WISH Away the Pounds Outstanding October Challenge -- Everyone welcome!

I met up with my old best friends Ben and Jerry this weekend! I felt so guilty!! I told my teen daughter not to even bring it in the house because I would eat it. She didn't believe me until she went to the freezer to get it and it was gone, lol! It didn't cause a gain but it slowed down my loss for my weigh in with WW today!

Oh - these are wonderful friends, but you really don't want to meet them too often!!! :rotfl:

Am proud to report that I tracked my cookies - got an initial shock as they only had kJ number on the website, no kcal and I just saw 1811 for 100g and could not believe that they could have that many calories. But once I put all the data in the WW calculator it came out that I ate 6 points.

But I did go out for a 30 minute run - it was a great run, I managed to pick up some speed. So that earned me 5 activity points, so I guess we are nearly equal (and I still have loads of the weekly extras left over, but I tend to not lose very well if I eat those).

It was actually a really good run! I am kind of surprised as I did not manage to get out until 9pm. But then I remembered that I used to go to the gym around that time many many years ago . So maybe this is just a good time for me and I should just make more use of it for my exercise. Of course during the winter running at 9pm is going to be very cold. But so would be running at 6pm... I guess once the cold weather comes around, I will just have to train with Jillian again...

Evening all! As predicted, Lisa's "Provencal Beef Stew" was delicious! The only changes I will make next time are less carrots, more/better red wine, more onions.

I am struggling with the travel journal I'm making for my trip with DS this weekend and it is taking FAAAAARRR longer than I thought. Just can't get the journaling cards to print out the right way.....:badpc:

Gotta prep for tomorrow's WW meeting, in case I get called to work at school tomorrow.... I need to be READY!

TTYL...................P

It's something I have to be able to integrate into my lifestyle. We don't eat out very often but I do cook all the time (food network is one of my best friends). So realistically, I have to be able to eat other things than just salmon and vegetables for the rest of my life.

So we did Raising Canes for the 160 mark. We are going to do Papa Johns (pizza) for the 150 mark. And a place called 5 Guys Burgers and Fries at 140. My family is patiently waiting! I haven't decided what to do for 130. Maybe Melting Pot. Anyway, the way I see it, it's not rewardingly self with food, it's slowly bringing back occasional treats so that I have something to look forward to and still be able to lose/maintain.

QOTD: I have definitely gotten back to portion control lately. And chips and sweets are not part of my daily diet. Dessert was a hard one for sure. I'm a sweet tooth. But it had to go, so it went. I never have been an emotional eater, unless you count loving food emotional eating. For me it's just loving to eat good food but now learning to eat less of it. And to pick your battles. For example, I'd rather have a delicious dinner of steak and potatoes than to eat pancakes in the morning. If I ate both, it would be bad. If I pick one, dinner definitely wins out. I can do that!

That sounds like a great strategy about training yourself to go out for a meal while not overindulging. Sounds like you have a lot of great places lined up and I like it that you make it a family event. :thumbsup2

Portion control is vital! The good thing is that once you are trained to smaller portions it becomes difficult to eat large ones. I used to have really large portions of pasta, am now at less than half my previous portion. Some time ago, I was so hungry and just put my old portion into the pot to boil it. I had to throw something out as I could not eat it all - even on a day when I already had made the decision to be bad!

Hi ladies!

I'm going to go through and get caught up on my 15 minute break at 8:45 but just wanted to check in and let you all know I haven't forgotten you!

Following the busy end to my week two weeks ago, I came in last Monday to find out Marketing had decided to run one of our products as the Value of the Day on Walmart.com and we were hit with 2,500+ orders. Eek! As if that wasn't enough, another product was the value of the day on Wednesday, just in time for when we finally got caught up on the orders from the first. Every day was 10+ hours so needless to say, my bed was also seeing me for another 10 hours, lmao.

I am happy to report that I lost a little bit more this past weigh in, and while I don't think I'll hit my goal (need another 2lbs) this month, I am just happy to finish it being down. My 4.6 pound goal was a bit ambitious. :)

A loss is a loss and we will take it! Good to see that you don't let it bother you that you missed your goal for the month - hopefully you will be more successful next month! And I hope the stress at work will become less!

Hi Magdalene - thanks for coaching this week..
we get our extra hour this week and and I am sure to be sleeping thru it however it was this past weekend it would have been spent scrapbooking - at my Fri/Sat event I finished 31 pages! I was happy with that becuase I happened to be sitting next to a very chatty lady - she was nice but boy could she talk! and she was hogging up a bit of my table space! LOL Oh well my next one is 11/16 and I hope to get as many done

Well lets see I have changed my mind set that I am not on diet, this needs to be forever because I have to keep my sugars under control.. and I am still working on not stress eating LOL ..

Sounds like a very successful scrapbooking weekend!

And I agree: it is important to forget all about being on a diet. Besides the fact that it does not help to just lose weight, it is important to maintain it afterwards, so just as you say, it is not a temporary event. But I also believe that the word "diet" is not good for your mind. It implies all kind of negative things: hunger, having to limit oneself. If you say, I am eating healthy it sounds much more positive!

I have been incorporating the WW suggested behavior of having a fruit or vegetable with each meal or snack. It helps me stay full for a longer period of time, and I tend to eat less junk since if I want a snack I don't usually want a fruit or vegetable PLUS something else. I can often be satisfied with just a F or V.

I had such a great weekend as far as "life" goes, but was just a disaster on the food front. I know what I did "wrong" and why. Now I just have to re-seize control and get back into the good habits I was doing so well on building.

Good for you to getting back on track immediately!! And well done on incorporating the fruit and vegetables.

Some of the things I had to work on were portion sizes, lots of excuses to overeat (anything special, any holiday, any long weekend, season finale of my favorite tv show, long car trip, etc was an excuse to eat junk and too much of it in the past), and NO exercise. I've tackled most of those pretty successfully except I continue to struggle with regular exercise..... even after nearly 6 years nonstop on this journey.

Well.... I didn't go all the way back due to time constraints, so I am very sorry for everything I haven't replied to.... that being said, I did READ everything! Hope that counts for something.

TTYL after I get a few more things done here!.............P

I am afraid that for many of us it will continue a life long project to stay slim once we lost our weight. We wouldn't have gotten to that worst point if it were easy for us to not gain weight.

And don't worry about not replying to everyone!! It is lovely when you do it, you are so great at it!! But we all know how time consuming it is!

QOTD for Tuesday:

It's time for a fun question in honour of Halloween: What would your choice of Halloween costume be? Doesn't need to be something you really could put together in two days, just pick whatever is your fancy and a fairy godmother will deliver it and make sure that you look fabulous in it!

Morning everyone! Just wanted to pop on and say hello. I am working today and this is probably my only chance to be online until I get home from my WW meeting tonight.

I really didn't want to work today.... I had planned to attend Bible study and had tentative plans to meet with someone to sell her some games (FB yard sale shenanigans), but I need to be able to justify these long weekends away with the kiddos, so I have to say YES to work sometimes when I would rather say NO! Plus I can use my teacher prep period to prep for my WW meeting, so I am double-dipping my pay during that hour or so!!:thumbsup2

I have just a few minutes to read and reply, so I'll do that now!.......P

QOTD for Tuesday:

It's time for a fun question in honour of Halloween: What would your choice of Halloween costume be? Doesn't need to be something you really could put together in two days, just pick whatever is your fancy and a fairy godmother will deliver it and make sure that you look fabulous in it!

:wave2: everybody! Sorry I've been a little MIA lately. Football season and race traning seems to be consuming just about every free moment I have on the weekends! :scared1:

QOTD: If we're talking fairy godmother stuff, I'd go with a suit to give me the body of Olympian Sonya Richards-Ross. That girl is FIT!!! :cool1:

Oh I almost forgot! I'm back in the 1-teens!!!!! (happy dance, happy dance)

off to wrap some Christmas presents ::yes:: it's next up on my to-do list!

WISHing everyone a great week !

Wow... you are "THAT" person! I used to be "that" person.... until I had kiddos, started working 2 jobs, etc! :rotfl2: Some day I hope to be "that" person again!!:thumbsup2

I met up with my old best friends Ben and Jerry this weekend! I felt so guilty!! I told my teen daughter not to even bring it in the house because I would eat it. She didn't believe me until she went to the freezer to get it and it was gone, lol! It didn't cause a gain but it slowed down my loss for my weigh in with WW today!

With friends like that you don't need enemies, right???

Oh - these are wonderful friends, but you really don't want to meet them too often!!! :rotfl:

Am proud to report that I tracked my cookies - got an initial shock as they only had kJ number on the website, no kcal and I just saw 1811 for 100g and could not believe that they could have that many calories. But once I put all the data in the WW calculator it came out that I ate 6 points.

But I did go out for a 30 minute run - it was a great run, I managed to pick up some speed. So that earned me 5 activity points, so I guess we are nearly equal (and I still have loads of the weekly extras left over, but I tend to not lose very well if I eat those).

It was actually a really good run! I am kind of surprised as I did not manage to get out until 9pm. But then I remembered that I used to go to the gym around that time many many years ago . So maybe this is just a good time for me and I should just make more use of it for my exercise. Of course during the winter running at 9pm is going to be very cold. But so would be running at 6pm... I guess once the cold weather comes around, I will just have to train with Jillian again...

I am double impressed..... both with you tracking the cookies AND with the late-night run!! Sounds like no damage done in the long run!!

QOTD for Tuesday:

I would love to have a Mother Gothel costume! My mom and I made DD a GREAT Rapunzel costume a few years ago and I would love us to go out to a party or something together!

Okay.... off for a potty stop before the kids arrive!........P

Good morning all! :goodvibes

DisneyJillian18 congratulations on your great race! :yay: As they say at the Haunted Mansion, there's no turning back now! :hmghost: Hope you had good news from the doctor. :flower3:

I've noticed on the one day of the week that I allow myself a little bit if a "cheat" with a few extra calories, the scale ALWAYS moves the next day. Go figure. I've actually researched calorie cycling a little bit. I might try it eventually, possibly when I hit my first wall. :)

I think it is good for sure to keep your body guessing! ::yes::

Busy times at your house, Jill, you truly are a soccer mom! :thumbsup2

A happy Monday to all of you!! It is going to be an eventful week: Halloween and the end of this challenge. I guess these two don't work very well together... I must admit that I am quite glad that we don't have Halloween here in Germany as that means that I don't have to deal with the temptation of Halloween candy. But I hope all of you will get through the week!

QOTD for Monday:
When losing weight it is important to not just save calories, but to actually look at what caused one to put on all this weight. Only trying to eliminate these causes will help us to maintain the healthy weight once we are at our goal. There are so many little changes we can make to our lifestyle which will help us in the future. Have you made any changes yet that you plan to keep? Or have you identified problem areas that still need to be worked on?

My biggest change this year was making sure I am active every day and not just on days I was training for races. That helped me to lose 20 pounds and keep it off this year. I still have lots of room for improvement in my food and planning as well as more activity. ::yes::

QOTD: I have definitely gotten back to portion control lately. And chips and sweets are not part of my daily diet. Dessert was a hard one for sure. I'm a sweet tooth. But it had to go, so it went. I never have been an emotional eater, unless you count loving food emotional eating. For me it's just loving to eat good food but now learning to eat less of it. And to pick your battles. For example, I'd rather have a delicious dinner of steak and potatoes than to eat pancakes in the morning. If I ate both, it would be bad. If I pick one, dinner definitely wins out. I can do that!

Excellent point! :thumbsup2 We need to be able to enjoy ourselves make this healthy lifestyle thing truly work.

Hi ladies!

I'm going to go through and get caught up on my 15 minute break at 8:45 but just wanted to check in and let you all know I haven't forgotten you!

Following the busy end to my week two weeks ago, I came in last Monday to find out Marketing had decided to run one of our products as the Value of the Day on Walmart.com and we were hit with 2,500+ orders. Eek! As if that wasn't enough, another product was the value of the day on Wednesday, just in time for when we finally got caught up on the orders from the first. Every day was 10+ hours so needless to say, my bed was also seeing me for another 10 hours, lmao.

I am happy to report that I lost a little bit more this past weigh in, and while I don't think I'll hit my goal (need another 2lbs) this month, I am just happy to finish it being down. My 4.6 pound goal was a bit ambitious. :)

Congratulations on a loss this month in spite of the crazy busy times at work! :yay:

I had such a great weekend as far as "life" goes, but was just a disaster on the food front. I know what I did "wrong" and why. Now I just have to re-seize control and get back into the good habits I was doing so well on building.

Nothing wrong with enjoying yourself and having a good time. It's the back on track immediately thing that is the key and you've got that! :goodvibes

seems like I am hungry today - gotta keep busy and drink some h20!

off to wrap some Christmas presents ::yes:: it's next up on my to-do list!

WISHing everyone a great week !

Wowza, you are working on Christmas already! :worship:

I think that as the weather cools down we get a little hungrier for sure. ::yes::

Pamela, glad that you enjoyed the stew! :thumbsup2

QOTD for Tuesday:

I would say a fairy godmother costume along the lines of what Martha Stewart did this year except in a lovely shade of blue. pixiedust: Thanks Fairy Godmother! :flower3:

I'm running at 113% for my ActiveLink this week so should finish the challenge right on track. I may need to lather, rinse, repeat this challenge again next month. :hippie:

You are a bit further away than I thought. I mapquested it and Standish is 2 hr 45 minutes and Saco is 2 hr 30 minutes. But I would be willing to drive it for an overnight crop probably. If you want to send me a PM from your CM consultant that would be great!

Okay friends.... beds made, bathrooms cleaned, laundry all hanging outside in the breezes. Dinner is simmering away (and smells delicious) and I've had part of my lunch. Now to work on the travel journal I am trying to whip together for this weekend with DS!

TTYL......................P

Pam once CM get's their act together again and she sends out a formal e-mail I'll forward it along.. even tho I only live 45 mins away I think I am going to spend Friday night there (my kids are home that weekend so again i'll need to spend some time on Sunday home with them!) But I will get you the official info when I get it..

QOTD for Tuesday:

I would love to have a great Tink costume that I looked FAB in!!

QOTD for Tuesday:

Any of the Disney villains, but my ultimate favorite would be Maleficent!!!!!! I've seen those costumes close to 300.00, which I could never bring myself to spend!

QOTD for Monday:
When losing weight it is important to not just save calories, but to actually look at what caused one to put on all this weight. Only trying to eliminate these causes will help us to maintain the healthy weight once we are at our goal. There are so many little changes we can make to our lifestyle which will help us in the future. Have you made any changes yet that you plan to keep? Or have you identified problem areas that still need to be worked on?

One thing I have changed is that I am now eating breakfast regularly - usually fruit, yoghurt and müsli. Something I still need to work on is eating more slowly.

The changes I have made are eating more veggies and portion control. I still need to work on stress eating chocolate and cookies.

QOTD for Tuesday:

I would LOVE to look fabulous in a Catwoman costume (think Anne Hathaway) :thumbsup2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Super confession time: I just wanted to eat everything today! I'm not sure why, but I definitely ate waaaaay too much. I better crack down tomorrow and Thursday. The good news is that I have lots of healthy stuff to eat, so I just need to stay away from the chocolate! I think I'll preplan and write down my food for the whole day for the next couple days. If I have a plan, I tend to stay on track better.

I cannot believe that Friday is already November. DSs have been giving me some ideas about Christmas presents already since we've gotten the Target, Toys-R-Us, and Kmart toy books in the mail. Luckily they only want a couple things. Unfortunately, those few things are $$$. They want an Xbox and DS10 wants a tablet (he wants a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.7) and DS7 wants an iPod. Gone are the days we could get 10 things for $100 :(

Well, I have some papers and Civics tests to grade so I am off. I'll try to check back in tomorrow. Have a good night.

Jill

Lots of cute costume ideas! :goodvibes: Looks like a 50/50 split between those of us who want to be good guys and those who would put their best villain on. ::yes::

Super confession time: I just wanted to eat everything today! I'm not sure why, but I definitely ate waaaaay too much. I better crack down tomorrow and Thursday. The good news is that I have lots of healthy stuff to eat, so I just need to stay away from the chocolate! I think I'll preplan and write down my food for the whole day for the next couple days. If I have a plan, I tend to stay on track better.

I cannot believe that Friday is already November. DSs have been giving me some ideas about Christmas presents already since we've gotten the Target, Toys-R-Us, and Kmart toy books in the mail. Luckily they only want a couple things. Unfortunately, those few things are $$$. They want an Xbox and DS10 wants a tablet (he wants a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.7) and DS7 wants an iPod. Gone are the days we could get 10 things for $100 :(

Well, I have some papers and Civics tests to grade so I am off. I'll try to check back in tomorrow. Have a good night.

Jill

Good idea to get back on track, Jill! :thumbsup2 We all have hungry days and by planning and having lots of good alternatives already onboard it will soon be like it never happened. pixiedust:

Yes, we have one expensive gift on the list this year here too. It's kind of nice because it takes a lot of pressure off the elves. :santa:

A friendly reminder that tomorrow is our final weigh in day. Amanda (araes2102) is hostessing the November thread and I'm sure she will be posting it soon.

QOTD for Tuesday:

Jessie. :love:

Hi everyone, I loved all your costume ideas!! At first I really did not know what I would want to be, but I decided that I would love to have a costume like those dresses that are being worn in "Gone with the Wind".

QOTD for Wednesday:

The question touches a topic which I have thought about quite a bit lately. I think I have very set ways on how I eat and when and am thinking that maybe I should change up things, so I would love to hear all your answers to today's question - and hopefully others will find it interesting as well! So this is the question: How do you distribute the food that you eat throughout the day? Do you eat a lot of snacks, do you have one meal that is bigger than the others or are they all equal? Have you found that one way is better than another?

jill -- confession is good for the soul :thumbsup2 I will confess with you that my trip last week has led to me not getting back on MFP and eating too much sugar lately as I brought home goodies. I do not want to step on the scale tomorrow... it's not going to be pretty

How do you distribute the food that you eat throughout the day? Do you eat a lot of snacks, do you have one meal that is bigger than the others or are they all equal? Have you found that one way is better than another?

right now I eat about 250 cal for breakfast and try to incorporate a good serving of protein; lunch is my biggest meal of the day usually; dinner is usually small portion of what I make for the fam. I usually spend about 200 calories on a snack, when I eat one. That is an ideal day for me

Hi everyone, I loved all your costume ideas!! At first I really did not know what I would want to be, but I decided that I would love to have a costume like those dresses that are being worn in "Gone with the Wind".

QOTD for Wednesday:

The question touches a topic which I have thought about quite a bit lately. I think I have very set ways on how I eat and when and am thinking that maybe I should change up things, so I would love to hear all your answers to today's question - and hopefully others will find it interesting as well! So this is the question: How do you distribute the food that you eat throughout the day? Do you eat a lot of snacks, do you have one meal that is bigger than the others or are they all equal? Have you found that one way is better than another?

I often wonder how hard it must have been for women to get around in those giant hoops. :confused3

I eat about the same amount of points for breakfast and lunch and "save" almost half for after work and dinner. Or if I have a really big lunch then I will eat the points I have left for dinner. I do think that you need to do some switching around with things periodically because your body will adapt and maintain if you don't shake things up.

My biggest change this year was making sure I am active every day and not just on days I was training for races. That helped me to lose 20 pounds and keep it off this year. I still have lots of room for improvement in my food and planning as well as more activity. ::yes::

Great job on the 20 for this year so far!!

Pamela, glad that you enjoyed the stew! :thumbsup2

Thank you for providing the recipe!

I would say a fairy godmother costume along the lines of what Martha Stewart did this year except in a lovely shade of blue. pixiedust: Thanks Fairy Godmother! :flower3:

That would be adorable!

I'm running at 113% for my ActiveLink this week so should finish the challenge right on track. I may need to lather, rinse, repeat this challenge again next month. :hippie:

I am SO impressed!

The changes I have made are eating more veggies and portion control. I still need to work on stress eating chocolate and cookies.

Don't we ALL!?? ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I agree with the idea of a PLAN! I am cooking up my weekend eating plan right now. Giving some thought to the treats I may encounter and want to splurge on and planning how to eat RIGHT the rest of the time! Love to hear your plan if you would like to share.

Jill

Yup.... Christmas gifts get smaller in size and bigger in price as the kids age!

GORGEOUS!!

QOTD for Wednesday:

Well.... I too have a "set pattern" that I tend to follow. Breakfast tends to be my smallest meal and dinner my largest. But I KNOW that it would be healthier and better for my weight loss/maintenance if I switched that up and had the MOST points for breakfast. I just can't seem to make myself change a long-standing pattern like that.

I do NOT snack a lot. I rarely eat between breakfast and lunch unless I have a very late lunch for some reason.... or if I hold-over a bit of breakfast to eat later. I usually have a small afternoon snack at about 3:30 pm (especially on work nights and if dinner will be late).... cheese stick, or apple, or FiberOne bar, that type of thing. The majority of my "snacking" happens at night, after dinner. I love my fat-free microwave popcorn, but since I've been trying to reduce my carbs lately I haven't had it and I really miss it. In its place I've had fruit, green tea, peanut butter, etc.

YES, I have found that eating LESS carbs (especially later in the day) is better for my weight loss and maintenance. But it isn't a "happy" way of living for me, so I only do it in spurts.

The other thing I've been trying to change over the past few years is my idea of what "meal" should be. I've learned that I can enjoy a veggie burger or turkey sandwich for breakfast and a yogurt with fruit for dinner. Lunch can be a cheese stick, and apple, and a 100 calorie pack of nuts and I will survive. I try to eat a fruit AND a veggie at every meal, but when I am super busy or groceries are low, sometimes it is either/or rather than both.

I eat about the same amount of points for breakfast and lunch and "save" almost half for after work and dinner. Or if I have a really big lunch then I will eat the points I have left for dinner. I do think that you need to do some switching around with things periodically because your body will adapt and maintain if you don't shake things up.

I agree with changing things up occasionally to keep your metabolism burning strong. I think that is why sometimes folks will have a "splurge day" or an extra treat and have a good loss that week. That metabolism furnace got BURNING HOT with that extra food!

Okay folks! I'm sort of caught up here. Happy Wednesday everyone! Not working at school today, but I have WW inventory to take care of.

Ran out early this morning for a chiropractic appointment, quick grocery and Staples stop, bank, post office, etc. Then home to make a batch of homemade applesauce to go with dinner.

I've had lunch and it is time to get that inventory taken care of so it doesn't continue to hang over my head!

I'll pop on again later!........................P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter