Wine & Dine 1/2 marathon weekend 2021

Here are the bib numbers data compiled into one post. I will update if anyone tagged provides more information about their estimated pace from registration.

@rundisfan - 400XX - Estimated under 8:00mm
@cel_disney - 45xxx - Estimated 10:00-12:00mm
@cel_disney DD - 499xx - Estimated 8:00-10:00mm

@rafiki - 316xx - Estimated 10:01-12:00
@rafiki DW - 326xx - Estimated 10:01-12:00
@1lilspark - 336xx - Estimated 12:01-14:00 mm

HM
@Wishuponastar0412 DH - 2xx - POT under 2 hrs
@striker1064 - 3xx - 1:58 HM POT
@btk2333 - 4xx - POT under 2 hrs
@SaraW - 9xx - Estimated 2:00-2:15
@FanforDisney - 10xx - What was your estimated pace?
@Kerry1957 - 10xx - Estimated 2:00-2:15
@jhk1206 DH - 15XX - Estimated 2:00-2:15
@HangWithMerida - 25xx - Estimated 2:00-2:15
@Wishuponastar0412 - 26XX - Estimated 2:16-2:30
@jenljeffers1989 - 28xx - Estimated 2:16-2:30
@Figment1990 - 39xx - Estimated 2:45-3:00
@jimrpa - 55xx - Estimated 3:01-3:15

Challenge
@rundisfan DH - 200XX POT - 1:30 HM POT
@huskies90 - 200xx - 1:35 HM POT
@rundisfan - 200XX - 1:36 HM POT
@zfletch74 - 20XXX - 3:44 M POT
@Dopey 2020 - 202XX - 1:49 HM POT
@camaker - 202xx - 3:57 M POT
@pixarmom - 203XX - 1:57 HM POT
@erbam06 - 204XX - 53:31 10k POT
@Keith Tyger - 206xx - Estimated 2:01-2:15
@FanforDisney - 209xx - Estimated 2:01-2:15
@lukemorenus - 212xx - Estimated 2:01-2:15
@jhk1206 - 21XXX - Estimated 2:01-2:15
@EveV - 225XX - Estimated 2:01-2:15
@ValW - 221xx - Platinum Club rD, Estimated time of 2:15 - 2:30
@broadsheet - 226xx - Estimated 2:16-2:30
@huskies90 DW - 229xx - No POT, what was estimated pace?
@RangerPooh - 23xxx - Estimated 2:30-2:45
@Sleepy425 - 24xxx - No POT, what was estimated pace?
@PrincessV - unknown

POT under 2hrs Bib # 2XX.

so trying to use my $15 gift card online, but no EAN number to use it, how useless. So annoyed. If I can't use it, I'll be happy to trade it. I won't be in Disney before it expires.

Can I assume that the runDisney site is down for everyone and not just me? I have not been able to get past the dwarves for 7 hrs now…

Given the forecast for heavier rain on Saturday morning, does anyone know how they will handle the challenge medals/items if the 10K gets cancelled?

Given the forecast for heavier rain on Saturday morning, does anyone know how they will handle the challenge medals/items if the 10K gets cancelled?
For the Dopey/Goofy in the past where the half was canceled, they gave the challenge medals as they normally would at the end of the full. To get the half medal, you were able to go to the expo to pick it up and I think they also mailed those who couldn’t make it back to the expo.

Doesn't it need to be really heavy rain to cancel? I did the TOT10 in full rain and was also at the half that got canceled. I think there needs to be high winds and lightning for them to cancel?

For the Dopey/Goofy in the past where the half was canceled, they gave the challenge medals as they normally would at the end of the full. To get the half medal, you were able to go to the expo to pick it up and I think they also mailed those who couldn’t make it back to the expo.

Also, confirming when the MW half was canceled, Dopeys got their half medals at the full

Yes, I received mine in the mail even though it wasn't wanted.

Doesn't it need to be really heavy rain to cancel? I did the TOT10 in full rain and was also at the half that got canceled. I think there needs to be high winds and lightning for them to cancel?
I think heavy rain is fine to run it. I believe they will only cancel/delay it for lightning. For one of the Star Wars 5ks, we were all in the corrals, and we noticed they hadn't started the race when they should have. They then announced for everyone to move to the shuttle buses they had next to the corrals or into Epcot to seek shelter since a storm was approaching. I don’t remember how long it was delayed, but the lighting portion of the race eventually passed, and they sent out notifications that they were starting the race - no more corrals. People pretty much started when they got there, and we ran in the rain. They also cut the race a little short.
They also cut in half the last W&D half night race due to a storm coming through.
I think they will do everything they can to not cancel the race - shorten/delay, as long as it won’t interfere with normal operations and it’s not a safety concern for runners/volunteers/workers.

I would guess that as long as it doesn’t get too crazy, you’ll just be rain running.

From the RunDisney site:
The race will be held rain or shine. If there is lightning in the area, the race will either have a delayed start or, depending on the intensity of the weather, be cancelled. The determination will be made by the Event Management staff.
As a reminder, the registration fees are non-refundable.

Walt Disney World Lightning Policy
Event operations will shut down when lightning is 10 miles out from the event areas. Event operations will not resume until the lightning is 10 miles out moving away from the event areas. The event management team will consult with Walt Disney World Resort Management on a course of action to utilize the operational rain plan, delay the event, or cancel the event.

We were going to do Epcot tomorrow but going to switch to go on Saturday now with the weather. Maybe we’ll see some of you there in case there’s a meet up or anything.

At the expo now. Bib and shirt pickup was easy and fast. Had separate lines for those who needed to complete a waiver.
bib 38xx for the 1/2 has me in S3, but bib 43xxx has me in S1 for the 5k

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter