• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2023 (Nov. 2-5, 2023)

UPDATED: I’ll leave my OG post here, in case it helps anyone but I tried calling again, got another CM, and they successfully added PhotoPass to my AP without charging anything beyond the cost of PhotoPass. As we see over and over again on these boards, it’s always a good idea to ask another CM! :thumbsup2

~~~

Just an FYI not specific to W&D, and might only be a thing for a small number of folks, but that took me by surprise (to put it mildly)…

I renewed my AP online in July, but just noticed today that I neglected to add PhotoPass to it. I did the same thing last year and it was no problem: I called, paid the AP price for PP, and they added it. So I just called to do the same this year - and was told I’d first have to pay the $100+ difference between what my AP renewal cost in July and what the same AP costs today, after prices increased the other day. Only then could I pay the additional $99 to add PP.

Say WHAT?! Nowhere online does it mention that. I’m not entirely convinced that CM was right, TBH, but that is the message I was given. I declined.

So a question at the end of this for folks who don’t use PP for race character pics: are the PP photogs willing to snap pics with your personal phone/camera? I feel certain the spots with extra CMs on hand can do it, but not so sure about those stops where it’s just a sole PP photog on their own. Worst case, I guess I can just ask someone in line.

Last edited:

So a question at the end of this for folks who don’t use PP for race character pics: are the PP photogs willing to snap pics with your personal phone/camera? I feel certain the spots with extra CMs on hand can do it, but not so sure about those stops where it’s just a sole PP photog on their own. Worst case, I guess I can just ask someone in line.
yes. They will do this. (It’s a good practice to have your phone out, camera app open, and ready to go when it’s almost your turn. As a general comment, not directed at you 😉 )

If there’s only ONE cm working a stop (the pp person) people behind you in line are generally very happy to help.

Meetup Saturday at 2:00 at Hurricane Hannah’s? I always enjoy seeing many of you.
Right now I have a 135 Oga’s but I could reshuffle things if my sister wanted to pop in (though I doubt she’d be as flexible as my friend was during springtime)

UPDATED: I’ll leave my OG post here, in case it helps anyone but I tried calling again, got another CM, and they successfully added PhotoPass to my AP without charging anything beyond the cost of PhotoPass. As we see over and over again on these boards, it’s always a good idea to ask another CM! :thumbsup2

~~~

Just an FYI not specific to W&D, and might only be a thing for a small number of folks, but that took me by surprise (to put it mildly)…

I renewed my AP online in July, but just noticed today that I neglected to add PhotoPass to it. I did the same thing last year and it was no problem: I called, paid the AP price for PP, and they added it. So I just called to do the same this year - and was told I’d first have to pay the $100+ difference between what my AP renewal cost in July and what the same AP costs today, after prices increased the other day. Only then could I pay the additional $99 to add PP.

Say WHAT?! Nowhere online does it mention that. I’m not entirely convinced that CM was right, TBH, but that is the message I was given. I declined.

Thank you for this reminder!!! Just called WDW and the CM added Photopass to my AP! Easy and took maybe less than 8 minutes.

Anyone else hoping that the Event Guide will drop today? I need something exciting in my life right now. Lol.
I assume it's coming in the next week, but I keep checking the forum in case anyone else sees it first or has access to the google map plots of the courses like someone shared early last year. I missed the AK section last year.

That should be run in reverse if there’s any way. That sidewalk between 3 and 4 gets congested. Anyone in the back corrals are going to be a little angry

The course frustrates me and I just want the course with three parks back. :(

I did get my ticket in the mail so that's a win. I received my last costume piece today. Booked my airport parking for the lowest price in YEARS!

One more long run this weekend than taper!

That should be run in reverse if there’s any way. That sidewalk between 3 and 4 gets congested. Anyone in the back corrals are going to be a little angry
Not running this year, but definitely getting 2016 Inaugural SWDS bottleneck vibes from the course map. Hope they increase time between the mini waves or do something to spread the field out before it hits that post-Boardwalk area!

Having the bottleneck at the beginning totally kills the momentum vs. at the end. (Yes, I know it can at the end of the race, but seriously, as someone who's mid-pack it was atrocious last year and killed that time I was getting into the groove.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter