating I go for Braeburn or Gala.... they tend to retain their nice crisp texture even after storage. For something milder and softer, especially after storage, Macintosh and Cortland are good (red/green). This time of year, I think ALL apples are great! Fresh off the tree, warm from the sun!! Top favorites for me in the fall are red delicious, Paula Red, Winesap.... but pretty much any crisp sweet apple works for me!! Try visiting an orchard where they might offer samples of different apples, so you can decide which are your favorites! Or perhaps you could do a pick-your-own and buy a bag of all different types!

I am feeling better thankfully - throat is dry so throat lozengers are my BFF's right now.. had a great time at the fair and while I indulged some I didn't think it was too bad.. I ate 1 piece of fried haddock with about 10 homemade FF, had about 3 Onion Rings, 2 bites of a cannoli and 1 deep fried Oreo.. and that was it for the rest of the day.

Hope you are recovering and feeling great today~!

THURSDAY QOTD -- What is your favorite green food?

If forced to pick just one, I think I'd say broccoli.... but if I could pick a few more I'd also say spinach, green grapes, kiwi (the inside is green!), and green beans!

My favorite old movies are 101 Dalmations and the original Parent Trap. My favorite newer movie has to be Beauty and the Beast (big long story behind that one) and all of the Toy Storys since that is something my boys grew up with. 3 came out while ds2 was in college.

Just a quick stop by. I leave tomorrow morning at 4am to head to Kansas City for our niece's wedding on Sat. It was so strange to leave on a Thursday and say See you Tuesday. I really didn't want to rush back on Sunday so I took 2 personal days. I really don't have a great time at weddings but it is nice to get away.

Have a happy and healthy day.

Have a wonderful trip!

Favourite green food-green peppers (grapes would be a close 2nd though):)
Glad you are enjoying catching up with your daughter Pamela:thumbsup2
Good luck to everyone today:goodvibes
I lost .5lb so content for now :)

Thanks... it was a nice visit, but short and busy.

I don't even remember what my goal for this month was, but if my guess is right than i'm 1.4 away. probably won't happen but I got a lot closer than I thought! and i'm 1.4 away from the 160's!!!

WOOHOO!!

FRIDAY QOTD -- What is one good thing you can do for yourself this weekend?

I just registered for a scrapbook crop in October :yay::yay:

YAY!! Wish I could go to the crop with you!!

Hello, all! :)

So I went out early this morning to do a crazy long training run - 14.5 miles - ack...and I did it! I stuck to my intervals and actually finished with a pretty good overall pace. :cool1:

Then I thought, hey self, you still need to do your WW lifetimer weigh-in for the month. And if I don't go today, I won't get another chance to go (my sister visits this weekend, yay!). So I went right from the long run to the local WW center and weighed in. And OMG. I'm back in my lifetime range and made my goal here for the month exactly! I'm still a bit over goal, but I'm back in maintainer land officially, which feels great. *kermitflail* :)

Now to go enjoy a weekend of restaurants and wineries with my sister without blowing this!

QOTD for today might be an obvious one - I'm going to relax and enjoy a couple of days with my wonderful sister.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
XO
Liz

Nice job hitting the scale! Congrats on being within your WW range!!

Good for myself this weekend - I am going to an all day crop event on Saturday and having a visit with my DD on Sunday! (I also have a crop planned for Oct and Nov!) :cheer2:

I am down .4 this week and overall for the month so far at 1.9 not my goal but much better then this summer!

Have fun at the crop!!

QOTD--what am I doing good for myself this weekend? I am going to see my DS. Haven't seen him since the end of July and Mike hasn't seen him since the end of June. We are all very excited--even DS! We are making a day trip to the beach which is very exciting!

We made it through the month. It was rough. I cried more than I even want to think about and I ate so much crap it is ridiculous. We signed the papers selling our house yesterday. So it's done. It is both sad and exciting. Mostly exciting. :)

I am ready to hit the ground running in October. I will have about 5.5 weeks until W&D and even if I only lose 1.5 pounds per week I will be solidly back in the low 150s. It's going to take a big effort, because I have redeveloped every nasty bad habit you can think of. So we are going to relax this weekend. Try to eat ok, and get back in the healthy food mode on Tuesday.

Have a great weekend! :)

You can do it.... I know you have it in you. Put the stress of September behind you and look for an AMAZING October! Life will slow down just enough and you are ready for lots of new adventures in your new home!! Enjoy the beach with DS and get ready to RUN Disney!

hey everyone, i'm heading out for the night and all day tomorrow.... i'm not sure if there is a coach for the remaining days of this month? if you don't mind (anyone) please post a QOTD for the group! :thanks:

I don't see one posted yet, so I'll jump on with one in a minute!!

I'm happy that I made my goal for the month. My goal was 3 lbs and I lost 4. Just hope I can maintain while at Disneyland this week :)

Great job surpassing your goal for September! Tell Mickey I said HI!

Morning everyone, going out for my 5K in a few minutes, but just thought I'd report in on the weight loss......woohoo, 3lb gone this week, which means I've made it into the 160's....not bad for a someone who was bordering on the 240's only 9 months ago!!! I've now lost 70lbs in total.

Pat on the back for me I think!!!

HUGE pat on the back for you!!!:worship:

P.S. Hey everyone - with all of this weight being lost, kinda makes me wonder how much EXTRA ROOM (due to smaller clothing) we will all have in our suitcases the next time we go on vacation.:woohoo:

Has anyone noticed a difference recently??:confused:
(or even in your closets)

T.T.F.N.
&
Cheers:wave2:

Actually.... LESS room in my closet because I actually ENJOY buying new clothes now!!! I went from owning less than a week's worth of decent work clothes to having enough to wear something different every day for a month!!::yes::

OKAY... off to post a weekend QOTD!..........P

Question of the Weekend for 9/28-29/2013:

It's the weekend.... you are hanging around the house.... there are LOTS of tempting foods in the kitchen... chips, cookies, cheese, etc. What do you do to get your mind off of the goodies??

Do you eating something ELSE to keep your belly full (carrots anyone?)??

Do you get out of the house??

Do you THROW OUT the tempting foods?

Do you give in, snack on the junk and figure you'll eat nothing but celery and water on Monday??

Do you get involved in a project around the house to keep you busy (yard work, knitting, etc)??

Do you have a totally different solution??

**Must say, I am NOT USED TO being home all weekend after 9 years of busy swim weekends and I am struggling to stay out of the kitchen when I am home all day with nothing specific to do!!

I go out and leave the bad stuff at home!!!

Well, I didn't get another personal best at the 5K this week, but was still pleased with my time considering I've done no exercise at all since the 5K last week!! Had lots of stuff going on during the week, so just couldn't make the time.

Kept myself away from food by going to watch a Premier League football game with DH as he got free tickets from work. It was a good game, the home team won, and the autumn sun shone down on us the whole time.

Came home to the wonderful smell of the crock-pot almost ready to feed us!! There will also be enough left to put 2 portions in the freezer, so that's a little something in store for later in the week. Plan for tomorrow is to make bolognaise and chilli for the freezer so that we're prepared for evening meals next week now that I'm back at University on a Wednesday evening.

If the weather is good in the morning we may try a short cycle ride before I embark on the cooking marathon.

QOTD:

Being home on the weekends with all the junk food is hard for me! I typically work weekends, so it is nice to be able to get out of the house and away from it.
When home, like now, I try to busy myself to keep from snacking. I'm currently rolling change for our trip to Nebraska on Wednesday! Woo hoo!

Since it's just the two of us and no kids, it's getting easier and easier to just not buy the junk food. I am having trouble finding yummy yet healthy snacks that don't require much effort so that I can eat them on the go. I'm currently on an apple kick :)

I prefer carrot and celery sticks - they keep better in little baggies whern I'm out and about, and don't go brown!!

Morning everyone, going out for my 5K in a few minutes, but just thought I'd report in on the weight loss......woohoo, 3lb gone this week, which means I've made it into the 160's....not bad for a someone who was bordering on the 240's only 9 months ago!!! I've now lost 70lbs in total.

YAY you!!!! Good job!

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Well done!!! You nearly lost 1/3 of your weight! What an achievement! And you are a great inspiration! :thumbsup2

---

I noticed something this morning: I think my weight gain might have something to do with the time I get up. The end of last week I got up very early every morning. Today I woke up around that time and had to use the bathroom. Hoping to see the scale moving in the right direction I got on it. It did show one pound less than yesterday! Yay! :thumbsup2 And then I went back to bed and slept another two hours (it's the weekend after all!). When I really got up I went back on the scale and was shocked that it showed 1.5 less than two hours earlier. And it showed the same weight as last Friday. So after all the talk we had about weighing this week: It seems that not only morning/evening should not be compared. But also don't compare your 6am weight and your 8am weight!!

Yes, I do notice a difference. I get up at 7, take the kids to school and come back around 9. I weigh myself before I eat breakfast when I get back from taking the kids.
I try to be consistent to get an accurate weight every day.

DS17 had his meet today, omg the whole team did amazing!!! This is a huge meet, lots of kids, a wide start that funnels to a really small shoot at the end of the field. It is really easy to get jammed up in the pack. DS and I went over his strategy and talked about weaving his way to get up front. He did everything perfectly! He came in 66th over all, 6th out of 7 for our varsity team and finished in 18:07. Can you imagine running a 5K in 18 minutes?!?!?
All the boys did really well and other than the 2 fastest kids we have on the team, they all finished together in a group.
The best part of the day was the fact that there is one butthead on the team and DS unnerved him because DS was on his butt the whole time. Butthead was livid. I told DS that you are in his head now, so the next 2 smaller meets you need to stay on him and make him run your race. Then we can set up for the last big race, and have DS smoke the butthead.
DS has this uncanny ability to make people go nuts because he's silent but will ride right on the other guys shoulder. They can feel his presence and it makes them very uncomfortable.

And for myself, the best part of the day was when DS was running the last segment of the race, I was able to run really fast from the beginning of the dog leg, across the field, and catch him at the finish. And I didn't get winded!!

:dance3: So exciting! What a great feeling to look back and see how far you have come. Very impressive and quite inspiring!

Congrats to all who lost this week and got closer to whatever goal you are working towards!

I go out and leave the bad stuff at home!!!

That is probably the BEST idea!!

Well, I didn't get another personal best at the 5K this week, but was still pleased with my time considering I've done no exercise at all since the 5K last week!! Had lots of stuff going on during the week, so just couldn't make the time.

Kept myself away from food by going to watch a Premier League football game with DH as he got free tickets from work. It was a good game, the home team won, and the autumn sun shone down on us the whole time.

Good job enjoying the game without food. Around here, football/soccer, baseball, hockey.... they all seem to involve EATING and DRINKING along with WATCHING!

Came home to the wonderful smell of the crock-pot almost ready to feed us!! There will also be enough left to put 2 portions in the freezer, so that's a little something in store for later in the week. Plan for tomorrow is to make bolognaise and chilli for the freezer so that we're prepared for evening meals next week now that I'm back at University on a Wednesday evening.

If the weather is good in the morning we may try a short cycle ride before I embark on the cooking marathon.

I'm on a cooking marathon of my own this weekend. Thumbs up to BOTH OF US for getting prepared for healthy eating during the week ahead!

QOTD:

Being home on the weekends with all the junk food is hard for me! I typically work weekends, so it is nice to be able to get out of the house and away from it.
When home, like now, I try to busy myself to keep from snacking. I'm currently rolling change for our trip to Nebraska on Wednesday! Woo hoo!

Since it's just the two of us and no kids, it's getting easier and easier to just not buy the junk food. I am having trouble finding yummy yet healthy snacks that don't require much effort so that I can eat them on the go. I'm currently on an apple kick :)

I bought a HUGE bag of Macoun apple yesterday at the orchard and they are BEYOND YUMMY! Best apples I have in ages! I will actually need to keep myself from eating too many this weekend! So I can understand the apple kick!

Yes, I do notice a difference. I get up at 7, take the kids to school and come back around 9. I weigh myself before I eat breakfast when I get back from taking the kids.
I try to be consistent to get an accurate weight every day.

I used to notice when I had to get up at O'dark thirty to take DD to swim stuff, that my 4am and 5 am weigh-ins weren't as good as my 7 am and 8 am weigh-ins. But it took a while to see the pattern. Now I try to stick with a consistent weigh-in somewhere around 6 am.

DS17 had his meet today, omg the whole team did amazing!!! This is a huge meet, lots of kids, a wide start that funnels to a really small shoot at the end of the field. It is really easy to get jammed up in the pack. DS and I went over his strategy and talked about weaving his way to get up front. He did everything perfectly! He came in 66th over all, 6th out of 7 for our varsity team and finished in 18:07. Can you imagine running a 5K in 18 minutes?!?!?
All the boys did really well and other than the 2 fastest kids we have on the team, they all finished together in a group.
The best part of the day was the fact that there is one butthead on the team and DS unnerved him because DS was on his butt the whole time. Butthead was livid. I told DS that you are in his head now, so the next 2 smaller meets you need to stay on him and make him run your race. Then we can set up for the last big race, and have DS smoke the butthead.
DS has this uncanny ability to make people go nuts because he's silent but will ride right on the other guys shoulder. They can feel his presence and it makes them very uncomfortable.

And for myself, the best part of the day was when DS was running the last segment of the race, I was able to run really fast from the beginning of the dog leg, across the field, and catch him at the finish. And I didn't get winded!!

Well... first of all HURRAH to DS for such a great run... and for being so into the MENTAL GAME of it as well! The BEST athletes are the ones who can work the mental game as well as the physical part of the sport!!

And second HURRAH to YOU for doing the "Mom Sprint" so well!! And I am SO happy to see you here, reporting so many good things! :hug:

Morning all! I"m busy in the kitchen today, getting prepared for a busy work week. I've got 13 bean soup cooking to pack up for my lunches for this week, plus homemade applesauce going for tonight's dinner. I have my menus for the week planned and the appropriate meats defrosting in the fridge. I just need to make a pot of rice (part of it for tonight and part for Wednesday night). I'm working every day this week (plus double on Tuesday with subbing all day and my WW meeting in the evening), so I need to stay on top of things.

Laundry is fairly well caught up. I will finish up one load today and then plan my outfits for the week and get them ironed if need be.

I'm waiting to hear from a lady regarding a bag I am looking to buy from an online FB yardsale, so I may have to dash out for that later. And of course bedmaking, vaccuming, and hopefully some scrapping today as well.

EVERYONE READY for the big move to October??? We don't want to lose anyone in the move, so be prepared! Go reserve your seat if you haven't already done so, so that we are ready to start strong in October!!

Off to stir my applesauce and make breakfast for my men! BBL to chat.......P

Well done! :yay: You are an inspiration! :cool2:

I noticed something this morning: I think my weight gain might have something to do with the time I get up. The end of last week I got up very early every morning. Today I woke up around that time and had to use the bathroom. Hoping to see the scale moving in the right direction I got on it. It did show one pound less than yesterday! Yay! :thumbsup2 And then I went back to bed and slept another two hours (it's the weekend after all!). When I really got up I went back on the scale and was shocked that it showed 1.5 less than two hours earlier. And it showed the same weight as last Friday. So after all the talk we had about weighing this week: It seems that not only morning/evening should not be compared. But also don't compare your 6am weight and your 8am weight!!

Good point! ::yes::

P.S. Hey everyone - with all of this weight being lost, kinda makes me wonder how much EXTRA ROOM (due to smaller clothing) we will all have in our suitcases the next time we go on vacation.:woohoo:

Has anyone noticed a difference recently??:confused:
(or even in your closets)

You might be on to something there. I was able to pack for my 12 day cruise in one carryon bag but sadly my closets still seem to be quite full. :sad2:

Happy weekend my friends! Looks like things have been picking up here! Usually after a few days away I can catch up quickly, but you all have been very chatty!

My weigh-in yesterday was slightly less than stellar, but I wasn't surprised. After visiting DD for two days and being in less control of my food, I kind of expected that I wouldn't show a loss. The food at her school is very good and and plentiful and lots of choices, but when you don't know the content, calories, fat grams, PointsPlus, etc, it is hard to gauge. I guess I could have stuck with salad, salad, salad, but how boring is that??? I ate healthy and watched my portions but enjoyed a few small treats and expect that next Friday's weigh-in will be an improvement.

Glad that you had a good visit with DD! :goodvibes

It's the weekend.... you are hanging around the house.... there are LOTS of tempting foods in the kitchen... chips, cookies, cheese, etc. What do you do to get your mind off of the goodies??

I try to keep the goodies to a minimum.

Do you eating something ELSE to keep your belly full (carrots anyone?)??

Hot beverages, and protein with every meal to avoid that hungry feeling.

Do you get out of the house??

Sometimes, but I really like to stay home on week-ends -- it's a treat!

Do you THROW OUT the tempting foods?

I have been known to do that. ::yes::

Do you give in, snack on the junk and figure you'll eat nothing but celery and water on Monday??

No, it's easier to keep up than to catch up. I will use my weeklies or APs if needed.

Do you get involved in a project around the house to keep you busy (yard work, knitting, etc)??

Some times.

Do you have a totally different solution??

If I watch a movie or tv show on my Kindle I don't seem to want to eat. :confused3

**Must say, I am NOT USED TO being home all weekend after 9 years of busy swim weekends and I am struggling to stay out of the kitchen when I am home all day with nothing specific to do!!

Thanks for posting a QOTD for the week-end! :flower3:

Buffy, congrats to DS on his great meet! :goodvibes

Lisa.... I agree with staying home on the weekends being a TREAT! After 9 years of crazy swim and robotics weekends, I am LOVING having whole weekends to just be HOME! I'm sure that will get boring eventually, but not yet!

Okay folks... time to get something else done! I am sick of being in the kitchen. The low carb pancake recipe I made for DH for breakfast was a bit of a disaster. I finally got a few decent pancakes, but it was a struggle, so that recipe will go in the recycling bin. I was so frustrated by the time I was done with those, I didn't want to cook anything for myself, so I ended up toasting a Van's waffle and putting on a bit of light cream cheese and calling it DONE.

Went out to my herb bed and grabbed a handful of fresh rosemary, basil, and parsley for my 13 bean soup. I threw some in now (full leaves) to infuse some flavor during the long simmering process and then I'll throw those out and put in some fresh chopped stuff when I add the veggies later.

I made some homemade tomato basil soup yesterday and it turned out delicious, even though I didn't use a recipe. If there is any interest out there, I'd be happy to post my process/recipe/idea here. It was SUPER low cal, low fat, and reasonably low carb (unless you count the tomato carbs).

I"m off to check out the October thread (fresh and shiny and NEW) and save myself a seat! .....................P

I'm certainly interested in a good n tasty tomato soup recipe!! Tomato is my fave, but DH hates it!

Just been looking at the 5K results from yesterday.....they've managed to catch me in the photos this week too...unfortunately (fluorescent spandex is soooo not a good look!!)

Anyway, here they are if you need a laugh........the one on the left is me 'in action', and the one on the right is of me in the funnel, getting my timing barcode sorted.

Helenparkrun328Sep13jpg_zpsb6cb0912.png

Love the ?:goodvibes

With us, it's just keep on thinking about making our overall target weight & how good & I am going to be looking (going clothes shoppin' in about 7 more weeks) when I head off for San Fran in a few more weeks.:grouphug:

P.S. ELIZA32..... I MADE GOAL for end of month!! YYEEAAA!!!:thumbsup2 Will be PMing u shortly.
luv the pics.:goodvibes

So many good reports - no I feel really bad. Ok I would not sit down and eat a stick of butter but that's what I did! We'll not exactly. My sons birthday was this weekend and I made his cake Friday night. I make really goof buttercream and add a little almond extract. I had leftovers which I basically just ate many spoonfuls over the day.

It's still in the fridge and I'm going to toss it in the morning before I get tempted more.

My son snuck a bag of Mellowcreme pumpkins in the cart. It was my first bite of Halloween candy and it's not even October!!! I had a couple handfuls over the weekend - shame :(

Oh well I did skip on my diet cokes and do more water.

I'm going to be super focused the rest of the week because our DL trip is in 2 weeks!!!'

So many good reports - no I feel really bad. Ok I would not sit down and eat a stick of butter but that's what I did! We'll not exactly. My sons birthday was this weekend and I made his cake Friday night. I make really goof buttercream and add a little almond extract. I had leftovers which I basically just ate many spoonfuls over the day.

It's still in the fridge and I'm going to toss it in the morning before I get tempted more.

My son snuck a bag of Mellowcreme pumpkins in the cart. It was my first bite of Halloween candy and it's not even October!!! I had a couple handfuls over the weekend - shame :(

I'm going to be super focused the rest of the week because our DL trip is in 2 weeks!!!'

....when it comes to frosting & such.

Here I am in the kitchen, cooking.

AND......

nibbling on what I thought was 4 "INNOCENT":littleangel:
looking malt balls........

UNTIL -

just 2 days ago I discovered that EACH FLIPPIN' maltball is 10 FREAKIN CALORIES!!!

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!:mad:

NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO!!:sad:

THIS STINKS!!

SIGH!!!:sad2:

So, oh yes - I stopped that bad habit as well
:thumbsup2
(I wud do that EVERYTIME I cook)

and - very proud to say that SHOULD I desire a little something for an after meal dessert (and want chocolate)....

I stick to no more than 90 calories worth.:yay:

ALLRIGHTEE --- I am off to the OCT thread.

CYA!:goodvibes

T.T.F.N.

My final number this morning put me at 3.2 pounds lost for September, so I made my goal, which was 3 pounds! :cool1:

Now for the October goal of getting into the 160s!! I'm right at 171 now - October the month of Halloween candy, it's going to be tough!

Eliza32, thank you so much for hostessing this month! :flower3:

You look fabulous in your running picture! :cool2: You've come a long way, baby, since the days of the gray shirt. :hug: Keep up the good work. :thumbsup2

I would have a very hard time resisting the siren's call of the buttercream frosting, too, DisFam95. Especially with almond flavoring. ::yes:: But a little indulgence isn't the end of the world and will help you maintain your focus before your DL trip. You'll have to tell us more about it on the October thread.

Thanks for a great challenge and I'll see you all on the October thread. :goodvibes

Hi everybody!

So in a last minute surge for the month, and after a couple of big see-saw weeks, I managed to pull off a BIG loss and drop 6 pounds from last week! Now, it was on a different scale, so I'm not too sure how accurate it is, but in order to keep my head in a happy place, I'm sticking with it! :cool1: October is looking good already. :goodvibes Hope to see you all there! Thanks Helen for hosting and to all our great coaches this past month. :love:

I'm certainly interested in a good n tasty tomato soup recipe!! Tomato is my fave, but DH hates it!

Just been looking at the 5K results from yesterday.....they've managed to catch me in the photos this week too...unfortunately (fluorescent spandex is soooo not a good look!!)

Anyway, here they are if you need a laugh........the one on the left is me 'in action', and the one on the right is of me in the funnel, getting my timing barcode sorted.
]

I think you look amazing and strong and happy!! I'll post the soup recipe later.

P.S. ELIZA32..... I MADE GOAL for end of month!! YYEEAAA!!!:thumbsup2 Will be PMing u shortly.
luv the pics.:goodvibes

Congrats on making goal!

Nothing like frosting to make the willpower waver!! Dump salt on the bowl and put it in the trash!! You will be back on track before you know it!

nibbling on what I thought was 4 "INNOCENT":littleangel:
looking malt balls........

UNTIL -

just 2 days ago I discovered that EACH FLIPPIN' maltball is 10 FREAKIN CALORIES!!!

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!:mad:

NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO!!:sad:

THIS STINKS!!

SIGH!!!:sad2:

So, oh yes - I stopped that bad habit as well
:thumbsup2
(I wud do that EVERYTIME I cook)

and - very proud to say that SHOULD I desire a little something for an after meal dessert (and want chocolate)....

I stick to no more than 90 calories worth.:yay:

ALLRIGHTEE --- I am off to the OCT thread.

CYA!:goodvibes

T.T.F.N.

Good for you for checking the calorie and stopping yourself!

My final number this morning put me at 3.2 pounds lost for September, so I made my goal, which was 3 pounds! :cool1:

Now for the October goal of getting into the 160s!! I'm right at 171 now - October the month of Halloween candy, it's going to be tough!

WOOHOO!!

Hi everybody!

So in a last minute surge for the month, and after a couple of big see-saw weeks, I managed to pull off a BIG loss and drop 6 pounds from last week! Now, it was on a different scale, so I'm not too sure how accurate it is, but in order to keep my head in a happy place, I'm sticking with it! :cool1: October is looking good already. :goodvibes Hope to see you all there! Thanks Helen for hosting and to all our great coaches this past month. :love:

WOW!! That is amazing!!

At work on a lousy computer with just a few minutes to spare. Off to chat on the October thread!! ...............P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter