• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2023 (Nov. 2-5, 2023)

I’m a bit confused about transportation for spectators. (Only my second Rundisney event) I think I’ll probably finish about 7:45-8:00 ish. If my husband wants to be there at the finish line, it looks like he would have to take a bus really early and wait around for 2+ hours which he really doesn’t want to do. Is driving still an option around 7 am? Are there still some roads open to get to Epcot? (Coming from Pop)
The buses taking runners back to the resorts start at 7am, your husband can catch the first of those and should be there in time to see you finish, but it might be close if you do finish at 7:45. I’ve never used anything but runDisney transportation, so I don’t know about driving

I’m a bit confused about transportation for spectators. (Only my second Rundisney event) I think I’ll probably finish about 7:45-8:00 ish. If my husband wants to be there at the finish line, it looks like he would have to take a bus really early and wait around for 2+ hours which he really doesn’t want to do. Is driving still an option around 7 am? Are there still some roads open to get to Epcot? (Coming from Pop)
He should be able to drive from Pop without issue if he doesn't want to grab a bus. Take Victory Way to Buena Vista to World Drive. Check out the road closure map to see what's open.

https://www.rundisneyexpo.run/disney-wine-dine-half-marathon?show=clnxa3wl0000k356uir5pxq9u

Here’s a question for the club runDisney folks who have used it for expo merch. I bought into the club to guarantee next years registrations but now as an added plus can hit the expo early tomorrow.

Can I bring a guest (DW)?
Is it just show up early and walk past the VQ folks and show an ID?

Thanks! Have a great race weekend everyone

Here’s a question for the club runDisney folks who have used it for expo merch. I bought into the club to guarantee next years registrations but now as an added plus can hit the expo early tomorrow.

Can I bring a guest (DW)?
Is it just show up early and walk past the VQ folks and show an ID?

Thanks! Have a great race weekend everyone
No guests (as far as I’m aware), and yes, you just show up early and look for the relevant (gold or platinum) flag that will be your check in point. You’ll come to that before you come to the line for VQ folks

Is there an actual RunDisney club card, or can I just show a screenshot of my phone with my ID? If there was one in the box, I forgot to grab it before we left home.

Is there an actual RunDisney club card, or can I just show a screenshot of my phone with my ID? If there was one in the box, I forgot to grab it before we left home.
Mine had an actual card but I think they’ll just need an ID to check

Group 3. I've never had an early enough boarding group to experience the process before. Basically, if you're groups 1-3, you get called at 9:30 to scan your QR code, then they line you up inside in another holding areas line until 10am.

Figment stuff is scarce and already on eBay. All the dark purple shirts and medal replica pins are gone.
There really needs to be a better way to handle this where Disney still makes their money but runnners can get the merch they want. I’m not picking up my bib until late afternoon and not even sure I’ll bother going to the runDisney merch areas.

It was literally Platinum members reselling stuff. Shirts were being ripped out of hands and some guy went bonkers I guess on one lady because she had two of each size of the figment shirts and was listing while she sat there. I wasn’t there to see it, but a girl I waited in line with told me.

There really needs to be a better way to handle this where Disney still makes their money but runnners can get the merch they want. I’m not picking up my bib until late afternoon and not even sure I’ll bother going to the runDisney merch areas.
It makes you wonder how many non runners just $ for club RD for the early shopping access to flip because the fact they can sell out of items before the expo even opens to the general public is a bad look

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter