• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wine & Dine 1/2 marathon weekend 2021

I would absolutely love to sign up - I've been wanting to do W&D for years, but somehow the dates never worked for me. This year I could make it work. But, being an international runner and with the travel still firmly in place, November is just a little too close for comfort. ☹ There's nothing about a possibility of a deferral to next year in the FAQ any more, and unfortunately, I can't get myself to possibly wasting that much money...

Congrats to everyone who successfully took the first hurdle and survived registration! :thumbsup2

Sorry if this is a silly question but I’m puzzled.

I see there is a 2 course race package, but there’s actually 3 races….. is there not a package that allows to race in all races (like Dopey on MW)

very odd to me that all others are still left...we are now at 4.5 hours into registration! I don't expect the same for marathon weekend though - so even though I am overpaying, I am glad I went through a charity. Plus it feels good and I have less stress which helps!

I had not realized until this morning that the party was unbundled from the race registration. Perhaps it will be available to all runners now. As an AP I'll pass on the party and the extra cost.
the party is not included now? Pretty sure it's included in the Challenge no? Thought that was a nice perk to this one. Have to say it was nice the website didn't crash and the que wait time was probably a result of everyone having 5 windows open for every person wanting to register. I'm the first one to complain about Disney IT but pretty good I thought.

I'm already searching for costumes on Etsy. Anyone have a favorite vendor for costumes that are good for running? It will be hard to move on from my known distance gear.

Iglow running is my favorite. Really high quality, fit well, excellent service. I've gotten 8 costumes from her and loved them all. They are expensive but durable. My understanding is they do pretty well in resale, but I haven't tried that myself.

I already have the haunted mansion maid costume and have ordered the butler shirt for my son.

the party is not included now? Pretty sure it's included in the Challenge no? Thought that was a nice perk to this one. Have to say it was nice the website didn't crash and the que wait time was probably a result of everyone having 5 windows open for every person wanting to register. I'm the first one to complain about Disney IT but pretty good I thought.

It looks like the party is included for HM and challenge? Unless this hasn't been updated.

https://www.rundisney.com/events/disneyworld/wine-and-dine-half-marathon-weekend/events/post-race/
You’ve done the Half Marathon—now it’s time to celebrate your accomplishment with an after-hours party at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival! You’ll have access to Global Marketplaces, select Epcot attractions and live entertainment! Your Half Marathon or Challenge registration includes entry.

I was mistaken. I saw the click for party tickets and thought everyone had to pay. But it's pretty clear that this, when live, will be for friends and family, and that all HM runners (regular and challenge) have a ticket included in their registration. Sorry for the confusion.

Well, I was checking the board for the princess HM and saw the W&D HM was still open and couldn't resist! It just fell into place. I got some time off work, flights were available, PORS still had rooms. It's like it was meant to be.
It will be a quick trip and I'm going alone, but I'm actually getting to run W&D HM this year!!! I've missed in person racing so much. Now, to get some training going. Early Nov is pushing my usual HM training time up by almost 2 months (my normal first HM is in January) and it is still miserably hot and humid here. Maybe now that I have a carrot, I can get myself to run more than 3 miles at a time!

Is it advisable to arrive on Thursday? I couldn't get Friday off for parks so was planning to get in Friday night but it seems it's required to go to the expo right?
If you are just doing the half Sunday you are good to come in later on Friday just be aware any merchandise will be slim pickings if you are doing the 10K or Challenge you need to be there earlier

so, races start at what? 3am, 2am now?? right? So, given I have the NYC Marathon to run, which is like at 8am on Sunday, I'm thinking I could run the 10k on saturday at disney, then half marathon on sunday and fly down to NY and still make the marathon race? right? I mean this is doable right? mind you I'm no longer in Eliud Kipchoge shape..closer to 3 Eliuds, but this is doable, riiiight?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter