Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2023 (Nov. 2-5, 2023)

It is? I’m seeing 146 last year to 151, which doesn’t seem that bad. I’m terrible about keeping an eye on these prices, I just assume it’s going to be rough and try not to pay too much attention to it.
I track without the fee because Disney never used to include the fee in the price until recently. So...

2016 - $120
2017 - $120
2018 - $125
2019 - $127
2020 - $129*
2021 - $135
2022 - $135
2023 - $141.65

337150245_948068446214516_3708248603347999442_n.jpg

from a fb group...

Is this the fastest W&D has sold out? I had warned a friend who was considering it that she needed to be ready to commit when it opened, but I was thinking she had a few days or maybe a week or so even. Needless to say, she missed it. I know this is going to sound so "in my day..." but years ago I registered to run a solid month later.

Is this the fastest W&D has sold out? I had warned a friend who was considering it that she needed to be ready to commit when it opened, but I was thinking she had a few days or maybe a week or so even. Needless to say, she missed it. I know this is going to sound so "in my day..." but years ago I registered to run a solid month later.
I registered for W&D last year after I came back from Marathon Weekend 2022. The 5K was sold out but not the challenge.

According to the sellout thread surprisingly 2020 was the quickest overall sellout. That race weekend was the first time they pivoted to the villains theme (also an anniversary year) and it ended up not happening due to covid.

Post-covid registration has been quite a bit different from pre-covid. Although, the 10mi for SS stayed open for months after it opened (but that’s a weird weekend for a lot of families because of spring break IMO.)

Did anyone else get charged but got an error message and not registered? Have you received your money back yet? Almost a week and we haven’t been refunded

Did anyone else get charged but got an error message and not registered? Have you received your money back yet? Almost a week and we haven’t been refunded
I haven't been refunded yet. Haven't heard a peep back from runDisney on my inquiries either.

What form of payment did you use? I used a gift card. sigh

I haven't been refunded yet. Haven't heard a peep back from runDisney on my inquiries either.

What form of payment did you use? I used a gift card. sigh
Disney seems to be leaning into its core competency of being very good at taking your money but not so hot on delivering on promised experiences.

At this point some of you might consider contesting charges.

Disney seems to be leaning into its core competency of being very good at taking your money but not so hot on delivering on promised experiences.

At this point some of you might consider contesting charges.
Agreed. My plan is to reach out to runDisney again today. If they won't answer (4th times the charm?), then I will start a dispute. Disney gift card services have been very responsive so I will start there. Especially since that's really the one that didn't get a real registration. Also, they were the ones that stated "runDisney has a process in place to assist in restoring your funds." Which doesn't really appear to be the case. Next step would be to dispute the cc charge.

I've been trying to get in touch with tech support for a week now about my DD's registration. No one answers the phone, it goes right to voice mail. I've left several messages, emails and even posted on their social media with zero response so far.

I'm sorry to all of you that are waiting on refunds. It definitely feels like they are severely understaffed.

I've been trying to get in touch with tech support for a week now about my DD's registration. No one answers the phone, it goes right to voice mail. I've left several messages, emails and even posted on their social media with zero response so far.

I'm sorry to all of you that are waiting on refunds. It definitely feels like they are severely understaffed.

It's been a week now.

At this point, it's theft.

My gift card was finally refunded last evening! I called about 3 times over the last week, but they responded to my email request via their website form. Suspiciously close to my email inquiry to Disney gift card services on how to formally dispute the charge. Giving them the benefit of the doubt, it was probably just a coincidence.

Replying to runDisney I offered proof of the gift card and credit card charges. Gave them all the information, and they refunded the money to the gift card.

I asked what steps I can take to ensure this doesn't happen going forward (both runDisney and Gift Card Services). We'll see what they say. :)

I've booked Old Key West for the race weekend. Are we allowed to walk from the resort to the start line? I have read that people used to do that, but I just read somewhere that it's no longer allowed.

I've booked Old Key West for the race weekend. Are we allowed to walk from the resort to the start line? I have read that people used to do that, but I just read somewhere that it's no longer allowed.
No you cannot. You must take a bus and go through security.

We have only been watching since 2019, but is the fastest I recall. The 10k has always gone fast, but the challenge and half I recall lasting days or even weeks in the past. Last year party tickets sold out by the Friday before. That was the first time I ever saw that happen in my limited experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter