Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2023 (Nov. 2-5, 2023)

That should be run in reverse if there’s any way. That sidewalk between 3 and 4 gets congested. Anyone in the back corrals are going to be a little angry
I was in one of the later corrals, and I basically had to walk most of the course a little past Boardwalk until DHS. I got a little frustrated, but I reminded myself that I don't run this race for PRs. 😉 I actually feel worse for the people in the faster corrals who may not be running for a PR, but still don't want to be slowed down SO much.

Okay, I’ll be the lone dissenter: I’m perfectly happy with that course! Was perfectly happy with last year’s course! I’ll just be happy to be there! I even enjoy highway stretches and overpasses! :duck::rotfl:

Which, to be clear, is not meant to invalidate how anyone else feels: you should feel however you happen to feel about the course. :flower3:

Okay, I’ll be the lone dissenter: I’m perfectly happy with that course! Was perfectly happy with last year’s course! I’ll just be happy to be there! I even enjoy highway stretches and overpasses! :duck::rotfl:

Which, to be clear, is not meant to invalidate how anyone else feels: you should feel however you happen to feel about the course. :flower3:
You are not alone, I liked last year and will enjoy this year. I am fortunate though to usually start up front and like getting BW to HS out of the way early, I can see how later corals will bottleneck depending on how runners are spread out. I wish they would give more info on just how many runners there are.

Seems pretty clear that they don't want to (or can't, at the moment) run buses and have the separate start and finish points to make the prior course work.

You are not alone, I liked last year and will enjoy this year. I am fortunate though to usually start up front and like getting BW to HS out of the way early, I can see how later corals will bottleneck depending on how runners are spread out. I wish they would give more info on just how many runners there are.
I know I didn’t start way in the back, but whichever was the first corral to not need PoT - I started in the far back of that. I don’t recall having any major issues with bottlenecking… but will concede that it’s been a year and my memory for those things isn’t great unless the situation was especially egregious (looking at you, Inaugural Dark Side 10K and Half) :rotfl:
Seems pretty clear that they don't want to (or can't, at the moment) run buses and have the separate start and finish points to make the prior course work.
Again, I’m probably an outlier, but I really, really dislike the point-to-point courses and am happy it’s not that. I drive to the races in part to avoid the buses, so driving and then a long walk to a bus to get to the start was never fun. Less fun the last time when my bus took a wrong turn and wound up in Kissimmee.

I think part of the reason they begin all the races at Epcot now is to route all the runners through the security that is set up there.

I just miss running through Animal Kingdom.

Again, I’m probably an outlier, but I really, really dislike the point-to-point courses and am happy it’s not that. I drive to the races in part to avoid the buses, so driving and then a long walk to a bus to get to the start was never fun. Less fun the last time when my bus took a wrong turn and wound up in Kissimmee.
It's all good. I'm not doing this one but I thought the post-HS portion of the ten miler earlier this year was bleh and this just seems like more of it. Ideally it would be nice if they could find a way to loop AK into this route but I'm going to assume that it's just not feasible.

It's all good. I'm not doing this one but I thought the post-HS portion of the ten miler earlier this year was bleh and this just seems like more of it. Ideally it would be nice if they could find a way to loop AK into this route but I'm going to assume that it's just not feasible.
It’s very feasible - instead of the long loop on miles 5-11, just cut over to DAK and back. But that would entail shaving off an hour or two of operating hours on a slow Sunday morning, so the runners lose out.

I’m going with “can‘t.” They ran the course from TTC in 2021 during the height of the staffing issues (particularly with bus transportation). I do think Epcots am easier staging area in terms of security

Like some PPs have said I’m pretty sure they are keeping an Epcot start/finish now is purely for security staging purposes
If the spirit jersey was the same teal color as the weekend shirt and some of the other merch I’d be all for it… may need to check out the lug bags if they aren’t already scooped up by resellers and personal shoppers by the time my merch time is called
(I was group 44 at Springtime and passholder merch and 10k medal pins were already wiped clean… was able to get what was needed with group 50 something at last years Wine & Dine being called a half hour later though)
Is it me or is the merch preview earlier than past races?
Yep… I fully suspect all the personal shoppers that didn’t buy into club RunDisney for the early access will be sitting in the WWoS parking lot pounding that app at 830 to get a low shopping pass number

Also usually courses are out first aren’t they

Heya! I forgot to buy a ticket for the post-race party for my little brother and now they are sold out 😥 -- if anyone is thinking of selling theirs or isn't planning on attending, I'd happily take it off your hands 😊 (I am willing to pay a little extra for it too).
I have two post race party tickets for sale.

Helllllooooo!!! I deferred NY marathon to next year and I was able to secure a challenge bib this morning. Of course I now need a party ticket for my husband. If there is a meet up at HH on Saturday, I can pay for it there!
I have two party tickets for sale.

Do I need another running shirt/jacket? Absolutely not.

Am I getting the Figement I did it shirt and running jacket? Yes, yes I am.
So tempted by the figment jacket but I don't get in until Thursday and it'll likely be gone by then - likely better for my wallet anyway given MW and DL coming up quickly and I suspect I will need every dollar for DL merch :)

So tempted by the figment jacket but I don't get in until Thursday and it'll likely be gone by then - likely better for my wallet anyway given MW and DL coming up quickly and I suspect I will need every dollar for DL merch :)
Check Disney Springs (in the D-Trendy store). For Princess, they had a lot of jackets that were "leftover" from the Expo. Same price and a lot to choose from (although only the purple ones were available, but still had them)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter