• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Winter 2020 Strategies

Shelby Schroepfer

*Never Grow Up*
This will be our 5th annual trip, so while we're not newbies, we still LOVE getting advice and experiences from others. We are tossing around 3 different 9 night weeks. Some of the reasons for these weeks are chance of free dining, Christmas-time (only experience once), slow-ish season (1st week of dec in 2018 was AMAZING!), and cheaper prices when it comes to value rooms. Here are our weeks.

Nov 8-17th- this ends up being the cheapest room rate (128$), I knew it's the tail end of Jersey week and Veteren's Day but given past free dining offers we think our chances are good here

Nov 29-Dec 8th- not the best chances at scoring free dining looking at past dates, but more Christmas decor post Thanksgiving

Dec 1-Dec 10th- again not the best chances at free dining but seemed to be a pretty "low" time when we went this week in 2018. BUT we got caught in a cold snap and that SUCKED.

Just out of personal preference, which week would you choose and why? Also flight prices play into this but it's too soon to get a good idea of them. And yes I know free dining isn't "free" and not guaranteed. We usually book ahead of time and then if we decide to get it, add it after the fact. It doesn't determine if we go or not. THANKS!!!!

If I wanted warmer weather and the tail end of Food & Wine, I'd pick the November dates.

If I was looking for Christmas decorations, perhaps a MVMCP event, then I'd go either of the 2nd set of dates.

I think it just depends on what the goal of your trip is. I've been both early November and the beginning of December and enjoyed both trips but they felt very different.

If I wanted warmer weather and the tail end of Food & Wine, I'd pick the November dates.

If I was looking for Christmas decorations, perhaps a MVMCP event, then I'd go either of the 2nd set of dates.

I think it just depends on what the goal of your trip is. I've been both early November and the beginning of December and enjoyed both trips but they felt very different.
we do LOVE food and wine, thats another notch in the first week!

welp BOOKED. the first week the 8th-17th. Didn't wanna risk losing a room cause there was not a lot of availability! If something huge comes up we can always change! That's what I love about booking through disney

welp BOOKED. the first week the 8th-17th. Didn't wanna risk losing a room cause there was not a lot of availability! If something huge comes up we can always change! That's what I love about booking through disney
congrats on booking! I think you made a good choice in dates!

Glad you booked it - that was the week I was going to recommend. We were there around that time in 2016. The weather was absolutely PERFECT. Gorgeous, sunny (NO rain all week) and warm enough to swim. Only downside of that time of year is the shorter days, so less sunny pool time, but that would be even more true of the later weeks you were considering. The crowds weren't bad at all, and there were quite a few Christmas decorations up already, especially in MK. Christmas parties had already started, if that's something you're interested in. Food and wine was still going on. You're going to have a GREAT week! :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter