Wine & Dine 1/2 marathon weekend 2021

No. The forecasts are largely meaningless more than 12-24 hours in advance, so why inject unnecessary worry or unfounded optimism into my daily life?
Actually, unlike January where you can basically throw the forecasts out the window, early November in Orlando is pretty predictable. It is one of the best times of the year to be at WDW.

Floridian here: it is currently 82* and sunny where I sit... in about 12 or so hours we're expecting severe storms with the possibility of tornadic activity and a 10-degree temp drop. Or not. All depends on when and whether a front comes along and far it dips. Welcome to Florida weather.

Floridian here: it is currently 82* and sunny where I sit... in about 12 or so hours we're expecting severe storms with the possibility of tornadic activity and a 10-degree temp drop. Or not. All depends on when and whether a front comes along and far it dips. Welcome to Florida weather.
We got that front earlier today! The temp drop is fantastic though it came with a fair dose of rain.

We got that front earlier today! The temp drop is fantastic though it came with a fair dose of rain.
We need it to push some cooler air down to South Florida as well. I went for an easy run yesterday at 5:30 and it was still 88*!

I think THIS is exactly why they didn't go with Marathon Weekend as the first race back to in-person. W&D is smaller and gives them something to test and work out the kinks with before they hit their biggest event of the year. I do events, and this is what I would've done.
And this is exactly what I was saying many months ago when I was speculating that W&D would be the first to return and everyone insisted that I was crazy. Florida would still be a COVID 19 hot zone and nobody would willingly go there. Fortunately, it turns out that Disney has decided to go with the W&D 😀

Secondarily, others registered for future events should go ahead and do this from the FAQ.

View attachment 616855

At first it seemed like something you could do, if you wanted. Now it seems like something you'll need to do based on the digital waiver situation.

so I’m going to piggyback off this and ask if I need to do this with dh’s mw registration since I registered him from my account, but provided his email address? If I do I’ll wait until after w&d because it seems like they definitely have their hands full with everything else right now. 😬

I have to ask a (probably stupid) question - what’s a “dh”? Everyone is talking about it. I’m pretty sure y’all don’t mean “designated hitter” since we are talking about running, not baseball, but I’m lost here.

I have to ask a (probably stupid) question - what’s a “dh”? Everyone is talking about it. I’m pretty sure y’all don’t mean “designated hitter” since we are talking about running, not baseball, but I’m lost here.

Dear Husband or Disney Husband, I've heard both. I'm not sure if it a Disboards thing or a general Disney message board thing but there you go.

DH = Disney/Dear Husband
DW = Disney/Dear Wife
DD = Disney/Dear Daughter (often with age)
DS = Disney/Dear Son (often with age)

Secondarily, others registered for future events should go ahead and do this from the FAQ.

View attachment 616855

At first it seemed like something you could do, if you wanted. Now it seems like something you'll need to do based on the digital waiver situation.

I'm a little surprised they let people register other adults though most platforms present the waiver with registration. It just seems easier to have everyone register with a unique account.

I'm a little surprised they let people register other adults though most platforms present the waiver with registration. It just seems easier to have everyone register with a unique account.

I think a lot of the reason is so groups/families can register together. If you have a group that wants to run and make the trip together, it makes sense to let them register together at the same time. Otherwise, by forcing individual registrations, you could well end up with one of a family/group registered and the rest out in the cold. They may not even want to make the trip in that event, but are stuck with a non-refundable registration.

I got an email reply today from RD…while they did nothing to try to fix my problem and just told me I was an idiot - they did include these things:

Printable and digital waivers are currently available by visiting the “Runner Info” tab of the event page on the runDisney website. You can download your waiver using your last name and date of birth, as entered on your registration form. If you come across any errors, you will be able to make the appropriate updates with Runner Relations at the runDisney Health & Fitness Expo.

Please note that complimentary physical waivers will also be available for your convenience at the Expo should you continue to experience problems with the digital waiver.

****I have tried to find the waivers on mobile at the runner info area and there is nothing there…if anyone is on a desktop and sees this - please let me know!!***

****I have tried to find the waivers on mobile at the runner info area and there is nothing there…if anyone is on a desktop and sees this - please let me know!!***

The only thing I can see on the website is that under Runner Info, you can access the official Digital Event Guide and under Reminders there is a tab for Waivers. The Event Waivers button then takes you to your RunDisney account login.--it's not like there is a direct waiver look-up function on that page.

https://guide.rundisney.events/waivers/

The only thing I can see on the website is that under Runner Info, you can access the official Digital Event Guide and under Reminders there is a tab for Waivers. The Event Waivers button then takes you to your RunDisney account login.--it's not like there is a direct waiver look-up function on that page.

https://guide.rundisney.events/waivers/
I having the same problem, my wife's registration disappeared. I was able to download my electronic signed waiver. I have no luck getting in contact with rundisney to fix my wife's issue, so I am going print my waiver and replace my name with my wife's name and bring it to the expo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter