Wine & Dine 1/2 marathon weekend 2021

Ok. This is a long shot, but I figured I'd ask. My cat broke my wine and dine half marathon wine glass that I bought that weekend. I tried googling to find another one but couldn't. Does anyone have an extra or has seen them somewhere? TIA

Did anyone stay at the new JW Marriott during Wine and Dine?? If so, what was your experience with transportation to parks and possibly races?

I am contemplating staying there for Princess weekend and trying to see if the logistics make sense. Figured would need to take a ride share on race mornings which is ok, but wondering if shuttles to parks were timed well?

Did anyone stay at the new JW Marriott during Wine and Dine?? If so, what was your experience with transportation to parks and possibly races?

I am contemplating staying there for Princess weekend and trying to see if the logistics make sense. Figured would need to take a ride share on race mornings which is ok, but wondering if shuttles to parks were timed well?
I stayed just down the road from there, at the Orlando World Center Marriott, and ran all 3 races at W&D. (There was no hotel-provided race transportation, and I didn't have a car there.)

For the races, I wanted to minimize the chances for potential problems (the ride-share driver dealing with road closures, not knowing the right drop-off points, etc.), so to be safe each morning I caught an Uber or Lyft to the Riviera (physically the first Disney resort between my hotel and the races), then rode the runDisney bus from the Riviera to the races. I had no trouble getting rides even at 3:00-3:15am, it was inexpensive and quick to get to the Riviera, and from there I could relax knowing that the bus would get me where I needed to be. (The reverse worked fine after the races as well.)

For visiting the parks, the Marriott shuttle was a disappointment. It didn't run that frequently, and the hours were limited. We ended up using ride-share instead. I'm not sure if the JW Marriott shares that shuttle or has their own though.

Hello, runDisney friends! Curious to know if anyone here registered for the Virtual races?

Haven't heard anything about shipping of shirts and medals following the races and wondering if anyone has any updates? Imagine they too are impacted by supply chain issues, but thought I'd check with this group.

Thanks!

Hello, runDisney friends! Curious to know if anyone here registered for the Virtual races?

Haven't heard anything about shipping of shirts and medals following the races and wondering if anyone has any updates? Imagine they too are impacted by supply chain issues, but thought I'd check with this group.

Thanks!
Not that this helps too much, but I just looked up when I received my MW virtual box from this year. It looks like it was out for delivery 32 days after the day the marathon should have happened. I did get a myUPS notification prior to that. So based on that timeline, it should be any day - but of course like you said… supply chain could be affecting it. We did not receive our medals at a marathon I did a couple weeks ago because they are stuck on a ship/container.

Thanks!
In the racing policies, it says “Medals will be shipped at the conclusion of the event completion timeframe.” I interpret that as at the end of the time they gave us to submit our times, if we wanted to do that, even though submitting our virtual times has absolutely no bearing on receiving our rewards. I think we had until Thanksgiving weekend to submit our times?

In the racing policies, it says “Medals will be shipped at the conclusion of the event completion timeframe.” I interpret that as at the end of the time they gave us to submit our times, if we wanted to do that, even though submitting our virtual times has absolutely no bearing on receiving our rewards. I think we had until Thanksgiving weekend to submit our times?

I noticed when checking my account this morning that the opportunity to enter results for Virtual Wine and Dine 2021 has closed. It was a friendly reminder that I still haven't submitted times for Star Wars Virtual 2021, which is oddly still open and available to do. 🤷‍♀️

I’ve only seen one person on FB post about getting their stuff. And there’s usually a ton of posts about it. So maybe they’re just starting to trickle out at this point.

I pre-ordered the weekend bundle for W&D this year, which included a weekend-specific shoe ornament. At the expo, they said that the ornaments hadn't arrived. They took my information to ship it home. I haven't received it in the mail yet.

Has anyone else received theirs?

I want to add it to the tree! :)
20211204_093843.jpg

I pre-ordered the weekend bundle for W&D this year, which included a weekend-specific shoe ornament. At the expo, they said that the ornaments hadn't arrived. They took my information to ship it home. I haven't received it in the mail yet.

Has anyone else received theirs?

I want to add it to the tree! :)
View attachment 629237
I know they had generic RunDisney shoes at the expo but not race specific as that’s what we got

I got my medal and shirt for the virtual 5K today, but not my challenge bundle 🤨🤨 Must be because I registered at totally different times? The package came UPS, but I never got notified by UPS that a package was on the way. Oh well, it just adds an element of surprise

Question about shopping at the Expo - by any chance, did they use the mobile check-out at the W&D Expo? I'm doing Marathon Weekend next month and it would make my day, month, and rest of the year to hear that they are. I still have nightmares of waiting and waiting and waiting to check out from the 2020 Princess Expo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter