Wine & Dine 1/2 marathon weekend 2021

Question about shopping at the Expo - by any chance, did they use the mobile check-out at the W&D Expo? I'm doing Marathon Weekend next month and it would make my day, month, and rest of the year to hear that they are. I still have nightmares of waiting and waiting and waiting to check out from the 2020 Princess Expo.
I watched a YT video of the expo walk through (so I have some idea of what i'll be seeing next month) for W&D and they were very excitedly discussing the mobile check-out option and how to use it at the expo. So to answer your question, YES.

I watched a YT video of the expo walk through (so I have some idea of what i'll be seeing next month) for W&D and they were very excitedly discussing the mobile check-out option and how to use it at the expo. So to answer your question, YES.

Awesome news! When they first introduced it in the parks, my first thought was "OMG, they have to use this at the Expos." But then I didn't hear anyone raving about it on the thread so I was worried that it was still in the "testing" phase.

I'll add that we used it and it worked well. We bought wine glasses and they had tissue paper out for wrapping them.

Yes they did though at least when we went into that area it was a 30 min wait to get into the room with the merchandise but preorder pick up and check out had no lines

I don't know if this has already been discussed, but what were the lines like to take pictures with characters during the half marathon? I appreciate any feedback because I'm trying to figure out how many pictures that I could possibly stop for during the marathon next month and how much I will have to prioritize different picture opportunities. Like Baymax, I am not fast. Based upon a half marathon in August, I'd be finishing up at 4:35 without any pictures so the information would be helpful and greatly appreciated.

You don’t need to worry. You can stop for as many pictures as you like, and you’ll still finish well ahead of the balloon ladies, if you can complete the distance in 4:35. Most lines move quickly. I’m much slower than that, and have stopped for tons of pictures and ridden EE during the marathon, without ever being close to getting caught by balloon ladies. Relax and enjoy the experience!

Question about shopping at the Expo - by any chance, did they use the mobile check-out at the W&D Expo? I'm doing Marathon Weekend next month and it would make my day, month, and rest of the year to hear that they are. I still have nightmares of waiting and waiting and waiting to check out from the 2020 Princess Expo.

I know this was already answered - but I just wanted to add that I used it and it was one of the most amazing things ever! Life changing almost!!

Just curious, when does registration typically open up for W&D? Tentatively planning on running it but need to work out the timing of when I need to make reservations etc.

I got my medal and shirt for the virtual 5K today, but not my challenge bundle 🤨🤨 Must be because I registered at totally different times? The package came UPS, but I never got notified by UPS that a package was on the way. Oh well, it just adds an element of surprise
Same for me. I got my 5K a while back, but still waiting on the Challenge stuff. Did you (or anyone else) ever receive yours? Thanks in advance!

Same for me. I got my 5K a while back, but still waiting on the Challenge stuff. Did you (or anyone else) ever receive yours? Thanks in advance!
Not yet. Glad to know it’s not just me. Did you register for everything at the same time?

Not yet. Glad to know it’s not just me. Did you register for everything at the same time?
Yes, I registered for everything at the same time. I, too, am glad to know it's not just me. My Evil Queen is lonely . . .

Does the Wine and Dine Half staging area always start at the TTC parking lots? And, if that’s the case, is it possible to just walk over there from one of the monorail resorts (GF, Poly, Bay Lake) in the morning?

Does the Wine and Dine Half staging area always start at the TTC parking lots? And, if that’s the case, is it possible to just walk over there from one of the monorail resorts (GF, Poly, Bay Lake) in the morning?
It’s started there since 2017 (16 was WWoS for half and Epcot for 10K i think pre 16 when half was at night it also started at WWoS)

Happy holidays everyone!

Santa was not able to work his Christmas magic to hurry along virtual W&D challenge packages yet for DH and myself. The 5K packages arrived Dec. 14th.

Sent an email to runDisney today inquiring into status and will let you know if I receive a reply. Anticipate a delay in response time with Marathon Weekend ready to kick off next week.

Appreciate any updates if others have any information to share. Until then, happy magical miles to everyone, and especially for those partaking in Marathon Weekend, either virtually (like us!) or in-person. Be safe out there!

To those that've gone, how is the post-race party at EPCOT? Tentatively got my wife to agree to go based on the after party. We were at an after-hours event at MK this year (Very Merriest) and loved it. Enjoyed the lower crowds and lower wait times. For us EPCOT's about vibes and I see there aren't many rides/attractions even open, but how are crowds generally? Is it a pleasant experience?

Were there PP photographers for the giant numbers for the race distances at the expo? Or should we expect to just take these ourselves? Planning ahead for MW...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter