Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2023 (Nov. 2-5, 2023)

I tried to do that, but it was missing that I signed my waiver. All it shows in my wallet is name, race and DOB.
if you click on the three little dots in the top right corner when you open the pass on Apple Wallet and then click "pass details" it has the rest of your information.

24xxx for the Challenge
43xxx for the 5K

Looking like I'm in the last corral for the challenge based on last year's data. Womp womp. I'm not super concerned about being swept and I don't run all that fast, but I hate starting so late. I put my estimated time between 2:15-2:30 for reference (which honestly is not too far off this year after losing some weight and getting some speed back).
Same

I tried to do that, but it was missing that I signed my waiver. All it shows in my wallet is name, race and DOB.
Click on the "i" on the bottom of the screen. That pulls up all of your relevant information.

Also fcst for Sunday morning has changed towards more rain… would the event be cancelled if it rains? Or only if there is lightening?
Thanks
Rain = race goes on. If there’s dangerous weather in the area - lightning, tornadoes, heavy winds - they’ll do everything they can to still hold a race, including dealing the start and/or cutting the length of the course. If they can’t manage to hold it in some way safely, they’ll cancel. Keep an eye on rD social channels and/or check the race guide for updates.
I'm packed and ready to go. Has anyone been successful with the check-in document that was supposed to be released yesterday? What do I do if I am traveling and haven't received it yet?

Also, what are things you are mentally telling yourself to make sure you pack? How many pairs of running shoes doe you bring for the 5K & Challenge?
I have lists. Many lists. I can’t trust my brain to keep track of packing needs! Outfits and potential throwaway layers are already packed, as well as a base layer of non-race clothes: I can always tops in jackets/sweaters/etc. last minute if the forecast looks chilly. I like to have. A pair of shoes for each race, just in case any one of them winds up super soggy… but I also drive to the race, so packing lots of extras isn’t a big deal.

Pro tips for potential rain:
Ponchos are your friend, but if it’s also windy, have a binder clip or two on hand to attach the poncho to a hat/visor brim. Poncho + aMylar blanket wrapped around your legs sarong-style is the pinnacle of pre-race rainy comfort. Toss in a fleece blanket underneath in cold rain and you’ll be toasty and dry!

Got an old umbrella you’re willing to part with? They’re pretty great for the start area walking until you’re packed into a corral. But only if it’s not also windy.

I run in rain a LOT and never have foot issues - I thank my SmartWool socks for that. But a good coat of Vaseline isn’t a bad idea if you’re prone to blisters.

NEWSPAPER! Nothing beats it for speeding up the drying time of wet shoes. Pull out the sockliners, pack with newspaper. Change the paper out in a few hours. Repeat another time or two until mostly dry. (If you can’t access newspaper, WDW restroom paper towels will work - just not as well and it requires a LOT more of them to do the job.)

Phone’s not waterproof? Ziploc baggie for it. Ditto for car key fobs.

My bib number for the half marathon is 323. Anyone know which corral I will be in?

Rain doesn’t change my plans much, except I’ll be less happy. If it’s heavy rain, I’ll wear a raincoat… probably.

Whether or not it’s raining, I’m still wearing Body Glide anywhere I might chafe, including feet. If you don’t have some and are worried about chafing, you can get it at the race expo.

Low 21XXX for the challenge - not sure exactly where that would land me but I assume (hope) B?

Rain doesn’t change my plans much, except I’ll be less happy. If it’s heavy rain, I’ll wear a raincoat… probably.

Whether or not it’s raining, I’m still wearing Body Glide anywhere I might chafe, including feet. If you don’t have some and are worried about chafing, you can get it at the race expo.
Another option: I used diaper paste (Desitin) very liberally on my feet before compression socks, as well as other delicate areas. I ran/walked 19 5Ks within 24 hours and never got a blister, and it helped when I was slogging through trail/mud. It does not come off easily, however, so be aware if you have special clothing.

This might help add some clarity to the corral questions.

View attachment 806709
I saw this last night and it cannot be accurate for corral placement, at least for the challenge. There is no way someone with 22269 is going to end up in D and if 24793 is in E, that would mean that basically half of all challenge participants would also be in E, which can't be right. At least this is all what I'm telling myself because my number is after 24793 and I better not be in E. 🤣

I saw this last night and it cannot be accurate for corral placement, at least for the challenge. There is no way someone with 22269 is going to end up in D and if 24793 is in E, that would mean that basically half of all challenge participants would also be in E, which can't be right. At least this is all what I'm telling myself because my number is after 24793 and I better not be in E. 🤣
I would guess those are the bib numbers of the pacers, and they may have bibs based on their own personal POT. But since they are pacing, they would drop back to the corrals where their pace group would be.

I’m a bit confused about transportation for spectators. (Only my second Rundisney event) I think I’ll probably finish about 7:45-8:00 ish. If my husband wants to be there at the finish line, it looks like he would have to take a bus really early and wait around for 2+ hours which he really doesn’t want to do. Is driving still an option around 7 am? Are there still some roads open to get to Epcot? (Coming from Pop)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter