• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2023 (Nov. 2-5, 2023)

I'm registered for the challenge thanks to my club runDisney, but I didn't get my second email so I'm still waiting to get into the 5k.

Being Legacy or Perfect is those who have run every year of the half or challenge. It is not something you can buy/add on.
Like I said I wish it pertained to any distance as I’ve done the 10k since the inaugural in 2016 and really don’t want to be shut out

I’ll update the first post here momentarily with the theme updates and the like, but is anyone apprehensive about signing up for the challenge given what appears to be a tendency lately of the 10K route being an abridged version of the half marathon? I was going to skip this year based on how similar the routes were this last year, but now that Figment challenge shirt/medal combo has me rethinking this.

FWIW, I just did the DHS-Epcot loop twice this morning for a PR in the 10K, so this is also favoriting into my decision making.

I just registered for the Challenge with Give Kids the World and I am so excited! If anyone else is interested, I would email them at run@gktw.org. The guy (DJ) that I spoke to said that they haven't released the official page yet, but he is willing to sign people up right now after a phone call to ensure that they are serious about raising the money and/or have done the charity route before. Feel free to DM me for details!

I don't know if this was posted yet, but there was preorder merch. A TON of it. I had to scroll a long way to get to the register button. Keep that in mind if you are trying to register multiple events.

I assume we'll be able to go back and purchase it later, but as of now it's not showing up under "Buy Products" even though I'm registered for 5K + Challenge

I don't know if this was posted yet, but there was preorder merch. A TON of it. I had to scroll a long way to get to the register button. Keep that in mind if you are trying to register multiple events.

I assume we'll be able to go back and purchase it later, but as of now it's not showing up under "Buy Products" even though I'm registered for 5K + Challenge
It will be available under ‘buy products’ once general registration opens—it was for DL

FWIW, I just did the DHS-Epcot loop twice this morning for a PR in the 10K, so this is also favoriting into my decision making.

Keep in mind that's one of the most congested parts of the course during the race, though. Unless you're starting in A.

Does anyone know the best way to contact runDisney and get a response? I am perfect for the challenge but haven’t received the early registration email. Thank you!

Does anyone know the best way to contact runDisney and get a response? I am perfect for the challenge but haven’t received the early registration email. Thank you!
The contact from online seems to be the only way. It takes a day or two though.

I have a question. On Tuesday I am going to try to register for the half marathon using two different devices. Do I need to create a new account for each device, or can I be logged in as myself and get into the queue on both devices?

I have a question. On Tuesday I am going to try to register for the half marathon using two different devices. Do I need to create a new account for each device, or can I be logged in as myself and get into the queue on both devices?
You can be logged in as yourself on multiple devices

If you can have more devices do so..
And keep this thread open, as many people is kind enough to post queues that might be in better place than the one you have..

Do we think the 2023 half course is going to be the same/similar to W&D 2022 or is there any chance there will be a return to running through AK? I feel really on the fence about attempting to register - I love Encanto but did not love last year's W&D course.

Do we think the 2023 half course is going to be the same/similar to W&D 2022 or is there any chance there will be a return to running through AK? I feel really on the fence about attempting to register - I love Encanto but did not love last year's W&D course.
I really hope they go back to the old course.

I’m gonna assume it’s going to be the same or similar course so they can keep the Epcot-Epcot loop unless they shock us by doing the WDW/princess route through magic

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter