Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2023 (Nov. 2-5, 2023)

Hi I'm sorry if this has been asked and I missed it in my skim through this thread but I have a merch question:-)

This will be my first RunDisney event (doing the 10k - oof to that course lol,) and I wanted to grab some ears since I collect them. Can non-runners buy the items? My husband will be in Orlando early and offered to get them Thursday for me but I figured I could just get there early on Friday, but now I'm worried about them being sold out. I don't want to inconvenience him if I don't have to especially since I'll have to go in person to get my bib anyway.

Thanks for the help and I hope to see some people there! I'm dressing as Gaston!

I’m platinum CrD and my email says we can enter at 8:30am and gold members at 9:00am. Not sure if they start the VQ prior to that time or at the same time.

I want to skip the VQ/mad dash for merch, but literally the only thing I collect from the races are the mini medal pins and they sell out super fast. And I'm not about to pay triple the price to a stupid reseller.
I mostly do the medal replica/logo pins and magnets …
Last Wine & Dine there were no pre-orders we were group 50 got in just after noon and there were maybe a dozen medal replica pins left on the shelf

Springtime I was group 44 got in at 1130 and the 10k medal pins were long gone

I sucked it up and pre ordered pins… I’m hoping that they will let me return/repurchase with my AP discount like they did with springtime pre orders
Hi I'm sorry if this has been asked and I missed it in my skim through this thread but I have a merch question:-)

This will be my first RunDisney event (doing the 10k - oof to that course lol,) and I wanted to grab some ears since I collect them. Can non-runners buy the items? My husband will be in Orlando early and offered to get them Thursday for me but I figured I could just get there early on Friday, but now I'm worried about them being sold out. I don't want to inconvenience him if I don't have to especially since I'll have to go in person to get my bib anyway.

Thanks for the help and I hope to see some people there! I'm dressing as Gaston!
Non runners are more than welcome to shop in the athletic center (venders) and arena (official merchandise) hence why all the eBay flippers try to scoop up the lower VQ numbers to stock up their shops

At the passholder trunk sale they did in the arena in September I saw sooo many people going live on Instagram/tik tok taking orders

Is anyone who's registered for the Half or the challenge still waiting for their AH Party ticket to arrive?

I don’t know if says more about rundisney or disboards, but these race weekend threads used to have wayyyy more comments to catch up on if I hadn’t read them for a week.

I don’t know if says more about rundisney or disboards, but these race weekend threads used to have wayyyy more comments to catch up on if I hadn’t read them for a week.
Yeah, I've been a bit surprised at how much of a ghost town this thread has been in the weeks leading up to race weekend. Are people just not as excited this year? It's my first W&D weekend and I'm counting down the hours at this point.

I suspect it’s at least partly because we no longer have the pre-race weekend chatter about corrals, since nobody gets their corral placement until they get their bibs now. That used to take up many, many pages lol!

I am surprised we’ve not discussed WEATHER at all yet, though… :duck:
(FTR, yes, it’s still too early to know anything with certainty. Am I starting to look, anyway? You bet. Do I actually trust it? NOPE. :rotfl:)

I suspect it’s at least partly because we no longer have the pre-race weekend chatter about corrals, since nobody gets their corral placement until they get their bibs now. That used to take up many, many pages lol!

I am surprised we’ve not discussed WEATHER at all yet, though… :duck:
(FTR, yes, it’s still too early to know anything with certainty. Am I starting to look, anyway? You bet. Do I actually trust it? NOPE. :rotfl:)
I have been doing the same, looks like it will be pretty warm but better than standing around in the cold at 3am!

Yeah, I've been a bit surprised at how much of a ghost town this thread has been in the weeks leading up to race weekend. Are people just not as excited this year? It's my first W&D weekend and I'm counting down the hours at this point.
Expo passes are emailed next week (Monday, I think) and our bib numbers will be on them. Lots of chatter and speculation about corral placements happen on those days.

It’s annoying that post-Covid they no longer publish the corral breakdown. Oh sorry….”start groups” 🙄

Expo passes are emailed next week (Monday, I think) and our bib numbers will be on them. Lots of chatter and speculation about corral placements happen on those days.

It’s annoying that post-Covid they no longer publish the corral breakdown. Oh sorry….”start groups” 🙄
bummer! i'm anxious to find out

I should probably order some Mylar blankets, ponchos and hand warmers. All my stuff is still packed in boxes from our move (waiting on closet installation). I’m usually ok if I go out my door straight to running in those temps, but I will freeze standing around waiting for the races to start.

I’m seeing lows in the low 60s and realizing I need throwaway layers :rotfl2: I did make sure I still have ponchos on hand: 3 left in my stash, so good to go.:thumbsup2
Last year for Goofy I literally asked one of the ladies cleaning the lobby at Beach Club each morning for a large black trash bag and I used it to keep warm until the race started. They both looked at me like I was crazy (and also didn't speak English very well which I think added to the confusion) as they handed me an empty trash bag. 🤣

I got mine in the mail about a week and a half ago.
Starting to get a little nervous - only 4 more mail delivery days until I leave. Anyone know if Disney will replace a ticket that hasn't been received? (Still don't understand why they can't just send e-tickets rather than physical cards).

Starting to get a little nervous - only 4 more mail delivery days until I leave. Anyone know if Disney will replace a ticket that hasn't been received? (Still don't understand why they can't just send e-tickets rather than physical cards).
They do - others can probably shed more light than I, but I know this happens to many every year and they always are able to get their tickets at the expo! I vaguely recall seeing a booth or table for just that purpose last year.

Last year for Goofy I literally asked one of the ladies cleaning the lobby at Beach Club each morning for a large black trash bag and I used it to keep warm until the race started. They both looked at me like I was crazy (and also didn't speak English very well which I think added to the confusion) as they handed me an empty trash bag. 🤣

Until I moved to FL I didn’t realize just how cold it gets. Up north it was a different kind of cold because there was so little moisture in the air. I do not miss the dry skin and hair in the winter LOL!!! It’s so different in FL because we still have such high humidity. So instead of hot and wet it’s cold and wet.

Just saw this on FB and I probably need it.

1698260068329.png

Yes, they will do it at the expo. There’s a ticket window somewhere at ESPN. International runners pick theirs up there as well.

Looks like it’s the same building as merch.

1698260249430.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter