Winner of Best RESORT in the World and the beginning of WORST attraction in the World!

This is a tough one for me, because I like most things I've experienced, and I don't want to say that something is the worst just because I'm not willing to try it.

So, here's what I've got:
PeopleMover (I know that nobody will agree with me on that one, but ... it's a friggin whiplash machine. If a ride is going to hurt me that much, I want some thrills involved)
It's Tough to Be A Bug (I don't like being assaulted by an attraction)
Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage (It's one of my favorite movies and I found the show incredibly disappointing)
Journey into Imagination with Figment (I don't think I need to explain this one)
Great Movie Ride (I like to call this my 20 minute nap)

Stitch's Great Escape
Mission Space (gives me a horrible headache)
It's Tough to be a Bug
Ellen's Energy thing
Tomorrowland Speedway

(and I don't hate these....just my LEAST favorite)

Stitch- haven't gone it in years ... Once was enough

Ellen- it's just boring

Rockets on top of people mover- I always feel like I'm going to fall out with the way they are positioned.

The cars at MK- my kids love it, but I have to do the pedal, the vibration makes my butt go numb, my foot is aching by pushing down the petal, the smell of the gas is nauseating and I'm sure there is a big hole in the ozone directly above this attraction.

Fantasmic- I finally got around to seeing it, was all excited and was totally let down. I don't understand people's fascination with it. It seems jumbled and just thrown together with whatever extras they had laying in the back.

Ellens Energy Adventure: I love the idea... but it is WAAAAAAY too long.

Primeval Whirl: Ugh.

Ellen's Energy Adventure
Stitch
The Great Movie Ride
Test Track

and my absolute least favorite is:
POC
(I know, I know...but I get all depressed thinking of the women who were reduced to prostitution, I worry about the guys in jail with the fire..will they get out? I worry MORE about the dog! Get out! Get out Spot! I even have deep philosophical thoughts about man's inhumanity to man...this ride is TOO LONG FOR MY NEUROTIC SELF!)
If it's too long at WDW you shouldn't ride it at Disneyland it's even longer there lol.

Another surprise I am seeing on people's lists is star tours. I mean I understand if you don't like simulators but what else is wrong with it?

Another surprise I am seeing on people's lists is star tours. I mean I understand if you don't like simulators but what else is wrong with it?
Like I said - back when I could still do it, it (and Body Wars) were WAY too rough - just NOT enjoyable to me at all, and would come out of there sore, which could last a day or 2 afterwards. Just not my personal idea of "fun". Haven't been able to do it in 18 years now, and that's okay with me. :)

Last edited:
Like I said - back when I could still do it, it (and Body Wars) were WAY too rough - just NOT enjoyable to me at all, and would come out of there sore, which could last a day or 2 afterwards. Just not my personal idea of "fun". Haven't been able to do it in 18 years now, and that's okay with me. :)
See now that I'm ok with. If you physically can't do it but for those who can I think it's a decent ride definitely not one of Disney's worst.

See now that I'm ok with. If you physically can't do it but for those who can I think it's a decent ride definitely not one of Disney's worst.
However - would not do it, even if I still could....too much like legal physical torture to me. :)

The one that is showing up a lot that's really surprising to me is Fantasmic. It's not the greatest show but wow I don't think it's bad enough to be on this list.

I'm surprised too - I love that show. Especially when the boat comes out with all the characters and Steamboat Willie is driving it, etc.

I'm surprised too - I love that show. Especially when the boat comes out with all the characters and Steamboat Willie is driving it, etc.
Totally agree, Ryan and Phil - about the tons of characters (and little seen ones at that!) on the boat at the end. And.....can I just say "SORCERER MICKEY?".

I guess that's why people can have differing opinions. More than any other topic, I think this is the most widely spread in terms of "I love ride X" "oh no, ride X is terrible"
I love thrill rides and there isn't a single ride at WDW that I went on that I would consider a proper thrill ride, yet some people wouldn't step foot on Everest because it's far too thrilling for them. It's just a matter of perspective and opinion

I guess that's why people can have differing opinions. More than any other topic, I think this is the most widely spread in terms of "I love ride X" "oh no, ride X is terrible"
I love thrill rides and there isn't a single ride at WDW that I went on that I would consider a proper thrill ride, yet some people wouldn't step foot on Everest because it's far too thrilling for them. It's just a matter of perspective and opinion

Yup, and opinions are like belly buttons, everybody's got one .... mine just looks better than others ;)

Yeah, I definitely try to be as OBJECTIVE as I can when voting, especially when it comes to rides/things I CAN'T do. Or even the resorts, etc. Something may not personally appeal to ME, or I can't do it - but - if I can still see the details, theming, whatever in a resort, attraction, etc., I try to be as objective about it as I possibly can, figuring "different strokes for different folks". Which again speaks to the fact I don't think anybody is saying things are "bad" or need to "go away", or be closed down - at least not by me - unless those thoughts are verbalized.

I love thrill rides and there isn't a single ride at WDW that I went on that I would consider a proper thrill ride, yet some people wouldn't step foot on Everest because it's far too thrilling for them.
Could I love you any more?

Disney has rides that are "thrill rides" for a family-oriented park. I think Everest and Rockin Rollercoaster are probably the most thrilling. Dinosaur is somewhat intense, too. But it doesn't have coasters with 90+ degree drops at 75mph (or whatever that is in metric) or multiple inversions and high G forces that suck the wind right out of your lungs. For that stuff you need to go to a good amusement park like Hershey or Cedar Point or Six Flags.

Still, I do love the Disney thrill rides for the theming and backstory. I think that really makes them special even if the ride itself is on the tamer side for a thrill ride.

Could I love you any more?
Probably not. I'm fairly lovable (and also hate-able depending on who you're asking. See!! Opinions, they're like... Well, a piece of human anatomy: we all have them!

Disney has rides that are "thrill rides" for a family-oriented park. I think Everest and Rockin Rollercoaster are probably the most thrilling. Dinosaur is somewhat intense, too. But it doesn't have coasters with 90+ degree drops at 75mph (or whatever that is in metric) or multiple inversions and high G forces that suck the wind right out of your lungs. For that stuff you need to go to a good amusement park like Hershey or Cedar Point or Six Flags.

Still, I do love the Disney thrill rides for the theming and backstory. I think that really makes them special even if the ride itself is on the tamer side for a thrill ride.
Yeah for sure. I still love WDW, but for me, none of their thrill rides even compare to UOR. Dueling dragons/hulk, they're both far and above more thrilling than EE or RnR

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter