Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend (Oct. 31-Nov. 3, 2024)

Here are past years themes both for weekend & races
‘16 was the inaugural 10k/challenge it was still a christmas themed 5k, remmy 10k, classic chef Mickey Half & Lumiere Challenge (kids race Christmas)

‘17 was Epcot 35th/world showcase themed 5k was rebranded fall feast most races had a chef mickey (and Minnie) theme (5K was more of a fall mickey and kids was figment ) medals for 10k & half were luggage tag themed with the challenge medal being a world showcase passport
‘18 was a famous chef theme 5k was Tony with lady & the tramp, 10k chef Louis & Sebastian, half chef Mickey and Lumiere Challenge kids was remmy

‘19 was taste your way around the world 5k jungle book characters with bananas (ironically moved from animal kingdom to Epcot as of this year) 10k Olaf Sven and carrots half patriotic Mickey with pie challenge three caballeros with nachos (kids was Timon & pumba with grubs) this was the 10th anniversary of the 5k & half

‘20 was wickedly delicious this was virtual 5k Yzma 10k was Ursula half was evil Queen Challenge was nightmare before Christmas (kids was hook) this was 5th anniversary of 10k/challenge

21’ wickedly delicious again with the 5k/Half and 10k/Challenge themes flipped no more kids races though hook was heavily featured in expo signage and weekend merchandise

‘22 celebration of music & culture 5k coco 10k raya and the last dragon Half soul challenge genie

‘23 banquet bash 5k mad tea party 10k be our guest half Madrigal family dinner (Encanto) challenge figments open house

‘24 predictions I know I commented about sidekicks but I have a different one
food & friendship
5k Luca, Alberto, Julia (pasta)
10k Asha & Delia (Star shaped cookies)
Half Mickey & Pluto (perfect picnic)
Challenge Louis & Ray (Beignets)

They almost nailed Emperors New Groove with the villains theme a couple years ago, but they had Kronk serving turkey legs instead of his spinach puffs.

If we’re going to turn Wine and Dine into a showcase for random Disney properties, then I suggest we lean into it hard. It should be themed based on the 1979 movie The Black Hole with the following characters:

10k: V.I.N.CENT & B.O.B.
Half: Maximillian
Challenge: Obviously Ernest Borgnine’s character Harry Booth. Maybe it can be called the Borgnine-teen.3 Challenge.

The Maximillian race shirt should definitely include his final shot in the movie in robot hell. I miss 70s Disney.

1706636315215.jpeg

If we’re going to turn Wine and Dine into a showcase for random Disney properties, then I suggest we lean into it hard. It should be themed based on the 1979 movie The Black Hole with the following characters:

10k: V.I.N.CENT & B.O.B.
Half: Maximillian
Challenge: Obviously Ernest Borgnine’s character Harry Booth. Maybe it can be called the Borgnine-teen.3 Challenge.

The Maximillian race shirt should definitely include his final shot in the movie in robot hell. I miss 70s Disney.

View attachment 830027

Serious old school. Remember watching this with my dad when I was very young.

Do we think that Disney would EVER (and I mean ever) cross over into any of the Fox movies they bought? Like....Fern Gully?

Or will they be purists and stick to Disney (Pixar/SW)-produced IP?

Maybe, maybe I could see them using Anastasia at some point in the future. They made pins last year for it.
If Anastasia were announced as a princess theme and I could work doing that race with whatever I’d signed up for with Gasparilla I’d 100% try to swing it
(With this past years princess there was a brief moment where I almost considered doing the 5K with a friend who loves Ariel then the 15k/8k challenge in tampa before my friend told me that was too unhinged so she did virtual)

Do we think that Disney would EVER (and I mean ever) cross over into any of the Fox movies they bought? Like....Fern Gully?

Or will they be purists and stick to Disney (Pixar/SW)-produced IP?
Would there be enough of a demand? I don’t have any ties to Fox movies so I know a lot of those themes would keep me away. Even Disney Junior characters weren’t in demand at some weekends because the runners didn’t know who they were.

Maybe, maybe I could see them using Anastasia at some point in the future. They made pins last year for it.
I couldn't find those pins! I tried so hard and when I asked at the pin store she thought I meant Cinderella's step sister 😭

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter