Wine & Dine 1/2 marathon weekend 2021

Interesting phrasing:

"runDisney will be utilizing Start Groups to follow health and safety guidelines and manage the flow of participants from the staging area to the start of the race. Your start group designation is a small “s” followed by a number (such as s1, s2, s3, s4) and is located in the upper corner of your bib."

Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 8.06.28 AM.png

New procedure for "start groups". I imagine this will be a lot like Corrals for the 5k/10k of old, where you'll be walked as a group to the starting line. But not a lot of detail here. This may confirm the suspicion of the move to four total "corrals": POT, Club runDisney, 1st half of Non-POT, and 2nd half of Non-POT. It'll be interesting to see once the waivers link goes live.

5k Starting Map
Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 8.15.17 AM.png

10k/HM Starting Map
Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 8.15.00 AM.png

Skimming through old EPCOT 5k course maps, it appears this 5k route is slightly different (link to old routes):

Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 8.19.49 AM.png

Tiny bit of DHS in the 10k similar to the 2017 Wine and Dine course (although exiting DHS before you get to Main Street, but you do get TOT):

Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 8.22.36 AM.png

The HM course is similar to 2017-2019 Wine and Dine courses with some small changes. You get AK, DHS, and EPCOT with this course. You get Pandora and EE in AK, and the EPCOT ball to run past at the finish line:

Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 8.25.00 AM.png

Why does everything say we have to be "at Epcot for the start..." but the map shows the start at TTC?
Yes, they do have contradictory information listed regarding where the half marathon begins (Epcot vs TTC). Why can't runDisney hire an intern to do very basic proofing if the staff are incapable of doing so??

I believe it is similar to past years. Off site folks and resort guests who drive will park at Epcot and then take a bus to to the TTC where the race starts. You finish the race at Epcot where your car is. I'm assuming that the resort busses will go directly to the TTC. It appears that runner drop-off is also at TTC

Last edited:

Asking because I know someone knows the answer without me digging through old maps...are the w&d courses usually similar to the MW courses for the longer races? As in...would the 10k and half courses be the same?

I know that this is low on the totem pole of concerns for most people, but I wish they would give at least a hint of how character pics are going to go. At the very least I hope we can be NEAR the character, as opposed to them on some raised structure (like they've put some on bridges before up high just to wave at people but not really take pics with). I'm hoping at the very least for something like I keep seeing in Epcot photos - characters behind the fence and you in front of the fence. And not just selfies, I reallly hope they still have actual PhotoPass photographers.
I've been slacking on my training, I need some good character pics as excuses to take breaks😉

Asking because I know someone knows the answer without me digging through old maps...are the w&d courses usually similar to the MW courses for the longer races? As in...would the 10k and half courses be the same?

No, Wine and Dine 10k/HM courses are not traditionally the same as Marathon Weekend. Princess and Marathon Weekend traditionally share a lot of similarities. You can see it pretty easily on this website, because on a desktop computer the thumbnails are small enough that you can see a zoomed out picture of a ton of different courses at the same time (link).

So excited about the 10K and half marathon courses!! Have been running marathon weekend and princess courses for years, and this half marathon course may end up as my favorite.

Yes, they do have contradictory information listed regarding where the half marathon begins (Epcot vs TTC). Why can't runDisney hire an intern to do very basic proofing if the staff are incapable of doing so??
Sloppy.

I believe it is similar to past years. Off site folks and resort guests who drive will park at Epcot and then take a bus to to the TTC where the race starts. You finish the race at Epcot where your car is. I'm assuming that the resort busses will go directly to the TTC. It appears that runner drop-off is also at TTC
I would just like to give them a little bit of credit. The event guide is not available on the official runDisney webpage right now. So this link came from someone digging into finding it. I don’t think the proofing has been finished yet and is not ready to be ‘officially released’.

So I signed up for this late, and I'm staying offsite and planning on driving. So the information was wrong on the website, because the buses go from Epcot to the TTC (start) for those driving in? Any tips for driving?

So excited about the 10K and half marathon courses!! Have been running marathon weekend and princess courses for years, and this half marathon course may end up as my favorite.
I did the half in 2019, and it was really nice going through AK. I was disappointed that year since the 5K was changed last minute to Epcot (which makes sense since it's Wine and Dine) I'm not sure about the 10K with going from TTC to HS. However, probably better than the out and back around the parking lot of Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter