Wine & Dine 1/2 marathon weekend 2021

Congrats to everyone who ran this weekend!

Is there anything that can be done if I left my post-race party tickets at home and forgot to link them to MDE? Is there a place on property that can retrieve them for me?

Thanks in advance!

Congrats to all the runners! I've been watching how things are going this weekend to prepare for marathon weekend. I anticipate S2 starting group for the half. Running 11 minute pace with a friend. Would it be reasonable to have a noon lunch at MK if bus after race to BLT, shower, and walk over to the park?

Congrats to all the runners! I've been watching how things are going this weekend to prepare for marathon weekend. I anticipate S2 starting group for the half. Running 11 minute pace with a friend. Would it be reasonable to have a noon lunch at MK if bus after race to BLT, shower, and walk over to the park?
We got back to the Swan, watched a ton of runners go by, left when we saw the balloon ladies and still had time for shower, drying my hair and a nap. On our way to an 11:30 DS reservation now. I think my friend ran close to an 11 min/mi.

Totally. I was start group 3 and, uh, totally took my time today. We were back at our resort by 10.

Absolutely - I ran a 15 minute mile and was back at my hotel shortly before 10am. Out the door at 10:40 for our 11:30 ADR at DS…with nary a bus in sight lol.

A good run and weekend of events this weekend. Not my best run by any stretch. Had no training since September due to family emergency with my dad who we lost 3 weeks ago and then my moms bday is today who we previously lost. But I finished. So lots of emotion today. It’s a great community here and thankful to all! Looking forward to the party tonight. Soon we’ll start countdown for next year!

Back in the room now after a trip to DHS for lunch and shopping, I thought I’d share with you a cautionary tale and some interactions/comments overheard this weekend that I hope you will find as amusing as I did.

First, the cautionary tale. I headed out to catch the bust to the starting line at 3am this morning. The bus was parked and waiting in its usual spot, so I headed up the steps to settle in for the ride. About halfway up the steps I hear from behind me “Excuse me, sir, but this bus is going to the airport.” Yep, I almost boarded the unmarked DME bus and went to the airport instead of the starting line! It was the right kind of Mears bus and everything. That would’ve been an embarrassing and tragic story!

Funny interactions/comments:
On the bus back from DHS after lunch, a young couple look at my challenge medal (I thought) and he leans forward and asks: “Excuse me, sir, where did y’all get that super-wide lanyard?” They thought it was for pin trading! I explained the race weekend to them…

Heard on the bus back from the 10k course yesterday:
”The course today was super hilly!”

Heard from another runner during the half today just before the DHS entrance:
”Man, that was a @#$@#ing hill!”

Absolutely. I was back to my hotel w plenty of time to stretch, shower, dry my hair, etc for a 955 breakfast reservation. You'll have to walk a little farther than I did but I could have done your plan today no problem.

Anyone else perplexed by how few "I did it!" photo backdrop spots there were at the finish area? The lines were huge!

Yes, I thought it felt like an afterthought. Previously I think there were at least double the number and you did have to walk through them. If I hadn't been wandering around the parking lot trying to cool down I don't know if I even would have seen them.

Anyone else perplexed by how few "I did it!" photo backdrop spots there were at the finish area? The lines were huge!

And for anyone on the edge of their seats wondering about the snack box... chips and fake cheese sauce were in there! 😋

I was annoyed by the fact there were only 4 I did it lines and they had poor lighting at the 5k!! It was just a pita …. They could have at least had 1-2 more without photopass photographers..

and in the past - I thought they were in the shoot immediately after you got your swag.. this time a dark parking lot..

I see the staging area for the start is in the big parking lot next to the Poly. Are you able to walk from Poly/GF if you’re staying at those resorts?

Does Disney post results for the Challenge that show the finishers ranked by Net Time? All I see is alphabetical order.

Couldn’t have asked for a better race! Great weather and though I was little worn out from the 10K and park time, I was ready for an ’A’ race PR attempt.

Well I didn’t get one PR, I got 3!
Best 5K at the split
Best 10K at the split
Best half by 10 minutes!

I‘ll try for an in depth report after the weekend winds down, but just thrilled right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter