Wine Bar George

Candycane83

DIS Veteran
so... would you recommend eating there during lunch or dinner? We will be 2 adults and a child on DxDP. I probably would just use 2 credits and share. I was thinking of doing dinner to try the skirt steak or whole sea bass but there are so many other signatures to try at night... what would you do

We didn't eat there last time, but it seems like a better lunch place based on the menu. amazing wine list and great staff.

We ate dinner there NYE and would surely return for lunch as well; in fact, it's on our prospective list for April.
I'm not going to book a reservation until whatever day we decide to go and I'll use opentable.com instead of the WDW site.
opentable tends to have more availability that MDE.

We ate dinner there NYE and would surely return for lunch as well; in fact, it's on our prospective list for April.
I'm not going to book a reservation until whatever day we decide to go and I'll use opentable.com instead of the WDW site.
opentable tends to have more availability that MDE.
How was dinner? Would love to hear about what you had and what you thought! I have a reservation for dinner right now and would probably switch to OpenTable when I’m within my 90 day mark. :)

How was dinner? Would love to hear about what you had and what you thought! I have a reservation for dinner right now and would probably switch to OpenTable when I’m within my 90 day mark. :)

Since it was NYE, the restaurant had a special menu in addition to it's regular offerings.
The New Year's Eve menu included foie gras, caviar, and Wagyu A5 carpaccio as appetizers.

We started with the caviar (Israeli osetra from Marky's. Decent and nice pop for the cost) and creme fraiche accompanied by glasses of Etoile champagne which was a special wine for NYE. Great value at somewhere between 15.00 and 18.00 a glass.

Then ordered our main course from the regular menu so we could better know what they did day to day.

A grilled romaine salad, the whole fish dinner (probably sea bass?) but it was tender, fresh and nicely seasoned) served with asparagus and a bean ragout and a pour of a Pinot Gris what I would need my notes to know which one I ordered. Probably from Spain. The salad had a good char that went well with the buttermilk dressing. We fought over the last asparagus spear and compromised by breaking it in half. I deserved the tip portion and ate it with gusto because because well he stole 2 of my spears when I went to the ladies' room :scared:;).

Followed that with seared foie gras from the holiday menu which was a bit out of menu order but I dinna care; the duck liver were whispering sweet nothings in my ear, LOL. Pretty sure we had a Tokaji wine with that course. The foie gras was served with a fruit sauce/gastrique and came from a quality distributor in upstate NY. Great caramelized sear and buttery taste within and worth every calorie.

Shared an olive cake dessert with sparkling water since we still needed to walk to the bus stop;). The cake brought me back to good times in Spain even though it was a bit more "fancified" than I was used to. It's accompaniments were fried olives and a lemon cream. The man made sure there was nothing left on the plate.

A memorable and indulgent meal that I would be happy to do again.

We noted others sharing a really nice looking charcuterie board and the steak platter. Looked like they were enjoying themselves so if we return for lunch I plan to order either the steak sandwich or charcuterie platter.

Since it was NYE, the restaurant had a special menu in addition to it's regular offerings.
The New Year's Eve menu included foie gras, caviar, and Wagyu A5 carpaccio as appetizers.

We started with the caviar (Israeli osetra from Marky's. Decent and nice pop for the cost) and creme fraiche accompanied by glasses of Etoile champagne which was a special wine for NYE. Great value at somewhere between 15.00 and 18.00 a glass.

Then ordered our main course from the regular menu so we could better know what they did day to day.

A grilled romaine salad, the whole fish dinner (probably sea bass?) but it was tender, fresh and nicely seasoned) served with asparagus and a bean ragout and a pour of a Pinot Gris what I would need my notes to know which one I ordered. Probably from Spain. The salad had a good char that went well with the buttermilk dressing. We fought over the last asparagus spear and compromised by breaking it in half. I deserved the tip portion and ate it with gusto because because well he stole 2 of my spears when I went to the ladies' room :scared:;).

Followed that with seared foie gras from the holiday menu which was a bit out of menu order but I dinna care; the duck liver were whispering sweet nothings in my ear, LOL. Pretty sure we had a Tokaji wine with that course. The foie gras was served with a fruit sauce/gastrique and came from a quality distributor in upstate NY. Great caramelized sear and buttery taste within and worth every calorie.

Shared an olive cake dessert with sparkling water since we still needed to walk to the bus stop;). The cake brought me back to good times in Spain even though it was a bit more "fancified" than I was used to. It's accompaniments were fried olives and a lemon cream. The man made sure there was nothing left on the plate.

A memorable and indulgent meal that I would be happy to do again.

We noted others sharing a really nice looking charcuterie board and the steak platter. Looked like they were enjoying themselves so if we return for lunch I plan to order either the steak sandwich or charcuterie platter.
Wow that sounds like an amazing meal! I guess either way won’t be a bad choice. :) I’ll have to see if Jaleo’s lunch menu differs so much.

We had dinner at WBG in August and after eating at most single DDP credit restaurants on property, my wife and I agreed that this is now the best on property. We had a better experience at WBG than we have at a lot of signature meals. We both love wine so first and foremost they have an amazing wine list and you can try them by the ounce. We split the skirt steak which was very good and the desserts were great as well. We will be going there for dinner twice during our July trip this year. I have not had lunch there but the steak over fries looks really good. We like to max out the value of our DDP credits so we usually use them for dinner.

We had dinner at WBG in August and after eating at most single DDP credit restaurants on property, my wife and I agreed that this is now the best on property. We had a better experience at WBG than we have at a lot of signature meals. We both love wine so first and foremost they have an amazing wine list and you can try them by the ounce. We split the skirt steak which was very good and the desserts were great as well. We will be going there for dinner twice during our July trip this year. I have not had lunch there but the steak over fries looks really good. We like to max out the value of our DDP credits so we usually use them for dinner.
Yes I was thinking about maximizing the value for the dining plan too as we’re on DxDP when we go. :) thanks for your review! I would love to do this twice but there’s just so many options to choose from now! Lol!

Wow that sounds like an amazing meal! I guess either way won’t be a bad choice. :) I’ll have to see if Jaleo’s lunch menu differs so much.

This wasn't the best meal (V+A) we had that trip but eating at this restaurant was reassurance that a few quality ingredients treated with love can make for good eats. A well thought out wine list helps too;).

I hear you w/ the Jaleo and WBG dilemma. Our April trip will include kiddos with all their demands, is only for 6 nights, and has a too long eating bucket list.Time will tell who stays and who goes.

This wasn't the best meal (V+A) we had that trip but eating at this restaurant was reassurance that a few quality ingredients treated with love can make for good eats. A well thought out wine list helps too;).

I hear you w/ the Jaleo and WBG dilemma. Our April trip will include kiddos with all their demands, is only for 6 nights, and has a too long eating bucket list.Time will tell who stays and who goes.
Haha yes my 5 year old will have to be patient with all the signatures we plan to do! So many restaurants so little time. Do you do dining reviews? I would love to see what your experience would be in April!

Haha yes my 5 year old will have to be patient with all the signatures we plan to do! So many restaurants so little time. Do you do dining reviews? I would love to see what your experience would be in April!

I haven't written any formal trip reports or dining reviews...just incorporate my thoughts into other posters' questions.

For my sight this is the perfect time to introduce your LO into signature meals. They learn so much more about food and it helps to expand their palates. By the time DGD was 7 y/o I could get her to clean her room in record time if I said I was making gazpacho LOL. Now she still won't eat cheese and is currently "anti-raisin" but we go to nice restaurants and she can still work her way around a menu with little fear of the hereto unknown. Love that lil grrlie:).

My 20 month old loved Tiffins, she scarfed down their bread service whereas my MIL looked at it funny...

I haven't written any formal trip reports or dining reviews...just incorporate my thoughts into other posters' questions.

For my sight this is the perfect time to introduce your LO into signature meals. They learn so much more about food and it helps to expand their palates. By the time DGD was 7 y/o I could get her to clean her room in record time if I said I was making gazpacho LOL. Now she still won't eat cheese and is currently "anti-raisin" but we go to nice restaurants and she can still work her way around a menu with little fear of the hereto unknown. Love that lil grrlie:).
I agree little ones should be more exposed to different foods. I think he will like it. I find that he’s a little more picky now that he’s at school compared to before!
My 20 month old loved Tiffins, she scarfed down their bread service whereas my MIL looked at it funny...
Way to go to the 20 month old! That’s awesome :) we’re trying tiffins for the first time this trip... and maybe Jiko, haven’t made up my mind yet on that one. Hope that everyone will find something they will enjoy!

we ate at wine bar george for dinner and loved it. we had the following (for 2 adults & 2 teens):
Artisanal Cheese Board
Crispy Mac & Cheese Bites
Wine Braised Chicken - Family Style - serves 2 or more

It was all delicious and was a good amount for us. Also, it was VERY loud in there so I would not at all hesitate to bring younger kids.

Sp we are planning a trip to WBG in May on the DDP. How much does the Olive Cake taste like olives?? I ask this because neither DH nor I are olive fans. The only other option is Key Lime Pie, which we love, but it would be nice to get one of each to try them both. Please let me know.

Sp we are planning a trip to WBG in May on the DDP. How much does the Olive Cake taste like olives?? I ask this because neither DH nor I are olive fans. The only other option is Key Lime Pie, which we love, but it would be nice to get one of each to try them both. Please let me know.
The cake doesn't have pieces of olives in it; it's made with olive oil and looks much like a standard yellow cake. Just think of the cake mixes at your local supermarket made with vegetable oil;).
It definitely has a taste of olive oil and is quite moist.The fried olive garnish on the side do not taste anything like olives. I tasted one and left it and the lemon marscapone for the man since I prefer the cake plain.

If you don't like olive oil don't order it.

I'll be honest. I rarely eat desserts at most restaurants at Disney because they are frequently too sweet for me but I ordered the olive cake because it was NY Eve, I was feeling mellow from the champagne and I just finished planning a trip to Europe for this summer and couldn't fit Spain into the itinerary- just send the demned wahambulance,LOL. I've eaten the cake in Spain and wanted a lil taste of what I was missing.
Your world won't end if you don't have it:).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter