Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2022 (Nov. 3-6, 2022)

CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE THIS WEEKEND! I was a soft “yes” when I started this thread, and have since battled Covid, a hospitalization, and in the last few weeks, the flu! Wasn’t sure if this was going to happen, but it did. What a blast! I hope everyone has enjoyed themselves as much as I have! On to 2023!

To all who will be wearing their medals to the park, be aware that I’m already having lots of paint chipping. The inside of my challenge medal, which is surrounded by the golden exterior, had the bottom portion of the word “MILES” start to rub off. Now it has the Genie saying “I did it!’ right above “19.3 MILFS.”

Also, was it just me or were there a lot of slick portions where the road slanted? I was walking at heavy portions by then but can’t imagine that was too safe for the runners
Were you also on the paint lines? At MW I got onto the grass since I could actually get traction and the painted lines were very slick!

Let me tell you how fast I SPRINTED to Ferb. It was my fastest pace at 6:25 😂

I was so surprised! My magic band is Phineas and Ferb 😁
I was right near to the guy who carries a costumed Grogu on a stand when he saw Ferb—Grogu was Perry the Platypus for this race. He cut across three lanes of people at a sprint to get to that photo op 😂😂

Best character spot was Mickey and Minnie, together!!, right in front of the Chinese Theater :love:
Wasn't there when I went by :(
It was raining pretty good by then.

There was also what looked like a scare door near the front of Hollywood. What showed up there?

To all who will be wearing their medals to the park, be aware that I’m already having lots of paint chipping. The inside of my challenge medal, which is surrounded by the golden exterior, had the bottom portion of the word “MILES” start to rub off. Now it has the Genie saying “I did it!’ right above “19.3 MILFS.”
I really wanted to react with both the laughing emoji and the sad face emoji but it wouldn't let me.

So 🙁 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter