• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2023 (Nov. 2-5, 2023)

Joining the fun! We booked our room ages ago when military discounts came out. (I run with my BFF so we are booked in our favorite, a princess room at POR.) We're perfect for the challenge so will definitely be registering for that. I love the Alice theme, but don't feel compelled to do three early mornings anymore so I think we're skipping it in favor of a full park day. (I'm a teacher so my time off is limited.). We really debated as we're also celebrating another friend's milestone birthday and she's only doing the 5K and 10K since her family will be with her, but I think we're sticking to our guns.

Hi everyone I have a question about registration for the W&D half marathon next week. This will be my first RD event, though I've run many half marathons before.

Registration opens at 10am on March 21. I can be on my computer right at 10. But, I will have to leave (to teach a class) around 10:45, and then won't be back at my computer until around 12:30.

How worried should I be about not being able to register? Will 45 minutes (10-10:45) be plenty of time? Will there still be slots left by 12:30? Thanks!

Hi everyone I have a question about registration for the W&D half marathon next week. This will be my first RD event, though I've run many half marathons before.

Registration opens at 10am on March 21. I can be on my computer right at 10. But, I will have to leave (to teach a class) around 10:45, and then won't be back at my computer until around 12:30.

How worried should I be about not being able to register? Will 45 minutes (10-10:45) be plenty of time? Will there still be slots left by 12:30? Thanks!
There’s a decent chance that 45 minutes will be long enough to register, or to find out that everything is sold out. Edited to add: assuming runDisney’s IT is working—if that fails (as is known to happen) all bets are off

This thread has all the recent sell-out times

Definitely check the thread that @Naomeri linked to because @DopeyBadger also included very detailed posts on how to register with tips. Also, when registration starts, people here will share Queue Id's that they don't need, and it may then be possible to get one with better timing than you may have gotten on your own.

For the 2022 WDW Marathon Weekend I was signed up for Dopey at 10:30. For the 2024 DL half, which had unexplained delays in getting people into the queue, it was 11:00 (and I missed the challenge, which I prob would have gotten if it weren’t for strange glitches once I hit the registration page).

A lot depends on RD’s site working properly. If it does I think you have a pretty good shot. Not a guarantee that you get in, but a good shot.

(FWIW I’ve stated here that I’m optimistic that this registration won’t be as chaotic as it has for the past handful of registration days. Others are less so and to be fair they have good reasons to feel this way!)

I’m in the worried camp between the past few registrations and the figment of it all I’m a big ball of anxiety and my priority is only just the 10k (5k if it’s not sold out once my 10k is locked)

Looking for registration advice 🤞I am hoping to do the Challenge and the 5km and I’ll be registering my daughter for the 5km and 10km.
What order should I attempt it? I read for the post by @DopeyBadger so I’m thinking:
#1 her 10km
#2 our 5km
#3 the challenge for me? Thoughts? 😀

Looking for registration advice 🤞I am hoping to do the Challenge and the 5km and I’ll be registering my daughter for the 5km and 10km.
What order should I attempt it? I read for the post by @DopeyBadger so I’m thinking:
#1 her 10km
#2 our 5km
That would be my initial guess as well but... the challenge could prove popular this year with figment so its hard to truly say.

#1 her 10km
#2 our 5km

First question you have to ask yourself is, are you ok with not having a certain event and having others? If it's all or nothing, then just register all the races at the same time (you just hit the "add registration" button). But if you're fine with getting a 10k bib and not a 5k bib, then you could consider registering for each of them as separate transactions.

After that consideration, the number one thing that's going to dictate whether you get what you want at registration is the speed at which your queue ID lets you in. If you have one device with one window, and the queue ID gives you a wait time of 45 min, then it'll be 45 min before you get a chance to register. Waiting those 45 min is going to take far longer then how long it'll take to actually type the information in at registration to secure the 4 bibs you're after. So unless runDisney changes the current system of allowing a single user account to open multiple windows on multiple devices, then it's to your advantage to do just that. Personally, it makes sense for them to limit a single user account to a single attempt at queue ID, but that's a separate tangent. So focus on that part of the registration process to increase your odds you'll get the 4 bibs you're looking for.

As a personal anecdote, Disneyland 2024 was a pretty competitive registration. I had 12 windows open on 6 different devices. When the wait times were populated, I had one at 15 min, one at 35 min, a few in 50-59 min, and mostly >60 min. Of those 12, only one would have gotten me a 5k bib, and only about half would have gotten me a challenge bib before they sold out. Remember, if you get the lowest wait time on your non-preferred device, then just email the queue ID link to yourself on your favorite device for the actual registration part.

Lastly, once you're in, I would recommend adjusting your registration plan based on how quickly you get to the registration page. You can see past timing for W&D registration below:

Wine and Dine

2022 Race
Start (link)
No more queue after 37 min (link)
10k sold out in 39 min (link)
5k sold out in 49 min (link)
HM sold out in 30 hours (link)
Challenge sold out in 1.5 weeks (link)

2021 Race (1st race registration since COVID-19 cancellations)
Start (link)
Queues stating wait longer than 1 hr (link)
No more queue after 41 min (link)
10k sold out in 55 min (link); Momentarily at 4:15 hrs post opening, it was noted that the 10k was open again (link)
5k sold out in 6 days (link)
*All races reopened 2.5 weeks after registration (link)
*All races continued to periodically reopen.

2020 Race (Reduced availability?? or Villain theme??)
Start (link)
5k and 10k sold out in 46 min (link)
Challenge sold out in 86 min (link)
Half Marathon sold out in 126 min (link)
*2020 registration was March 10th, 2020 which was before most of the world pivoted due to COVID-19. So it's hard to say this race actually did have reduced capacity. It is more likely that this race sold out quickly due to an anniversary year in combination with the newly announced Villains theme. 2021 will also be Villain themed.

2019 Race
Start (link)
10k sold out in 84 min (link)
5k sold out in 8.5 hrs (link)
HM sold out in three days (link)
Challenge sold out in May when registration was in March (link)
*There were brief occasions when these races opened back up again for a few moments.

**Couldn't find the 2018 Wine and Dine thread

2017 Race
Start (link)
10k sold out in 3 weeks (link)
HM sold out in 4 weeks (link)
5k sold out in 5 weeks (link)
*No mention of when Challenge sold out

Based on this, the fastest anything has sold out is about 40 min or so. Could it be faster this year? Sure, it's possible. But historically this is how fast things sell out for this weekend. So if you get into the registration page in 20 min, then you're probably pretty safe in doing all four bibs in a single transaction. Yes, it'll take you about 2-3 min to add the additional 5k and Challenge bibs alongside the 10k bib, but that timing pales in comparison to actually getting into the registration page. If you're closer to 30-35 min after registration, then you're getting closer to what historically has been the sell out timing for the 10k. The Challenge historically has taken 1.5 weeks, never, 86 min, months, and never to sell out. So while it's no guarantee, the challenge bib is pretty safe if you're on at the time of registration opening.

Hope that helps!

Assuming a fast sellout of the half (and I’m not at all convinced it will be, but for now let’s assume), how long it takes for you to get through the digital waiting room is a total guess: I’ve gotten through in seconds, and I’ve gotten through in well over an hour when the system had issues, and everything in between - and I’ve done nothing different at my end. I think if it’s really important to you to get in, you might consider having someone who can wait it out register for you… which all but guarantees that it’s not a fast sellout and you could have waited until 12:30 because that’s Murphy’s First Law of rD Registration. :rotfl:

First question you have to ask yourself is, are you ok with not having a certain event and having others? If it's all or nothing, then just register all the races at the same time (you just hit the "add registration" button). But if you're fine with getting a 10k bib and not a 5k bib, then you could consider registering for each of them as separate transactions.

After that consideration, the number one thing that's going to dictate whether you get what you want at registration is the speed at which your queue ID lets you in. If you have one device with one window, and the queue ID gives you a wait time of 45 min, then it'll be 45 min before you get a chance to register. Waiting those 45 min is going to take far longer then how long it'll take to actually type the information in at registration to secure the 4 bibs you're after. So unless runDisney changes the current system of allowing a single user account to open multiple windows on multiple devices, then it's to your advantage to do just that. Personally, it makes sense for them to limit a single user account to a single attempt at queue ID, but that's a separate tangent. So focus on that part of the registration process to increase your odds you'll get the 4 bibs you're looking for.

As a personal anecdote, Disneyland 2024 was a pretty competitive registration. I had 12 windows open on 6 different devices. When the wait times were populated, I had one at 15 min, one at 35 min, a few in 50-59 min, and mostly >60 min. Of those 12, only one would have gotten me a 5k bib, and only about half would have gotten me a challenge bib before they sold out. Remember, if you get the lowest wait time on your non-preferred device, then just email the queue ID link to yourself on your favorite device for the actual registration part.

Lastly, once you're in, I would recommend adjusting your registration plan based on how quickly you get to the registration page. You can see past timing for W&D registration below:

Wine and Dine

2022 Race
Start (link)
No more queue after 37 min (link)
10k sold out in 39 min (link)
5k sold out in 49 min (link)
HM sold out in 30 hours (link)
Challenge sold out in 1.5 weeks (link)

2021 Race (1st race registration since COVID-19 cancellations)
Start (link)
Queues stating wait longer than 1 hr (link)
No more queue after 41 min (link)
10k sold out in 55 min (link); Momentarily at 4:15 hrs post opening, it was noted that the 10k was open again (link)
5k sold out in 6 days (link)
*All races reopened 2.5 weeks after registration (link)
*All races continued to periodically reopen.

2020 Race (Reduced availability?? or Villain theme??)
Start (link)
5k and 10k sold out in 46 min (link)
Challenge sold out in 86 min (link)
Half Marathon sold out in 126 min (link)
*2020 registration was March 10th, 2020 which was before most of the world pivoted due to COVID-19. So it's hard to say this race actually did have reduced capacity. It is more likely that this race sold out quickly due to an anniversary year in combination with the newly announced Villains theme. 2021 will also be Villain themed.

2019 Race
Start (link)
10k sold out in 84 min (link)
5k sold out in 8.5 hrs (link)
HM sold out in three days (link)
Challenge sold out in May when registration was in March (link)
*There were brief occasions when these races opened back up again for a few moments.

**Couldn't find the 2018 Wine and Dine thread

2017 Race
Start (link)
10k sold out in 3 weeks (link)
HM sold out in 4 weeks (link)
5k sold out in 5 weeks (link)
*No mention of when Challenge sold out

Based on this, the fastest anything has sold out is about 40 min or so. Could it be faster this year? Sure, it's possible. But historically this is how fast things sell out for this weekend. So if you get into the registration page in 20 min, then you're probably pretty safe in doing all four bibs in a single transaction. Yes, it'll take you about 2-3 min to add the additional 5k and Challenge bibs alongside the 10k bib, but that timing pales in comparison to actually getting into the registration page. If you're closer to 30-35 min after registration, then you're getting closer to what historically has been the sell out timing for the 10k. The Challenge historically has taken 1.5 weeks, never, 86 min, months, and never to sell out. So while it's no guarantee, the challenge bib is pretty safe if you're on at the time of registration opening.

Hope that helps!
Incredibly helpful and THANK YOU!

I know it doesn’t matter what distance you actually select to join the queue as there is a drop down menu when you get into register where you select your event which makes me wonder if initially clicking on one distance would be more favorable than another????

I know it doesn’t matter what distance you actually select to join the queue as there is a drop down menu when you get into register where you select your event which makes me wonder if initially clicking on one distance would be more favorable than another????
I think it's a Disney IT mystery to be honest. But I tend to click on different distance links on my different devices, and last time (for the DL 2024 races) that worked well. One was drastically ahead of the others.

Got my email for.lagacy registration today! So glad I do not have to worry about registration!
I wish they did legacy for more than just the half/challenge distance cause knowing I’d have early access to the 10k w/o being Crd Gold/Platinum would ease anxiety

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter