• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend (Oct. 31-Nov. 3, 2024)

This will be my first Run Disney race and my first half marathon and I think I'm going to be insane and go for the challenge.
Do it! If you’re already training for a half, what’s a warm-up 10K in the grand scheme of things? But really, it’ll be a good opportunity to get a feel for how runDisney races work before you get to the big race. Plus, an extra shirt and medal!!

I'm stoked to read a 10k is good for POT! I was planning to do my local zoo 5k but maybe I'll bump up to the 10k instead. I'm not sure if I can do it in an hour, but it's worth a shot to try for a corral placement.

I'm stoked to read a 10k is good for POT! I was planning to do my local zoo 5k but maybe I'll bump up to the 10k instead. I'm not sure if I can do it in an hour, but it's worth a shot to try for a corral placement.
They have extended the POT range, so now the cutoff is about 68 minutes (instead of 61 previously)

We opted to not do the Disneyland Halloween races due to my son's school schedule, so we are hoping to make the Swedish Chef 5K his first ever 5K since we are already going to be at Fort Wilderness Halloween. Stressing about registration day though, since I have to register both of us at the same time. We're so excited about a Muppet medal :)

Yes.. it is better like this.. merch is visible and not more blind purchases!

I started saying I wasn’t doing this weekend, sticking with MW.

Then we booked a Halloween trip which extends to race weekend, so maybe. 🤔

After MW I swore off doing anymore rD weekends until I have a POT, back to no.

Then Disney goes and extends the POT which I already have so we’re on again.

Sunday I drop my DVC guide an email seeing when we can chat, I have some questions, and by Sunday night we added on. So now I think that registration money would be better put to the somewhat unplanned DVC purchase.

One week to sort this out. UGH!!😩 We’ll definitely come out to cheer if we don’t run!

I got my perfect challenger email. Going through registration now. Can we go back and add on merch later if we so choose? If not, I think I'll add a jacket and cross my fingers for the Loungefly. I just remember the jackets being a crazy situation last year.

I got my perfect challenger email. Going through registration now. Can we go back and add on merch later if we so choose? If not, I think I'll add a jacket and cross my fingers for the Loungefly. I just remember the jackets being a crazy situation last year.
Yes, you can add merch after

I hate the spirit jersey so much. Gonna save $80.

I’ll probably just get the weekend pin, weekend magnet, and the challenge medal pin. If I have some gift cards maybe I’ll do a few more pins.

I like the jackets but not sure if they’re worth the $$. I barely wear the ones I own. But that’s true across the races I’ve done. I need to incorporate them into my post-run outfits more.

Thanks! I haven't pre-ordered merch, despite all the races. Well, once I think I pre-ordered a Princess Dooney. I thought we could, but I figured I'd better double-check myself.
Keep in mind that they do eventually close pre-ordering, but it's usually not until a couple of months before the race weekend. And, things do sell out on pre-order for some reason. Lol.

Guess who’s already stressing about registration? And trying to come up with a plan for multiple registrations? Open to ideas for *how* everyone would go about registering:
3x 5k (my son, husband, and I)
myself for the challenge
my husband for either the challenge or 1 race

I’m trying to figure out priorities. My husband and I will both be on our computers for registration.
I’m thinking if we both get in at similar times, I’ll ask him to register us for the 5k while I do my challenge, and then whoever finishes first registers him for whatever he picks, since he’s not as particular.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter