Wine & Dine 1/2 marathon weekend 2021

I'm also another happy runner! For the most part, I didn't feel like much changed. It was great to be back and I think runDisney did a great job of making us feel that way. While I didn't stop for any pictures (I did some run by selfies in the 10K) I was pleasantly surprised with the amount and variety of on-course entertainment. I enjoyed the courses. And the smoke bubbles were super cool! Despite my personal challenges of some lingering injuries, I had a great time! It was kind of nice to truck along and not really worry about what my pace was. I found myself very emotional getting close to finishing the half. Maybe it was the return to live races or success despite the challenges, but I was in my feels!

As far as the expo, I thought it was well organized. Getting my bibs was a snap. We waited in a long merch line to get in, but when we got in on Thursday, we had our pick of whatever we wanted. They were having to look for sizes of jackets. I think those went pretty quick.

We stayed at Riverside and I really enjoy that location for race weekend. (We've stayed there for quite a few races.) I like that the food court is open 24/7 because it's attached to the lobby so you can easily make tea or whatever in the morning. The last W&D we stayed at BC and I would agree it's hard to not have access to any kind of food court for race weekend. I had my family with me in 2019 though and they love the pool there so that worked.

The expo I was fine, the 3am bus I was fine but the moment I heard Carissa’s voice I got teary

this cracks me up - because a lot of people tear up at the sound of Carissa! Tears of joy, sorrow or torture all look the same! Hahaha

I still enjoy anyone who stands up there! And I was Really obsessed with her evil Queen dress at the 5k! The sparkle was just perfect!

Anyone else missing a block of photos from the boardwalk area? We’ve got a gap in our lineup, have HS, have Epcot but nothing from the boardwalk photographers.
I know we were in picture as we had one photographer say “ oh, you guys framed that one!!” We tried to create gaps so we wouldn’t get blocked by other runners.

Anyone else missing a block of photos from the boardwalk area? We’ve got a gap in our lineup, have HS, have Epcot but nothing from the boardwalk photographers.
I know we were in picture as we had one photographer say “ oh, you guys framed that one!!” We tried to create gaps so we wouldn’t get blocked by other runners.
Yes! I got one photo, but I felt like there should’ve been more. There was almost no one around me when I went by there, and between the two photographers, I can’t imagine my bib only showed up on one photo…
I’m also wondering about 10k finish line photos. I have one from high up, but none from the multiple photographers there.

Apologies if this has been addressed already and I overlooked it, but any opinions on the race shirts for W&D? I'm interested in the material and make and not so much the artwork as that can be seen. People liked the Champion brand and then it seems as though they went with a different manufacturer a couple years back. Just checking to see what the thoughts were on W&D shirts. thanks

Count me as another happy runner with the shirts! So much better than the scratchy ones from 2019. This picture kind of shows the material.20211113_090145.jpg

It’s always interesting seeing what’s new and what’s changing at WDW, especially as things reopen. I thought I’d pass along a couple of notable observations from the weekend.

Tangierine Cafe has always been one of our favorite Epcot counter service restaurants. Alas, no more. They have completely ditched the shawarma in favor of a completely kebab-based menu. Tragic.

Karamell-Küche has been a snack go-to for caramel popcorn and dark chocolate & sea salt caramels. This time there was something new in the case: a cookie sandwich of soft gingerbread cookies with salted caramel buttercream in between. Wow. I wish I’d tried them before our last day.

No trip to WDW is complete without multiple trips to the Columbia Harbour House for lobster rolls and clam chowder. They’ve added hush puppies as a side item! They’re very good and work better thematically with the menu than the homemade chips they replaced. Excited about a side item, you ask? Yes. Yes, I am.

On the ride front, DW hadn‘t had opportunity to ride Rise of the Resistance and we had planned for her to be at DHS early on Sunday to get a boarding group. We weren’t sure if she’d be able to get on the ride after they dropped the boarding group process. She’s not one to wait in line for an extended time for a ride. She headed in to rope drop DHS just as I got back from running the half and was able to get in with a <30min wait! She’s not a big Star Wars fan, but was wowed by the ride. Definitely a highlight of the trip.

Apologies if this has been addressed already and I overlooked it, but any opinions on the race shirts for W&D? I'm interested in the material and make and not so much the artwork as that can be seen. People liked the Champion brand and then it seems as though they went with a different manufacturer a couple years back. Just checking to see what the thoughts were on W&D shirts. thanks
Liked the shirts as well. Being long sleeved was a great, used them for the 10k and half marathon runs.

Can anyone do a shirt fit / size comparison of these shirts vs Wine and Dine 2019? Or vs the short-sleeved Princess 2021 virtual shirts? (or vs a recent Star Wars race shirt?)

I struggle with choosing a shirt size because recently they keep changing the cut. I'm tall with wide swimmer's shoulders and long arms. The old Champion women's short-sleeved medium always fit perfectly! (The long-sleeved Champion medium arms were always way too short on me)

Trying very hard to get it right for Princess 2022! I know they usually have a shirt swap but last time I tried to swap, it didn't work out (no sizes available despite me waiting around at the expo forever).

Can anyone do a shirt fit / size comparison of these shirts vs Wine and Dine 2019? Or vs the short-sleeved Princess 2021 virtual shirts? (or vs a recent Star Wars race shirt?)

I struggle with choosing a shirt size because recently they keep changing the cut. I'm tall with wide swimmer's shoulders and long arms. The old Champion women's short-sleeved medium always fit perfectly! (The long-sleeved Champion medium arms were always way too short on me)

Trying very hard to get it right for Princess 2022! I know they usually have a shirt swap but last time I tried to swap, it didn't work out (no sizes available despite me waiting around at the expo forever).

If you always had a champions medium before, I would go with a medium in the new shirts. I'm tall also and the 2019 medium wine n dine shirts fit me in the body, but were cut a little shorter than I like and the sleeves were too short, but the new medium long sleeve shirts fit me perfectly. I'm getting a medium in the princess shirts.

If you always had a champions medium before, I would go with a medium in the new shirts. I'm tall also and the 2019 medium wine n dine shirts fit me in the body, but were cut a little shorter than I like and the sleeves were too short, but the new medium long sleeve shirts fit me perfectly. I'm getting a medium in the princess shirts.
yeah, probably a medium. I have a medium in the 2019 and a small from this year and they fit me about the same through the body. The small fits me perfectly but the arm length isn’t something I have to consider. If you need the extra length, the medium should be good.

this cracks me up - because a lot of people tear up at the sound of Carissa! Tears of joy, sorrow or torture all look the same! Hahaha

I still enjoy anyone who stands up there! And I was Really obsessed with her evil Queen dress at the 5k! The sparkle was just perfect!

So true. I'm no necessarily a Carissa fan, but do follow her on Insta. So seeing her back, the normality of it, was cool. But honestly her 5K costume was on point!

Tangierine Cafe has always been one of our favorite Epcot counter service restaurants. Alas, no more. They have completely ditched the shawarma in favor of a completely kebab-based menu. Tragic.

This is my favorite quick serve and I hope it will return to normal once international friends return. I noticed the biggest difference in World Showcase was the international friends working in the area. (Both this past January and in November.)

No trip to WDW is complete without multiple trips to the Columbia Harbour House for lobster rolls and clam chowder. They’ve added hush puppies as a side item! They’re very good and work better thematically with the menu than the homemade chips they replaced. Excited about a side item, you ask? Yes. Yes, I am.

Another fav or fours I didn't get to eat at this trip. But hushpuppies are amazing and so fitting! Can't wait to try them!

I put on some "quarantine weight" I'm working on losing and found the shirts pretty true to size. Normally I get a WL, but with the extra weight, the WXL fits much better. But I seriously gained enough I need a size bigger unfortunately!

Did anyone save the Google Maps data before it disappeared? I don't know why I assumed it would stick around forever....

Is there some specific information you're looking for from the saved google maps?
runDisney created the map, with all routes, water stops, etc., in Google Maps either interactively or by uploading the waypoint data. So when viewing you were able to toggle various items on and off, zoom in, etc. If that source data is downloaded, it can be used to create your own version in Google Maps, and even "fly" the route in Google Earth! That source data is what I'm hoping for, if possible. Thanks!

runDisney created the map, with all routes, water stops, etc., in Google Maps either interactively or by uploading the waypoint data. So when viewing you were able to toggle various items on and off, zoom in, etc. If that source data is downloaded, it can be used to create your own version in Google Maps, and even "fly" the route in Google Earth! That source data is what I'm hoping for, if possible. Thanks!

Bummer. I've tried a few tricks to try and find it different ways and am not coming up with anything.

The closest that I could find was a cached 2019 version from Wayback Machine. Don't know if this will be helpful, or if the routes stayed the same (although will be pretty close)

https://web.archive.org/web/20191005095124/https://guide.rundisney.events/maps/
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewe...&ll=28.37171665866311,-81.56789900000001&z=13

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter