Wine & Dine 1/2 marathon weekend 2021

How was the weather for the 5k? DD and I left for home at 6:50 and it was drizzling but we were hoping that was the worst you had!

We are gutted reading that there were actually characters at those photo stops on the 5k! The Evil Queen would have made my year!

You would think, haha! The US races, yes, for sure, but oh my, we were shocked at the Disneyland Paris races that it was like a traditional Meet and Great and took SO long:confused3

Oh wow, really? I've only done the inaugural Paris race and the photo stops were very quick like they are here.

How was the weather for the 5k? DD and I left for home at 6:50 and it was drizzling but we were hoping that was the worst you had!

We are gutted reading that there were actually characters at those photo stops on the 5k! The Evil Queen would have made my year!
Well it didn't do much more than drizzle, but it did that almost the whole race. Hoping the half marathoners tomorrow finally get the good weather!

Hope the half is better weather. Cold wet and windy described the 10k course. Thankfully I brought throw away clothes but I should have packed a jacket for post race. The Mylar blankets did nothing. Joffrey’s coffee truck saved the day. It was great to be back on a rundisney course! The photo pass photographers took some great shots. Pleased with the race but not the weather.

What do they typically have for food purchases at the food tents at the start? I was planning on purchasing a runners box that they usually have available here, but they don’t have any here at POFQ this time…thanks!

Congrats to everyone who did the 5k and 10k! Question-did you have any spectators near the finish line? I want my fam to come but not sure they will get let into the Epcot lot since the guide doesn’t mention much about spectators. Thank you!

Other than the weather I thought today was a great race, lots of photo ops.

Did anyone else notice the 10K medal, Oogie Boogie appears to be glow in the dark! Awesome medal.

Be careful handling the medal, though. The white paint on Jack is easy to scrape off. Mine is missing a good chunk of his tuxedo and I’ve seen reports of his face being scraped up badly.

Congrats to everyone who did the 5k and 10k! Question-did you have any spectators near the finish line? I want my fam to come but not sure they will get let into the Epcot lot since the guide doesn’t mention much about spectators. Thank you!

Definitely spectators at the 5k. I think I saw that spectator buses start running from the resorts to the finish line at 6:00.

A pleasant run this morning! Could not have asked for better racing weather, although those corrals were freezing.

Mini-waves at the start again this morning. I was in S1 wave 1, and it looked like the rest of S1 would go in the next wave (but I'm not sure).

Lots of interstate running as usual, but Animal Kingdom was over a mile. Loved that! Hope everyone had a great race weekend.

A pleasant run this morning! Could not have asked for better racing weather, although those corrals were freezing.

Mini-waves at the start again this morning. I was in S1 wave 1, and it looked like the rest of S1 would go in the next wave (but I'm not sure).

Lots of interstate running as usual, but Animal Kingdom was over a mile. Loved that! Hope everyone had a great race weekend.

The temperature would have been fine without the wind. We haven’t had enough cool weather in NC to reacclimate yet, so the freezing wait in the corrals just led everything to tighten up for me and the wind kept me from getting comfortable on the course once we started. Lots of characters out, though, and overall still a great race.

Such a fun race this morning! I did a better job this year of planning for the corral wait time and wore sweat pants and a light sweatshirt and was actually pretty comfortable. It's always hard to get properly warmed up because you just cool off again waiting around so the first couple of miles were slow while I warmed up again and made a bad choice on a bathroom stop. The line looked short but was not moving very quickly.
When I look at my splits I can tell where my bathroom stops were. I ended up having to make 3. I was maybe a bit too well hydrated. But the last several miles where I was able to run steadily were paced well and my nutrition plan worked well. I was using this as a trial for my next HM.
I had plenty in the tank when I finished and definitely could have pushed the pace more were this my A race. That is good to know.
Got back to the room, showered, rolled and stretched, and am currently sitting in Cape May for breakfast. All in all, an awesome day so far.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter