Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2023 (Nov. 2-5, 2023)

Well Disney IT certainly lived up to its reputation. In for the 5k and half. Pretty bummed that I couldn’t get in for the challenge. Wine & Dine is my race of choice, and I’ve done five previous challenges. One device wouldn’t let me enter my credit card information, another device rejected my credit card information, a third device logged me out. I thought it couldn’t get worse after the 2023 Marathon Weekend registration fiasco.

Seems like even more complaints on social about people getting registration errors. They really need to figure this out.
as soon as they turn off post approval I'm going to ask in one of the groups if people who were trying to register and getting the payment error if they were registering multiple people, and how big their "cart" value was. Because if it IS that (and from what I've seen, that's what it appears to be) then I'm EXTREMELY nervous for MW registration based on what DH wants to run and what I want to run.

Got challenge and 5k for me, 5k for my wife and 3 family members. Sold out before I could get my oldest in for the challenge (big Figment fan).

If I am understanding correctly, the 5k does not come with post race party tickets right? I've been part of every marathon weekend since 2006 but this will be my first Wine and Dine weekend. Thank you.

Got challenge and 5k for me, 5k for my wife and 3 family members. Sold out before I could get my oldest in for the challenge (big Figment fan).

If I am understanding correctly, the 5k does not come with post race party tickets right? I've been part of every marathon weekend since 2006 but this will be my first Wine and Dine weekend. Thank you.
the half (and the challenge) includes the party ticket. All others wishing to attend the party must purchase a ticket.

1. None of the things rD tells us to do actually work: it is ALWAYS better to have multiple devices going - the first one I used is still sitting at ”more than an hour”, long after the other two went through.

2. I’m honestly surprised things are selling out - I didn’t think they would this fast.

3. I miss Active.
1 - same here once I finally shut everything down.

2 - When everything was still open at an hour, I thought perhaps demand had gone back to "normal". Now it just seems like rD was slowing the queue. I'm still 50/50 about whether to register for the half for MW but I suspect it will be worse than the 2023 registration which is making me lean to skipping 2024. Glad I'd already decided to skip Dopey for a few years.

OMIGOSH! Disfolks, this was the most stressful thing I've dealt in a while! I'm a first time runDisney person, so I had no idea what to expect. I'm thrilled I was able to get DH and I registered, but I'm trying to decide if I need a nap or an adult beverage now. :P

I had both my computer and my phone going, and I had an appointment I had to go to at 10:45 am. My computer queue was still spinning and listing "over an hour", and thankfully my phone queue started moving. So, I took my phone with me as I drove to my appointment, and I was able to get in and register in the parking lot. I was only three minutes late to my 10:45 appointment. But wow, that was crazy stressful.

Because I'm a newbie runDisney person, (and before I started driving) it was great to keep checking this thread to know that I wasn't the only one struggling. I'm grateful for this community and it warmed my heart to see people so willing to help others get registered.

Thank you so much for the support, Disfriends!

I'm still 50/50 about whether to register for the half for MW but I suspect it will be worse than the 2023 registration which is making me lean to skipping 2024. Glad I'd already decided to skip Dopey for a few years.
Same here: I was already planning to skip the marathon, but I’m not sure I want to do any of them if it’s going to be nuts. We’ll see…

OMIGOSH! Disfolks, this was the most stressful thing I've dealt in a while! I'm a first time runDisney person, so I had no idea what to expect. I'm thrilled I was able to get DH and I registered, but I'm trying to decide if I need a nap or an adult beverage now. :P
I wish I could tell you it’ll be different next time, but I find the bolded to be the case EVERY time lol! Congrats on surviving the first hurdle!

Yes just half/challenge have tickets included you can add on tickets for non runners or 5k/10k people in your party ala carte it’s marketed as a hard ticket event

Wow....take the dog for a walk at page 9....come back later to page 27! Looks like everything now sold out. Hope people managed to get what they wanted, but inevitably there will be disappointment.

Now that this is done, is the registration process for the virtual events anywhere near this insane? I registered a friend and her daughter today, but I'm thinking of doing the virtual myself as I love Alice, but I won't be there that weekend. And I'm not really a runner (I cycle), but I really want the medal lol.

DH and I are in for all three. YAY!! After the same registration error glitches as everyone else though. Cherry on top was that I was using a Disney gift card. Which of course means that the payment was deducted with no registration. I was able to eventually complete with a credit card. I've contacted gift card services and will update with what they say.
DH and I went for a run. Definitely adult beverages after the multiple work meetings I have to sit through now! 😆

This was a mess.

I could not register myself and my daughter together for the 5K, it would not even give me the option to click “add another registration”.

So, I registered myself and when I was done and paid I clicked on another browser window I had open and thankfully I was able to register my daughter as well.

I am so glad we are only doing one race this time!!

Any guesses on how soon the party will sell out? Does that usually go on registration day, or can we wait until later?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter