• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend (Oct. 31-Nov. 3, 2024)

Odds they'll bring back an old-school route running through Wide World of Sports + Animal Kingdom before entering HS and Epcot?

Interested in signing up for the half, but would really like to know the route highlights beforehand.

Odds they'll bring back an old-school route running through Wide World of Sports + Animal Kingdom before entering HS and Epcot?

Interested in signing up for the half, but would really like to know the route highlights beforehand.
We never know routes until a couple of weeks before the race weekend unfortunately, and all people here can do is speculate which isn't really helpful in determining what routes will ultimately be. In the spirit of speculation (ha!), I would imagine we will continue to see more of the same as the last couple of years with routes that center around Epcot, mainly because it is the easiest place to start and end a race on property. But, you never know! I just would not base signing up for a race on the hope that a route will be what you want it to be.

I was pretty certain that I wasn't going to do Wine & Dine this year. My friend and I talked about it and decided that we would rather put our time (and money) towards Marathon Weekend. It is my least favorite race weekend/courses so it was not exactly a hardship.

And then I realized today that the half marathon would be on my friend's 50th birthday...cue 180 degree turn.

So depending on the themes, we might be in. Here, Mouse, take some more of my money!

Looking past 2024, I’m trying to pick a year that I can run both NYC and Wine N Dine. It looks like it may be possible in 2025 (Nov 2) and 2026 (Nov 1). I know the expo this year is on Halloween, but the actual races never occur on Halloween, correct?

Does anyone know how far before registration they typically announce the pricing?
Looks like they announced it last year on March 9th, with CrD registration on March 14th.

CrD registration this year is on March 5th, so if they follow the same pattern, we should expect themes and pricing by Feb 29th.

EDIT: I just checked the timing for the Halloween race. Themes and pricing were announced on Jan 23, with CrD registration on Feb 6, which if they follow this timeline, we'd get the themes on Jan 20th.

I just booked our room for the weekend. We are perfect challengers so hopefully will have our email soon after CrD if everything follows the past couple of years. I can't wait to see what the themes are! I'm hoping they're a little more cohesive. My favorite were still the Americana Mickey year.

My initial strategy was to sign up for the 10k (I’ve been perfect with that distance though the past few years I just made it in within minutes) with a back up of shelling out $$$$ for the challenge and attempting the half but that 5K…..

Should I go the charity route or at least figure out how to put my name on a wait list ?

MAYBE by 2026 I'll get a chance to do a W&D weekend. These themes look super cute.

And confirmed 2:30 POT? UUUUUGH. Gonna have to train with a purpose instead of to just finish.

OMG I am just dying with envy over that Swedish Chef 5k. Ughhh

I can only do two races this year. I was planning on the Summer Virtual (since I save on travel costs down to Florida) and MW. But now I don't know. This is so hard!

I think I'm going to wait and see if the Summer Virtual theme is announced before March 12 and then decide. Last year was sort of meh with the same four 100 medals (imo). I'm hoping for better this year. I already skipped the Springtime Surprise and saved $400, so I've got money to spare, right!?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter