• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WISH Away The Pounds ~ Achieving in April ~ All are WELCOME!

Afternoon everyone! I'm so glad that you were all able to list a few positive things about yourselves. It is so important that we remember that we have so many good things about us....our weight issues can stop us from seeing all of that good stuff!

Well, tomorrow morning I leave for Boston for my training to be an official Weight Watchers Leader! That being said, I still need to get a :thumbsup2 at the end of the training, and of course that means there is the possibility of a thumbs DOWN as well. :sad2:Needless to say I am NERVOUS! I was totally having a gurgly belly today and couldn't figure out why until DD asked if it could be from nerves and I realized she was totally right!

I've got a great outfit picked out for each day, so hopefully that will give me a little boost of confidence.::yes::

I will try to pop on in the morning after my exercise time! Not sure if there is a coach scheduled to start tomorrow or not. I'll have to check page one. TTYL..........P

Good Luck and extra pixie dust for a :thumbsup2 ! as the others have said you are motivation here on screen so I can only imainge how great you are in person!

The coaching schedule is open, so I'll post a QOTD for today.

QOTD for Friday, April, 26, 2013:

What makes YOU nervous? Meeting new people? Trying something new? Driving in a strange city? How do you get past the feeling?

ALL of the above make me nervous! I just do it - I have figured even though it makes me want to die inside that the most someone is ever going to do is NOT like you, big whoop, when you are meeting new people.. as for trying new things - my weight has held me back and now that its going bye bye I am trying and doing new stuff.. Driving in a strange city - as a single Mom for 10 yrs with kids in sports you just have no choice and hope for the best when you are just not that good with directions LOL .. I just push thru and get on with it.. sometimes I feel like this :crazy2: and sometimes I feel like :woohoo: HAAA .. great question - thanks for filling in today

Still here. :) I accidentally went to power yoga instead of gentle yoga yesterday. I was so tired at the end and couldn't figure out why--until I realized I was in the wrong class.:rotfl: The dog continues to sleep only sporadically. He is up to about 5 hours at a time, so I guess it's an improvement. I have a half marathon this weekend, which is going to be ugly. But I am going to finish it and then seriously re-evaluate some of my fitness goals. I did have a massage for my back and while I feel very beat up (it was painful a couple of times--but in this case that's a good thing) I am moving a little better today.

Good luck Rose with both the race and the Pooper!

Afternoon everyone! I'm so glad that you were all able to list a few positive things about yourselves. It is so important that we remember that we have so many good things about us....our weight issues can stop us from seeing all of that good stuff!

Well, tomorrow morning I leave for Boston for my training to be an official Weight Watchers Leader! That being said, I still need to get a :thumbsup2 at the end of the training, and of course that means there is the possibility of a thumbs DOWN as well. :sad2:Needless to say I am NERVOUS! I was totally having a gurgly belly today and couldn't figure out why until DD asked if it could be from nerves and I realized she was totally right!

YOU'RE nervous?? :eek: If only those WW people saw how motivating and encouraging you are here, they would have made you a leader a long time ago! Don't sweat it chica, you will blow them all away! :cool1:

What makes YOU nervous? Meeting new people? Trying something new? Driving in a strange city? How do you get past the feeling?

Being around wealthy people. Not that it's a common occurrence by any means, but whenever my non-profit group does events with groups like the Miami Heat, I always get fidgety and tongue-tied and feel like the world's biggest dork.:sad2: I have no idea why, I just start noticing how non-designer, non-bling, and temporarily non-confident I am. And since I'm the public relations coordinator for the group, that is a BAD thing!:eek: Once I get the idea back in my head that it's my job to schmooze these people and hopefully get them to open their wallets, I regroup and get back to it, albeit still not at my usual level of confidence. Small talk is a concept that is SO far beyond my comprehension and something that is such a huge element to PR!!:scared:

Been MIA a few days with a bug. I think it is getting better finally. :scared:

Liz, I'm glad you had a great time on vacation and congratulations to you and your DH for taking on the Dopey challenge! You go, girl! :yay:

Amanda, thanks for hostessing this month! :flower3:

Pamela, good luck on your training! I'm sure you will do a great job! :thumbsup2 And you are going to WDW! That will be so much fun with your DD before she begins her college adventure.

Rose, good luck at the Derby Half this week-end! :goodvibes

Thanks for filling in the coaching today and all week, Pamela! :flower3:

I still get the heebie jeebies when I go to court -- you would think about more than 20 years it would get easier, but nope. :rotfl: I just fake it 'til I make it, baby! :cool2: That works for a lot of things!

Have a great day and finish strong!

Good luck Pamela! Though you do not need it! :goodvibes You are going to be awesome!

Love this question. Loved reading everyone's replies. Honestly, everything makes me nervous--though I am getting a little better. The funny thing is, I did not used to be like this. A combination of events really threw me for a loop about 20 years ago, and I don't know what happened. Then the brain fog and the inability to get out a sentence for a while there didn't help. I think the worst thing about being so nervous is that people mistakenly think you are a snob and aloof. When really you are just anxious. I am trying harder to not let my anxiousness run my life. :)

Hope everyone is having a good Friday. The dog kind of slept--about 5.5 hours. So I am having a little chip binge and then I'm taking a nap. I did run two miles and go to yoga. Yep, just a little (haha) nervous about the race tomorrow. I just want to finish without a new injury or a ton of pain. I am determined to re-commit next week to healthy choices. :)

Pluto--how is cross fit? Have you started?

Lisa--glad you are feeling better. :)

Love this question. Loved reading everyone's replies. Honestly, everything makes me nervous--though I am getting a little better. The funny thing is, I did not used to be like this. A combination of events really threw me for a loop about 20 years ago, and I don't know what happened. Then the brain fog and the inability to get out a sentence for a while there didn't help. I think the worst thing about being so nervous is that people mistakenly think you are a snob and aloof. When really you are just anxious. I am trying harder to not let my anxiousness run my life. :)

Hope everyone is having a good Friday. The dog kind of slept--about 5.5 hours. So I am having a little chip binge and then I'm taking a nap. I did run two miles and go to yoga. Yep, just a little (haha) nervous about the race tomorrow. I just want to finish without a new injury or a ton of pain. I am determined to re-commit next week to healthy choices. :)

Pluto--how is cross fit? Have you started?

Rose-I know what you mean about people thinking you're a snob. If they only knew it was all about anxiety and shyness!:eek:

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you tomorrow. They were talking about it on the news last night due to the increased security at these types of events. They've started the Mercedez Benz Corporate Series down here and this week's 5k was in Miami. They asked all of the runners to not bring anything - backpacks, duffle bags, etc.

Did you look in to the calming herbs for the pooch?:confused3

I go to my first CrossFit class tonight and I'm excited about it. :banana: The DH was actually going to go with me, but now he came down with the same bug I had a couple of weeks ago. AND he may have strep on top of it!:scared1: I'll let you know how it goes.

Going back to the chiro today, whom I haven't seen in forever. Hoping maybe she can perform an IT miracle!pixiedust: Have a great weekend everybody!:love:

but I did just get some new Mary Kay stuff that I'm hoping will be exactly what I'm looking for.

My Mom sold Mary Kay and the mascara is really good.
I miss that and that angel fire perfume.

Seeing my friend after not seeing him for a few days. It goes away as soon as I'm around him. The first little while though I act kid of standoffish and put off. Lol. Have to keep some dignity y'know. Don't even try to figure it out--it's a very weird relationship.

I'm up a few pounds. It's a few days before my period so I'm sure that's something to do with it but not working out all week last week probably had something to do with it as well. I also haven't been on track with eating very well-- eating healthy, but eating Alot of healthy lol.

My daughter finally left her boyfriend. I'm confident it's for sure this time, she's with friends so that's really good. The kittens are flipping adorable--so tiny but fully functioning kittens at this point. Hazy even went potty in the litterbox yesterday, finally decided it was for something other than eating...Misty is learning to accept the other cats around them, I've had to be firm with her and tell her no, even had to get the spray bottle involved but is definitely better. I felt bad because it's just natural instinct but she takes it too far and I'm afraid they won't socialize with the other cats because of it.

Well-- better go if I'm gonna do it at all today. TTFN

Rose-I know what you mean about people thinking you're a snob. If they only knew it was all about anxiety and shyness!:eek:

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you tomorrow. They were talking about it on the news last night due to the increased security at these types of events. They've started the Mercedez Benz Corporate Series down here and this week's 5k was in Miami. They asked all of the runners to not bring anything - backpacks, duffle bags, etc.

Did you look in to the calming herbs for the pooch?:confused3

I go to my first CrossFit class tonight and I'm excited about it. :banana: The DH was actually going to go with me, but now he came down with the same bug I had a couple of weeks ago. AND he may have strep on top of it!:scared1: I'll let you know how it goes.

Going back to the chiro today, whom I haven't seen in forever. Hoping maybe she can perform an IT miracle!pixiedust: Have a great weekend everybody!:love:

Thanks! There was actually a sign up last night at the front of the expo saying absolutely no bags on the course except camelbacks and that bag check was still going to happen, but it is at a location away from the course. It is a little unnerving, but part of the reason I decided to go ahead and do the race despite the fact that I am grossly undertrained, is that we need to do things despite our fears and we need to show that the bad guys don't win.

The vet gave us a supplement that is supposed to be a natural calming kind of thing, but I'm not sure it's working. I need to pull up the link you posted again.

Hope your dh is feeling better.

I recommend a deep tissue massage. I felt bruised (still do) but I have a much greater range of motion. I go back in about 10 days for more torture. :)

Have fun at the class!

Thanks! There was actually a sign up last night at the front of the expo saying absolutely no bags on the course except camelbacks and that bag check was still going to happen, but it is at a location away from the course. It is a little unnerving, but part of the reason I decided to go ahead and do the race despite the fact that I am grossly undertrained, is that we need to do things despite our fears and we need to show that the bad guys don't win.

The vet gave us a supplement that is supposed to be a natural calming kind of thing, but I'm not sure it's working. I need to pull up the link you posted again.

Hope your dh is feeling better.

I recommend a deep tissue massage. I felt bruised (still do) but I have a much greater range of motion. I go back in about 10 days for more torture. :)

Have fun at the class!

As the DH would say, if all else fails, try a little Crown. As in Royal. May be just what the pooper needs!:lmao::rotfl2:

The doctor put him on those blasted antibiotics, but if he does have strep I guess it's all you can do. Thanks for the well wishes though! :goodvibes

I've been thinking about the massage thing as well. Now if I could just build another 3 hours into my day.....:rolleyes1

What makes YOU nervous? Meeting new people? Trying something new? Driving in a strange city? How do you get past the feeling?[/QUOTE]

Waiting for exam results makes me really nervous (last one due by 17th May!!) and also having a meeting with a director at work put into my outlook diary with no subject!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys...it has been great catching up over the past few days :)
Things have been kinda status quo here
Wrist is ssslllooowwlllyyy getting better. The swelling is pretty much gone but I still only have about 20% function of my hand and wrist :(

On a brighter note....5 days till Disney!!!!

When we get back I have an appt with a trainer to help me figure out how to get back on track with the limited motion I have...I am really hoping they can come up with something as I feel like a slug..

Well, had a loss, just .2 pounds but I will take it kicking and screaming! I did great on eating and diet but afflicted with bloating so will just look forward to a big loss next week. Today is dd's birthday, having two slices og grilled chicken pizza and 1/2 piece of cake, back to the grind tomorrow!

Rose, hope you had a great race today. :goodvibes

Kim, how was your first Crossfit class? Hope the chiro helped you, too. :flower3:

Susan, glad that kitties are all doing well and your DD is in a better situation now! :flower3:

Helen, pixiedust: for great exam results soon!

Jen, so nice to see you! :flower3: You have had one heck of a time with your poor arm. Have a wonderful time at Disney! :tink:

Well, had a loss, just .2 pounds but I will take it kicking and screaming! I did great on eating and diet but afflicted with bloating so will just look forward to a big loss next week. Today is dd's birthday, having two slices og grilled chicken pizza and 1/2 piece of cake, back to the grind tomorrow!

:woohoo: Congrats on a loss!

We have three days left on our challenge -- make good choices and finish strong! :yay:

Well, taken the advice of last weekend to ditch the baggy jeans, so I am now the proud owner of a pair of SKINNY jeans for the first time in my life!!! Also decided it's time to start showing my legs, so bought some fake tan too!!! (They're so white at the moment you wouldn't believe!!)

Went out for lunch today, but still made healthy choices, grilled chicken breast with a baked potato and peas, the 2 massive helpings from the salad bar. I did cave to some blue cheese dressing, but did count the syns and I'm still inside for the week! In fact OH and I are still so stuffed that we don't want any dinner tonight, it's already gone 8:00pm here, so I'm sure not cooking now!!

We stopped off at Makro (Kinda like CostCo) on the way home and I got 2.6kg of fresh chicken breast for £10.49......really good price. Guess we'll be having chicken a lot this coming week!!!! I've frozen some, but am going to do a salad with buffalo chicken tomorrow.......managed to lay my hands on a bottle of Franks Wing Sauce too.

Hope you're all having a good weekend......I'm hoping to wake in the morning in time to go for a walk/possible jog in the local park. Only cloud on the diet horizon at the moment is that our friends just got back from Fort Myers and have brought us a massive box of Cheez-Its (which are my absolute favourite American snack).........I'm afraid to open them because once I start eating, I don't think I'll stop until theyre gone.....I calculated the syns....97 in the whole box and I'm only allowed 105 a week!!!!!

I had a great race today! It was my second slowest time ever, but all in all I felt really good about it. The weather was great (50s and overcast). I had been doing walk breaks, but had decided to just run this one nice and slow and steady without the breaks and see how it went. I did walk at the water stops--otherwise I tend to get water up my nose. haha. Anyhow, at the half way point we were averaging an 11:28 mile and ended up with an overall average of ~11:19 mile. We passed so many people during the last mile which was nice for a change. :)

I have not felt good about a race in so long. I seriously thought this might be it for me. It was really great to just run and not worry about the beeps for walk breaks, or getting a pr, etc. I do feel a bit beat up and my itband was talking at the end, but all in all feeling pretty good. I think getting that massage last week was the best thing I have done in so long. I go back in about a week for another one. Hopefully the back will cooperate this week.

The vet told us to try benadryl for the dog tonight. Then if that doesn't work they are going to give us a prescription for something.

Tomorrow the plan is to meal plan and get back on track. :)

Have a great Saturday!

Good afternoon everyone! I missed the last couple days because of being crazy busy. I've been doing so much planning and IEPs and midterm grades at work that I've barely had time to look at anything else. DSs have a new schedule with soccer and it's keeping us busy. DS6 has games every Saturday at 10:30 and DS9 has games at noon. So, we spent 3 hours at the soccer fields today. At least it was 70 degrees :) I did some grocery shopping also today. I bought lots of veggies and fruits.

I'm glad to see everyone is still chugging along. Pamela~Whoohoo on Disney!!! I'm sure it'll be a great way to spend some time with DD before she's off to college. Rose~congrats on your half. It doesn't matter how fast or slow you run, at least you're out there doing it! And, congrats to everyone else for all the successes!

Okay, I'm off to get DSs to shower so we can watch a movie tonight. I'll be finalizing my midterms and working on IEP progress reports as well. Enjoy the weekend.

Jill

Good morning! Still no sleep at my house. Everybody is getting a little cranky.

How about a question of the day. :)

This may have been asked and answered, but it is something I need to think about, so please forgive me if it's a repeat.

QOTD Sunday, April 28
What has been your biggest challenge this month (year) in terms of reaching your goals and how do you plan to address it in May?

Helen--that's crazy about the cheez-its!

QOTD: Hardest thing was just getting an official starting date to reach goal, kept putting it off..birthdays, travel, holidays, everything seemed to sabotage it, even sickness...For May I am battling a lot of travel so I have to make sure I get my exercise in on those 8 hour driving days and choose the right foods....I have found almonds are a good option for me, I just can't eat through them like I can cashews or peanuts!

Do we weigh on April 30th or May 1st? I set my goals to go April 6 to May 6 because I started officially on the 6th of April...if the thread is still 'live' by May 6th I'd love to report my loss then! :)

Rough day yesterday! Have not had menstrual cramps that bad since I was 15...I have gone 4 days without a Diet Dr. Pepper...that is probably the hardest challenge for May with all that travel, I rely on DDP caffeine to keep me driving!!

Let's hope everyone makes these last three days of April a losing adventure!!

QOTD......my hardest challenge is still to come!!! On 30th May I go away to a conference for a week. I am in a hotel with no cooking facilities, and breakfast and dinner each day are provided..I have to sort my own lunch. I'm already stressing about what healthy choices I'll be able to make.......breakfast will be a full english (sausage, bacon, eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes, toast) and the evening meals are 3 course. I am truly expecting to put on about 7lbs in the week as there are no low fat options available. No fridge in my room either, so I can't take any yoghurts or anything with me.

There are also 2 parties I must attend during the week, which will both involve food and alcohol (although I have no problem saying no to that). I'm hoping that, as the location is in Plymouth, Devon I'll be able to fit in some walking/jogging along the coast early in the morning as I'm generally up for about 6:00 when I'm away from home.

Just got to do the best I can with what I'm given that week....I'm going on the train, so no prospect of taking much with me, it's bad enough coping with a weeks worth of clothes and shoes on my own, let along food too. I'm hoping I can buy some fruit every couple of days to help with my snack attacks!!!!

QOTD--my biggest challenge--myself and my lack of consistency. I set myself up for failure by not planning ahead. If I have a plan, I usually do pretty well. No plan, not so good. That's when the stress eating, etc kind of takes over.

We have not let the dog sleep at all today. He is exhausted. Sounds cruel, but the vet said she thinks his clock needs reset, so we have made sure he has stayed awake all day. Fingers crossed it works. I really need some sleep.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter