Wine & Dine 1/2 marathon weekend 2021

$15 e-gift card would have been emailed to address of runDisney account if you are doing challenge or half.
Got mine a little over a week ago, make sure you check spam folder, comes from ‘gift card services’
THANK YOU SO MUCH! I was able to find it when searching for gift card services. I received mine last Friday, in case that helps anyone else looking for theirs.

Apparently there were limits (2) on a lot of the disney merch at the expo? And I'm seeing posts about people who went to pick up their bib last night saying that spirit jerseys were sold out already? Just gauging things for MW because all I really want is a spirit jersey....

Apparently there were limits (2) on a lot of the disney merch at the expo? And I'm seeing posts about people who went to pick up their bib last night saying that spirit jerseys were sold out already? Just gauging things for MW because all I really want is a spirit jersey....
Went to the expo last night at 6pm. All the merchandise walls were filled

My advice - if there is something you want and you don’t see it / ask a cast member. They were refilling constantly - they had so little merch out at one time that they may just have not gotten a certain item refilled fast enough…

We ran the soggy 5k this morning!

It was a fun time! I started towards the front of group 2 and my daughter the front of group 3…I started at 5:17 and she started around 5:40am…

We finished at the same time - but I stopped for pictures.

we had one character photo - the villian from hunchback was under the gazebo near France. Runners stood to his right with a plant in between them. Photopass was there. There were a few other photo stops without characters.

the one thing that was genuinely disappointing was how dark it was. There were sections of the course with no light at all - and space ship earth was dark too. The post race area had no lights for I did it photos backdrop area either ….

so glad that it was not raining as heavy as it is now during the race! Our race gear is currently in a dryer at SSR…I’m dreading going to get it as it’s raining buckets right now!
But we’ve got a boarding group for Remy today so we are going to make the most of it!

Great 5k this morning because it was the first WDW race DS has done and it was so cool to run with him and DH. It was wet and crappy weather but thank you to my runDis Disboards friends for encouraging the packing of ponchos! We wore them until about .5 mile and then stuck them in our gear bag which DH heroically ran with. 😍

It felt great to be back running disney in person! I am excited for Sunday!

My only complaint - what was Disney thinking not having Spaceship Earth lit up For a race that mainly runs through Epcot!?!? I was very disappointed and heard many others saying the same. I know it has been on during previous races. I sincerely hope they rethink this for the next two days.

Does anyone know if you can return/exchange Disney merch purchased at the expo? I bought a Spirit Jersey and they stupidly don’t label them as Mens or Womens on the tags, nor do they have distinct Mens and Womens sections. Long story short, I bought a Womens and I need a Mens. Why can’t Disney just make these things Unisex? Argh. I knew I should have gotten the all black one. Sigh. Next time I will try on.

Definitely agree with it being pretty dark in places for the 5K. Between that and the rain, I slowed down a number of times to watch my footing. I guess I was generally surprised at the people who sign up and then walk through, hitting all the picture spots. I understand everyone has their own reason for doing this, but this was my first Disney race and I think I just expected there to be more runners than walkers. Was tough getting around a few crowded areas.

Does anyone know if you can return/exchange Disney merch purchased at the expo? I bought a Spirit Jersey and they stupidly don’t label them as Mens or Womens on the tags, nor do they have distinct Mens and Womens sections. Long story short, I bought a Womens and I need a Mens. Why can’t Disney just make these things Unisex? Argh. I knew I should have gotten the all black one. Sigh. Next time I will try on.
I've returned things bought at the Expo at MouseGear and at World of Disney in prior years. I know others that have gone back to the Expo and returned things, too. To exchange, you'd need to go back to the Expo, but they'll definitely take stuff back.

I have returned items from the expo at a resort shop before.

We’ve been able to return Expo items at our resort’s store in the past. Wine and Dine 2016 for example.

So much for unpredictable FL weather. The weather people had this rain predicted all week.

As for the 5K, while rain sorta a put a damper on the pre race - especially waiting in the corrals, once the festivities got started, it was a non factor. And as someone mentioned earlier, luckily the rain was light compared to later this AM.

I registered for the 5K because it was the first race back and wanted to be there for that experience. I will say that besides requiring to wear masks on the bus, you would have had no idea there was anything different about this race. The corrals were done exactly the same as previous races. They were just labeled with numbers instead of letters. People were crammed in just like all the races in the past with mini waves going off every 2 minutes. And the characters were done exactly the same way. The “distancing” was very slight and frankly the only difference was you could not hug, or high five or have any close contact. There were photopass photographers at the character stops and on the course. I only stopped for Frollo who was in a gazebo in France. The Evil Queen and Lotso were out on the pre Epcot part of the course. Lotso had a few alphabet blocks in front of him and I really didn’t see any barrier at all for the Queen.

The only head scratcher for me was Spaceship earth not lit up especially with all the new LED lighting. The torches were on so you know somebody was up turning stuff on. I gotta think, Spaceship Earth was just a miss. Looking forward to the 10K tomorrow!!

Last edited:
So much for unpredictable FL weather. The weather people had this rain predicted all week.

As for the 5K, while rain sorta a put a damper on the pre race - especially waiting in the corrals, once the festivities got started, it was a non factor. And as someone mentioned earlier, luckily the rain was light compared to later this AM.

We registered for the 5K because it was the first race back and wanted to be there for that experience. I will say that besides requiring to wear masks on the bus, you would have had no idea there was anything different about this race. The corrals were done exactly the same as previous races. They were just labeled with numbers instead of letters. People were crammed in just like all the races in the past with mini waves going off every 2 minutes. And the characters were done exactly the same way. The “distancing” was very slight and frankly the only difference was you could not hug, or high five or have any close contact. There were photopass photographers at the character stops and on the course. We only stopped for Frollo who was in a gazebo in France. The Evil Queen and Lotso were out on the pre Epcot part of the course. Lotso had a few alphabet blocks in front of him and I really didn’t see any barrier at all for the Queen.

I ran today with my wife. We had Loki and Sylvie costumes and really had a great time. The only head scratcher for me was Spaceship earth not lit up especially with all the new LED lighting. The torches were on so you know somebody was up turning stuff on. I gotta think, Spaceship Earth was just a miss. Looking forward to the 10K tomorrow!!

Would you say the lines for character stops were quicker because no hugging or close contact?

The corrals were done exactly the same as previous races. They were just labeled with numbers instead of letters. People were crammed in just like all the races in the past with mini waves going off every 2 minutes.

Yep. I know this was previously theorized, but the start groups appear to be rebranded corrals in name only, and functionally work exactly the same way. There were no staggered start times outside of the usual mini-waves every 2 minutes. I was in group 2 around the middle of the pack and I believe I started at 5:22.

The first starting group loaded into the chute at 4:30, and we came behind them around 4:45.

I'm interested to see how it works for the HM, as traditionally the corrals lined up right behind the starting line. But the buses do run later this time around, until I think 6:30, so that suggests something different than the 5k. We'll see.

Yep. I know this was previously theorized, but the start groups appear to be rebranded corrals in name only, and functionally work exactly the same way. There were no staggered start times outside of the usual mini-waves every 2 minutes. I was in group 2 around the middle of the pack and I believe I started at 5:22.

The first starting group loaded into the chute at 4:30, and we came behind them around 4:45.

I'm interested to see how it works for the HM, as traditionally the corrals lined up right behind the starting line. But the buses do run later this time around, until I think 6:30, so that suggests something different than the 5k. We'll see.
I believe for Star Wars, the corrals for the half were perpendicular to the start (or the path to the start), where they would move one forward at a time - with ‘A’ being the farthest away… so maybe it will be like that.

Would you say the lines for character stops were quicker because no hugging or close contact?

Today, it seemed like they moved quickly because of the rain, and most were shorter too. Lotso was the only long line I saw, but Queen and Shan Yu weren't out for me (s1 first group).

I don't think you get a lot of hugging and character interaction during races, at least in my experience. Racers know to keep things moving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter