winter

Misty89

DIS Veteran
wondering about the temps and weather. in january? - anything has to be better than WI in january , but i wanted to check that also...

#2, ..will the campground have limitations of thier events? - do they shut anything down in the "off seasons"?

thanks

Tina

We went in February (1st week) this year - temps in the mid to upper 70's, sunny, great if you're from the frozen north. Our usual FW time is November, also off season. Park hours are shorter, but so are the lines. Regular programs at FW are in session, but Back Yard Bar B Que may not be in January when you are there. Only one of the water parks will be in operation. We are willing to put up with the limited hours since the crowds are way down.::MickeyMo

Before we went in late January, we took everybody's advice and packed for layers. We mostly wore light jackets or sweatshirts over long-sleeved T-shirts. It was definitely brisk out at 7:30 a.m. waiting for that ferry to MK! However, the items we found we needed the most were those rain ponchos. It rained a LOT during our stay! But it beat off even more crowds! Touring was awesome!! :jester:

BTW, the day we left, Sunday, got quite warm. My mother embarrassed the heck out of me in Toontown in line for Goofy's Barnstormer of all things by taking off an undershirt from UNDER her sweatshirt, a la Flashdance or something, LOL! It, um, worked out, but I think that's the first time in about 25 years that a parent has prompted me to at least momentarily act like I was with another group, ha-- :rolleyes:

This past January seemed colder than previous years. We actually had to run out and buy the kids some sweatshirts so they'd be warm standing outside in the morning waiting for the school bus. Just a little bit chilly for the usual t-shirt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter