Wine & Dine 1/2 marathon weekend 2021

Sorry if I am late to this. But has RunDisney posted corral or start placements yet. Seems odd that there is no information yet

My poor sister who lives in Orlando is registered for the half this weekend but will likely not be able to run. She was out for a long training run for Dopey on Sunday and tripped, somehow ending up breaking her finger. Pretty bad too apparently and they want to do surgery Friday. I’m heartbroken for her and just hope she can get back into it soon enough to be good to go for Dopey. That’s her bigger priority but she really wants to run this weekend. The doctors didn’t say she couldn’t but 2 days later is probably too risky. She’s hoping RunDisney can let her switch to virtual or something at least. She contacted them today and is waiting to hear back. :guilty:

Sorry if I am late to this. But has RunDisney posted corral or start placements yet. Seems odd that there is no information yet
They have switched to “start groups” (and there’s been a lot of discussion about if they are just changing the wording or completely overhauling the corral system) and have stated that it will be on your race bib. So we won’t know until people pick up their bibs.

They have switched to “start groups” (and there’s been a lot of discussion about if they are just changing the wording or completely overhauling the corral system) and have stated that it will be on your race bib. So we won’t know until people pick up their bibs.
Thanks

In the event guide, they have a little more spectator info…
Am I missing something, or does it only talk about the start/finish areas and that spectators shouldn't just pull off the side of the road to spectate?

Do we have any speculation as to how non-resort-guests will get into the BW area for spectating since a reservation (resort or dining) has been required to enter with the covid protocol changes?

Am I missing something, or does it only talk about the start/finish areas and that spectators shouldn't just pull off the side of the road to spectate?

Do we have any speculation as to how non-resort-guests will get into the BW area for spectating since a reservation (resort or dining) has been required to enter with the covid protocol changes?
I think that, theoretically, you could park at a Dolphin or Swan lot (you have to pay, but they aren’t attended), then walk over to Boardwalk. I’m not sure if they close EPCOT Resorts Blvd during the race tho.

Yeah, that looks like all it mentions.
You could Uber over to the Speedway station next to Boardwalk (if they won’t let you get dropped off at Boardwalk).

Hey Y'all! Lynae (DD32) just asked me if anyone is doing a meet up for the W&D? She is walking the 10K. Meet ups either before the race or any other times? Thanks!

I've now re-packed 5 times and have given up trying to travel light: I'm just bringing it all. Hot weather gear, cold weather gear, rainy weather gear - it's aaaaaaallllll coming! :rotfl2:

ARE WE THERE YET?!?!?!?!

Rain is definitely looking more and more likely.

I‘d like to be relaxing into a fun trip, but out HVAC system decided it didn’t want to switch over from cooling to heating today. With lows near freezing here Friday night and DD house and dog-sitting, something needs to be done before we leave tomorrow afternoon. >:(

RunDisney is confusing me about these waivers. I emailed them asking about it, and got this response:
“Thank you for reaching out to us.

It is one waiver per race and you would need to sign the physical waiver, available at the Expo.

Kind Regards,

Mariana”

now I got this email from them, saying it needs to be signed prior to the expo. Except I can’t e-sign it since I’m not in the US. Is this going to be an issue when I get there? I’m going to print a couple of copies and bring them with me just in case. I just wish I could get a consistent answer.

Attachments

• 1635952160384.png
    1635952160384.png
    141.5 KB · Views: 9
RunDisney is confusing me about these waivers. I emailed them asking about it, and got this response:

It is one waiver per race and you would need to sign the physical waiver, available at the Expo.

Kind Regards,

Mariana”

now I got this email from them, saying it needs to be signed prior to the expo. Except I can’t e-sign it since I’m not in the US. Is this going to be an issue when I get there? I’m going to print a couple of copies and bring them with me just in case. I just wish I could get a consistent answer.
I got the same scary email just now. I could not get my computer e sign the stupid waiver so I printed copies of them for all of us (myself, DS and DH). I am really hoping that will be good enough. I registered DH and he doesn’t have his own rundisney account and I was afraid if we tried to make him one the whole thing would disappear. Hopefully the printed waiver will work. We are going on Thursday and won’t have a ton of time to get this sorted out so I might try to fiddle with it later if I have a chance but like Princess V said:

I’m packing, repacking and gave up and am taking everything and way too many shoes.

And then yesterday a huge tree fell in our yard/landscaping so I REALLY do not have time to deal with runDisneys stupid IT issues right now. We leave in 5 hours and im still trying to pack. I just reread the event guide and realized we will need a mask if we plan to use the in park bathrooms so now I have to dig out my disposable masks and I now have a running pouch to wear on Sunday. (I’m walking from poly to start and DH was meeting me at finish line so I was just going to have him bring me a mask so I could cut down on things I have to take with me. I only had so much room in my skirt pocket.)

Kind Regards,

Mariana”

Just speculation, but I’m interpreting “you have to sign the waiver electronically prior to the expo” as their attempt to push as many people possible to the electronic format. It’s very similar to how they say “there won’t be emergency bib pick up available, you have to go to the expo the day before”.

There‘s absolutely no way they won‘t have an option to resolve things at the expo. There have just been way too many technical glitches and problems with the rollout of the e-waivers.

ETA: We should start a pool/have a poll guessing which line will be longer at the expo, the Start Group complaint line or the Waiver Issue line.

I got the same scary email just now. I could not get my computer e sign the stupid waiver so I printed copies of them for all of us (myself, DS and DH). I am really hoping that will be good enough. I registered DH and he doesn’t have his own rundisney account and I was afraid if we tried to make him one the whole thing would disappear. Hopefully the printed waiver will work. We are going on Thursday and won’t have a ton of time to get this sorted out so I might try to fiddle with it later if I have a chance but like Princess V said:

I’m packing, repacking and gave up and am taking everything and way too many shoes.

And then yesterday a huge tree fell in our yard/landscaping so I REALLY do not have time to deal with runDisneys stupid IT issues right now. We leave in 5 hours and im still trying to pack. I just reread the event guide and realized we will need a mask if we plan to use the in park bathrooms so now I have to dig out my disposable masks and I now have a running pouch to wear on Sunday. (I’m walking from poly to start and DH was meeting me at finish line so I was just going to have him bring me a mask so I could cut down on things I have to take with me. I only had so much room in my skirt pocket.)

‘I’ll just add, too, that I got the urgent email that a waiver on my account hasn’t been completed and must be finished before the expo for that person to participate. The waiver in question? A waiver for minor participation that they added in error inadvertently when “fixing” the issue with my challenge waiver.

I think it's safe to say that Disney IT has flubbed it again, and rD is still operating with a skeleton crew... I guarantee there WILL be a way to straighten out problems at the expo, but I'd assume an awful lot of folks have problems in need of straightening and lines will be long - patience will be crucial.

It has clearly been too long since I’ve done a run Disney race because I just NOW had flashbacks to waiting in long lines for bib pickup. Merch lines I expected but had suppressed my memories of the bib pickup lines. Oh fun. Coupled with my last few late bedtimes I’m trying to remember why I think this is fun again?! 🤪

We are going to the expo tomorrow afternoon. If anyone who has taken a printed waiver with them goes before 2pm, please post here and let us know how it shakes out, what you had to do, etc.

I've now re-packed 5 times and have given up trying to travel light: I'm just bringing it all. Hot weather gear, cold weather gear, rainy weather gear - it's aaaaaaallllll coming! :rotfl2:

ARE WE THERE YET?!?!?!?!
yea, me too!!! But I'll be traveling on my motorcycle so my hardcases will be packed to the gills!!

A little late, but here’s mine: Challenge Bib #221xx - Platinum Club rD, Estimated time of 2:15 - 2:30

Thank you, I appreciate it. Your starting information is the one I'll be most interested in seeing compared to those around you on the list. Your bib # falls in line with the other information as it stands.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter