Winnie and the adventures of the Hundred Acres woods gang.

PaHunter

Reasonably Knowledgable Individual.
So in February we brought our new to us 2008 Winnebago Tour 40TD home. We have spent countless hours getting ready for this camping season. Our first trip with the new motorcoach will be in mid April, so about 4 weeks away.
unit_photo_202007110339454593743676.jpg

unit_photo_202007110339459593719535.jpg

unit_photo_202007110339555227509519.jpg

giphy.gif

For those whom would care about such things, she has a 400hp Cummins engine mounted in a freightliner chassis, and an Allison transmission. It is a 8.9 liter diesel, carrying 100 gallons of fuel on board. It also has a 8.0KW generator to run everything plumbed straight to the fuel tank. Tires were replaced in 2019, so we have some time with them. House batteries were done this past year. She has some minor work to do, but overall solid.
Freshwater is 103 gals, Black tank is 51 gals and gray tank is 117 gallons. Our on board propane is 31 gals.
It seems very big when it is opened up, and we think it will serve us well.

For those whom would care about such things, she has a 400hp Cummins engine mounted in a freightliner chassis, and an Allison transmission. It is a 8.9 liter diesel, carrying 100 gallons of fuel on board. It also has a 8.0KW generator to run everything plumbed straight to the fuel tank. Tires were replaced in 2019, so we have some time with them. House batteries were done this past year. She has some minor work to do, but overall solid.
Freshwater is 103 gals, Black tank is 51 gals and gray tank is 117 gallons. Our on board propane is 31 gals.
It seems very big when it is opened up, and we think it will serve us well.
I care about such things being the Nerd that I am.....

@PaHunter that sounds great and very similar to ours. That means we can ask you all our questions since you all know we are the people who suck at our own repair and maintenance. We have managed to do a few things but you people make me feel so inferior :).

@PaHunter that sounds great and very similar to ours. That means we can ask you all our questions since you all know we are the people who suck at our own repair and maintenance. We have managed to do a few things but you people make me feel so inferior :).

Well I am learning that is for sure. So far have replaced the bathroom faucet, the kitchen faucet, the rear long LED brake lights, the bedroom overhead lights that were very dim, now you need sunglasses. Trying to figure out how to get the stupid tv off the wall in the living room, so I can hook up or purchase a new one that has HDMI connections.
Also changed the aisle light in bedroom to red, have to do the one in the bathroom, as I need them to match. Also have the new air filter sitting here next to me, and have to change that. Hoping to go out and change my backup camera to a color one. Was hoping to have more done, but the 4 days I was sick last week, kind of slowed me down, a lot. DW did a great job of taking care of me. Another very nice day tomorrow, maybe get the air filter changed while it is warm.

Wow. Congrats! I’m glad it has the Reba seal of approval. I’ll be interested in your thoughts on the 400 Cummins. We have a 400 CAT C-9 and it can feel underpowered at times. Are you going to flat tow a vehicle (like us) or trailer one ( like Joe)?

Wow. Congrats! I’m glad it has the Reba seal of approval. I’ll be interested in your thoughts on the 400 Cummins. We have a 400 CAT C-9 and it can feel underpowered at times. Are you going to flat tow a vehicle (like us) or trailer one ( like Joe)?

We have had some discussion on this and we would like to bring our motorcycle or jeep. The cost of flat towing is up there, and about half a trailer payment. So have considered a 8x16 with a 9990GVWR, that would haul either. Most of the time the motorcycle. We looked at a platform for it, but for 15K, that was out. We only had it out for the about hour ride home on the highway, but seemed to have enough get up and go.
We need to get our propane filled, and get it over the scale, in the next couple of weeks.

How are those things when towing? I just cant imagine. Is it closer to towing a camper, or more akin to just an elongated vehical? Or a bit of both? Im dumb on this. ( and a lot of other stuff im told!) Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter