"Winter Thaw" package no longer available?!?!

jxh1

Supreme God of All Things Disney!
I was just on the Disney website looking to see what kind of deals are available, when I clicked on their "Winter Thaw" rates it says they are no longer available even though you are supposed to be able to book then up through today (12/23). I'm assuming this means that they probably are sold out of those rates or did someone just hit a switch a few hours too early? I wasn't looking to book today, but I would have liked to have seen what was available in case I decided too.

Today was the deadline.

basically, you could get a deluxe at AKL or WL for like 109.00 or something around that. I booked a courtyard view for 169.00/night at the WL.

Sorry you missed it. :(

Yes I tried to look today too, in case I wanted something for early Feb., and by 2:30pm eastern on the 23rd they were already saying it wasn't available. I don't know if that meant that you had to book by the 22nd or what, but when it says book by the 23rd I assumed you were supposed to be able to book "through" the 23rd, and not "through" the 22nd. Disney sometimes seems to play these semantics games in their bookings, with book-by dates and cancellation requirements (let's not start another thread on whether it's cancel by 5 days before or 6 days before LOL). I kind of wish they would be clearer about it or just have one rule and stick with it or something LOL.

I made a reservation today for the WL on January 22nd. I called CRO and used one of the codes.

Thanks for your responses. I wasn't 100% sure that I was going to book one of those rooms yesterday, and it's probably my fault for not looking at them sooner, but I was under the same impression that when something says it is good until a certain date that it INCLUDED that date. I sent an email to Disney questioning this but I have yet to hear back. When I went back a little later in the day, all the information about the deals was totally taken off the official Disney website. It would seem to me that with all the problems they are having getting people to stay at their resorts, they'd not yank offers before the deadline, but then again I'm, not them.

I don't know if it helps but the AP rate are still dirt cheap. AS $49
Mods $79 AKL $109

Spring Dreammaker package is out for DC members, and if everything stays the same as normal, there will be new codes out soon to take the place of the winter packages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter