Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2023 (Nov. 2-5, 2023)

FYI for anyone staying at an Epcot or surrounding area resort. Not really the most ideal timing for that Saturday test if you’re in a room close to World Showcase and trying to sleep. Fireworks Testing to Take Place Overnight at EPCOT on November 1 & 4, 2023 - https://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2023/10/fireworks-testing-to-take-place.html
This is terrible. Not only do park operations impact the race route and start times, they can’t wait a day so the runners could get a good nights sleep?

Do we know which attractions will be open at the post-race party? Will they all close from 9pm (official park close) until 10pm (official start of the party) or will they stay open during that one hour? What about the F&W booths?

Can we use G+ and/or $ILL if we just have party tickets, if we arrive before 9pm?

Do we know which attractions will be open at the post-race party? Will they all close from 9pm (official park close) until 10pm (official start of the party) or will they stay open during that one hour? What about the F&W booths?
In the past, they've opened queues for rides immediately after fireworks. In 2021, we did Frozen right after fireworks and waited about 15 min for people in front of us. In 2022, we lined up outside of guardians before fireworks with cast members telling us the ride would not begin loading until 10 pm. During fireworks they let us into the building queue area still informing us that the ride would not begin operating until 10 pm. I think somewhere between 9:15 and 9:30 pm they started the operating the ride and we were on just after 9:30 pm.

Attractions during the party: Test Track, Soarin’, Journey Into Imagination, Frozen Ever After, Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure and Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind

Last edited:
In the past, they've opened queues for rides immediately after fireworks. In 2021, we did Frozen right after fireworks and waited about 15 min for people in front of us. In 2022, we lined up outside of guardians before fireworks with cast members telling us the ride would not begin loading until 10 pm. During fireworks they let us into the building queue area still informing us that the ride would not begin operating until 10 pm. I think somewhere between 9:15 and 9:30 pm they started the operating the ride and we were on just after 9:30 pm.

Attractions during the party: Test Track, Soarin’, Journey Into Imagination, Frozen Ever After, Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure and Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind
It really depends. Last year, they let us in the queue and on Ratatouille during fireworks.

Also fcst for Sunday morning has changed towards more rain… would the event be cancelled if it rains? Or only if there is lightening?
Thanks

Would you pls remind me if this “check in” is the same as the virtual queue? Or sort of a pre-requisite?
Completely different things. The Expo check-in document is basically just a form that lets you show them that you have already electronically signed your waiver when you go to pick up your bib.

Also fcst for Sunday morning has changed towards more rain… would the event be cancelled if it rains? Or only if there is lightening?
Thanks
No, IIRC W&D 2021 was a rainy weather weekend in general and the races went ahead. The last time they cancelled a race was due to more severe weather conditions, I believe lightning for a MW half a few years back (2019?).

No, IIRC W&D 2021 was a rainy weather weekend in general and the races went ahead. The last time they cancelled a race was due to more severe weather conditions, I believe lightning for a MW half a few years back (2019?).
The MW half cancellation was 2017. There were extensive thunderstorms rolling through in the early morning hours when runners and volunteers would've been staging.

W&D was cut short a few years back after thunderstorms delayed the start and then left damage on parts of the course. It was the one referred to as "half of a half". I think it was W&D the year before that that was run in heavy rain and is referred to as the "splash and dash".

Thanks
It was pouring rain during the early part of the W&d half last year and the race went on. It was kind of fun, to be honest.

you can see some of the raindrops in this picture—you can’t tell, but my dress was soaked—but thankfully, it dried fast once the rain stopped.
IMG_3684.jpeg

The MW half cancellation was 2017. There were extensive thunderstorms rolling through in the early morning hours when runners and volunteers would've been staging.

W&D was cut short a few years back after thunderstorms delayed the start and then left damage on parts of the course. It was the one referred to as "half of a half". I think it was W&D the year before that that was run in heavy rain and is referred to as the "splash and dash".
You our correct, 2017 MW half. We all got our medals and race fee refunded on a gift card! To top it off, many of us ran it anyways in the rain that morning. I got the medal, I had to earn it. Shops in Disney springs set up water stations for runners that were using the shops as part of their course. Probably one of my favorite races ever!

Would you pls remind me if this “check in” is the same as the virtual queue? Or sort of a pre-requisite?
The expo pass is basically a replacement for a paper waver it will show your name, bib number, if you signed the virtual waiver or if you need a paper one this is used to pick up bibs
VQ is for event merchandise and character meets Thursday
Thanks
Everest in 2021 was cut to more of a 4-4.5k

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter