Wine & Dine 1/2 marathon weekend 2021

The Marine Corps Marathon just cancelled

I wouldn't put too much stock into this just yet... the Cherry Blossom 10-miler (previously postponed from April) went off without issue a couple weekends ago, although MCM is bigger. My hunch is DoD has more regulations they have to adhere to, which made putting on the race more of a pain than it was worth. Boston and New York are still on as well.

I wouldn't put too much stock into this just yet... the Cherry Blossom 10-miler (previously postponed from April) went off without issue a couple weekends ago, although MCM is bigger. My hunch is DoD has more regulations they have to adhere to, which made putting on the race more of a pain than it was worth. Boston and New York are still on as well.

The announcement stated security concerns that were too difficult to overcome, so not sure any other race would have the same issues. I think the DC half went off this past Sunday without any issues, too.

** RUN WITH NO REGISTRATION FEE! **
I wanted to pass along this great information I received in an email from the cancer charity Team FORCE. They have 10K, half marathon, and Challenge bibs still available, and they're currently offering them for no registration fee and only a $150 fundraising goal. That would mean you'd actually save significant money for the 1/2 and Challenge, and for any of them the money would go to a great cause!

I think this link should work for more information: https://go.pardot.com/webmail/29344...37bec069c6430646eaa9a0182fe9fac6e3ac39860e0e5

If that doesn't work, here's the contact email address that was referenced in the email: teamFORCE@facingourrisk.org
Thanks! We just signed up for the wine and dine half with FORCE!

so, I pulled the trigger and signed up for the challenge. I even ordered a new running skirt to wear for the after party.
Had to consolidate my training to make sure I get all the long ones in. I mostly walk, but have been adding in some running. Today I did 30 intervals, which is 30sec of jogging and 2 min of walking, then finished up the last 2 miles just walking. I'm hoping to get to be able to do 7 or 8 miles of the intervals because my walking is kind of on the slow side.

The best part is that I've finished 3 halfs one of which was the Princess challenge in 2019 (sounds/looks weird, but halves doesn't work either!) so I know I can do it.

I am still unsure if I will regret this decision (and have a few more days to ponder it!) but I have managed to piece together 3 nights at DVC studios as an alternative to an off site place…
If I do this - I would ditch the car I think and take ME…

but - it’s a lot of moving! Jambo Value Studio on Wed, Kidani Savannah on Thursday and OKW Studio on Friday!! Checking out early Saturday AM!

I probably check 5+ times each day…and would be much happier if I could get a consecutive night somewhere…

I want to decide and bank my points if I’m not going to use them so decisions will be made by Thursday! Ha! Fingers crossed something opens up or I at least end up at piece with whatever happens! Lol!

We did have a question about the busses. We assume there will be race bus transportation from the Dolphin as always, but if for some reason there are no busses from the Dolphin, we are planning to walk over to the Boardwalk and take the bus from there...Can anyone think of any issue with doing that?

Last edited:
We did have a question about the busses. We assume there will be race bus transportation from the Dolphin as always, but if for some reason there are no busses from the Dolphin, we are planning to walk over to the Boardwalk and take the bus from there...Can anyone think of any issue with doing that?

You should be fine. They don't check or care where you are staying when you use the busses.

Sorry if this has been discussed but... Anyone have an idea what the route will be for the 10k and the half?

Sorry if this has been discussed but... Anyone have an idea what the route will be for the 10k and the half?
no clue but I just hope for variance between W&D and MW 10K but not holding my breath based on construction

and just fyi - Boston is veryfiing vaccinations and a covid test required to pick up your bib and then doing a rolling start which seams to make sense. Can't get onto a bus or into the start before your allotted time range based on bib number. Then doing a rolling start - when you can get into the start area you can go when you are ready instead of a bunch start. Seems that will work fine. Have a valid test before you go or before you go to packet pickup. You run with tested people who all have been vaccinated.

no clue but I just hope for variance between W&D and MW 10K but not holding my breath based on construction
Wine and Dine seems to have had some variety each year. MW has been the same course except for the 2 years they bussed you out to the parking lot.

and just fyi - Boston is veryfiing vaccinations and a covid test required to pick up your bib and then doing a rolling start which seams to make sense. Can't get onto a bus or into the start before your allotted time range based on bib number. Then doing a rolling start - when you can get into the start area you can go when you are ready instead of a bunch start. Seems that will work fine. Have a valid test before you go or before you go to packet pickup. You run with tested people who all have been vaccinated.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure if Disney wanted to do this, it would be against Florida law. :(

It’s proof of vaccine OR a negative covid test. Chicago has the same rules. NYC has similar rules, however bib pickup will be outdoors for non-vaccinated folks because they cannot enter the indoor expo.

FL is a different situation. Businesses (no matter the size) cannot ask vaccination status. I wouldn’t expect RunDisney to implement any protocols that they wouldn’t do in the resorts or the parks. I could see them implementing some sort of bus schedule based on corral, but that sounds like a logistical nightmare to me based on all the resorts, road closures and people driving to the races.

Just a minor correction: FL business can ask vaccination status - they cannot require it to do business, with some stipulations. But I think it's irrelevant because WDW has yet to ask or require anything from Guests re: vaccination.

Our Wine and Dine Nov trip blew up since folks who were gonna join us are backing out (some for Covid others due to the increased Disney costs of Genie, etc). Also, our dates changed because we decided to do the 5K so we are coming in earlier and we also decided to stay a few days longer. So things got messy. Since it is now just me and my wife, we do not need the 1 bedroom at Bay Lake and since there is ZERO DVC available for November to make changes and very little at Disney resorts, we booked the entire stay at the Dolphin (with a pretty good AP discount). We need to decide by our Sept 30 banking deadline if we are going to go ahead and cancel our DVC. I would much rather use our points, but it just seems to make more sense to do the entire stay at one place in the right size room and so, that is how we are leaning...

Ijusy wanted to empathize with you in the lack of DVC availability and the Sept 30th banking window!! I’ve got waitlists in and I’m checking constantly trying to find something until tomorrow night! I had a PERFECT open ressie for 3-6th show up at boardwalk studio but it was gone before I could get logged in elsewhere to cancel my current reservation to try to drop/add in the same second!

I also don’t see an issue with the walk to Boardwalk! No one is checking!

I’ll be curious to hear about your experience after the race weekend. I just switched my room from GDT to the Swan for basically the same price during marathon weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter