Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend (Oct. 31-Nov. 3, 2024)

If you run the half or challenge, you’ll get automatic entry to the “party.” Temper your expectations. The last couple of years have been pretty bad, with few attractions open and very long lines. I remember 2019 having lots of entertainment (mariachi band, etc), characters, and a genuine feeling of a celebration. 2011 was great because it was a night race that ended in Epcot, so the party started once you crossed the finish line and they handed you a free beer. 2023 was very dark, empty feeling, while also extremely crowded in the few areas open.
I second this. I bought a ticket for last year's party (only did the 10K) and was severely disappointed. It was so packed, lines were super long for everything and there was no good place to even sit (or stand!) to each food from the booths. Double hard when your feet/legs hurt from having just done a run the day before!

I stayed for the fireworks and then left. As a passholder, it really wasn't a good value for the money since I can go to EPCOT anytime I'm there. I can see if this is a more rare trip and you want to maximize your time at EPCOT, this might be worth it (and especially so if you get the ticket for free).

I second this. I bought a ticket for last year's party (only did the 10K) and was severely disappointed. It was so packed, lines were super long for everything and there was no good place to even sit (or stand!) to each food from the booths. Double hard when your feet/legs hurt from having just done a run the day before!

I stayed for the fireworks and then left. As a passholder, it really wasn't a good value for the money since I can go to EPCOT anytime I'm there. I can see if this is a more rare trip and you want to maximize your time at EPCOT, this might be worth it (and especially so if you get the ticket for free).
In past years they heavily promote it like a hard ticket party event for anyone and non runners will $ tickets just for the characters

Imho they need to just sell additional tickets for friends/family/shorter distance runners at the expo only

F-itty, f, f. I have sworn off Disney and RunDisney....well except that I have an unused DL PH that I thought I might use later this year. Oh, and the "original" circa 2008-ish Disboards WISH group is talking MW25 reunion. And now Swedish Chef? It is absurd to do a WDW trip, let alone one to just run a 5k. And now I have 3 weeks to figure this out. Damn.

Timeframe for POT races is January 1, 2022-May 1, 2024, just so everyone can start planning their spring schedule
I did not read this carefully until just now and I have POT! I have a 2:23 half from March of 2022. I'll submit it but I plan on doing this race with my friends and my Dad so I'll drop back to be with them. I love that they're expanding POT and hope it goes all the way to 2:45 eventually.

I'm thankful to have a 2:27 half time from the Disneyland Half last month. I didn't even realize it would help with anything; I just realized at mile 9 that I could go under 2:30 if I pushed and since the streets of Anaheim were kind of boring, I just turned on the gas. Thankful it matters now!

I may try to get an even faster PoT with the 10-miler at SS. I may be able to get under 1:40, which would equal a 2:13 half marathon if I'm using the right equivalency calculator. I best start upping my speed work.

So... DW texts me this morning to say that one of her friends wants to run W&D. I hadn't planned on being in on this one, but I do love the themes. Still waiting on confirmation that she can get the days off as a teacher, but it's looking likely that I'll be joining in the registration mayhem.

registration mayhem.

I see what you did there...

giphy.gif

I like the themes. I was already planning on the Half because i have a camping group meet at Ft Wilderness at the same time. We arrive on Saturday. I want to do the challenge but not sure i can get another day at the Fort on Friday because of halloween. Plus not sure my knee can handle two days of running since well i have not run yet.

Planning only for the challenge, love the fact that wine and dine went back to food themes, really like all the race themes, but said no more 5Ks except Dopey and wow the $$. But also the fomo, I’m there already, what’s a few more bucks. Club rD will get me the challenge so I’ll have time to decide if I jump in line to add the 5K

Talking about registration madnesss.... a couple of friends -first timers are going to join the 5K and 10k...

If one gets an early queue she can register herself fully (meaning until payment goes through)... the Queue ID remains active for some mins after so that the other one can use it?

or does the queue closes with the registration confirmed?

is it better to do first the 5k? (fully 'til payment) and then go back for the 10k? or adding it in the same transaction?

thanks!

YES! The Swedish chef! I had no plans to do the 5K but now I have to.
Is the best strategy on sign up day to sign up for the 5k first and then come back for the challenge? It will be two separate registrations, right?
I'll let the experts here advise whether that is the best sign-up strategy. I'd like to know, too.

I'm planning on doing MNSSHP on Halloween night. I'm not necessarily looking forward to getting a only few hours of sleep before the 5K. I think that I'm going to sign up for the challenge first, and the 5K second. If I miss out on the 5K, it just means I can get a good night's sleep after MNSSHP, and I save some $.

I absolutely love the themes but we have some new-to-runDisney people potentially coming with us and one of them is very bad at advance planning so I have like 2 weeks to convince them that we need to register the second it opens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter