Window Clings for Window Decorating at Pop

grgich

Mouseketeer
Anyone know where to buy those vinyl window clings? I'd like to find some Disney-related, or even just Pirates in general would be good. I've been sucked into the "Pop Century window decorating fanaticism".;)

They have POTC ones at hobby lobby for 1.99, I found them right next to the fabric section, they are suppose to be for the walls but my guys play with them on the window, only the picture will be backwards when you put them on the window unless you stick them on the outside of the window.

Our local Hobby Lobby has several different Disney character wall stickers. I have also seen them in the kids' bedroom section at Wal-Mart.

Like the previous poster said, they will be backwards but you can fix that by simply taking tape with you and tape them on the windows.

I made Lime Green Mickey Heads with our names on them and taped them to our window.

I made my own!! I've been bit by the POP window decorating bug too,, I bought some window cling printer paper off ebay, downloaded some disney colouring pages and then used photoshop to add colour to them. I could have just got coloured cliparts but I'm having a lime green themed window (gone dis mad :lmao:) now all my pirates and princesses have green clothes :eek:
145148princess_jasmine_window_cling-med.jpg

Wow!!! You are quite creative. Does anyone know if Michael's carries window cling paper? That would be SO cool to make my own window clings. And then I could print them so that I could put the image facing outward.

tracipierce, when will you be at Pop??? I'll be looking for your window, if we are there at the same time!

I got my static cling at Dollar Tree a few years back. It was made by Crayola, not anymore sadly. I've decorated been decorating our window since our second vacation. It makes it easier to find your room too. I have some sport themed ones from another dollar store in town.

Wow!!! You are quite creative. Does anyone know if Michael's carries window cling paper? That would be SO cool to make my own window clings. And then I could print them so that I could put the image facing outward.

tracipierce, when will you be at Pop??? I'll be looking for your window, if we are there at the same time!

Thankyou grgich! :hug:

I will be @ Pop from August 27th till september 10th, it would be great if we were there at the same time :thumbsup2: When will you be there??
I've really never done anything like this before, I was amazed how easy it is to do, like I said, there are hundreds of disney clipart on the internet, so you are sure to find some that you like :goodvibes:
I have heard on another thread, (can't remember which) that the cling paper can be found at staples?

Good luck and happy window clinging :banana:

i've gotten cling paper from staples. it's not that much of a specialty/hard to find item. although i just tried staples.com and the closest i could find is magnetic paper.

places like party city would be another alternative.

just be mindful of the tape. i've seen reports that WDW has offered small (~$25) penalities for those who use tape that can be hard to remove on windows. I know DCL has banned tape altogether on its doors.

i've gotten cling paper from staples. it's not that much of a specialty/hard to find item. although i just tried staples.com and the closest i could find is magnetic paper.

places like party city would be another alternative.

just be mindful of the tape. i've seen reports that WDW has offered small (~$25) penalities for those who use tape that can be hard to remove on windows. I know DCL has banned tape altogether on its doors.

Thanks for the tip about the tape,, I would hate to get stung with a penalty :scared1:
I've got the magnetic printer paper too, to decorate the door as I believe the doors at pop are metal, I was going to tape some LGMH to the door too, so I think I will get some sticky stuff remover to make sure the tape comes off properly :thumbsup2:

if you poke around, i know there are often proposed alternatives to tape for these purposes. i know the 3M command hooks are suggested when possible (those things are awesome). they have command poster strips too.

I made my own!! I've been bit by the POP window decorating bug too,, I bought some window cling printer paper off ebay, downloaded some disney colouring pages and then used photoshop to add colour to them. I could have just got coloured cliparts but I'm having a lime green themed window (gone dis mad :lmao:) now all my pirates and princesses have green clothes :eek:
145148princess_jasmine_window_cling-med.jpg

:thumbsup2

Dont forget the Most Important one...................

0aa59216.jpg

tracipierce, we will be at Pop at the same time! I'm arriving on 8/24, departing on 9/1, so I'll be looking for your window.

I am so NOT a crafty person, but I was able to make the mickey head tie-dye T-shirts last year, and they came out ok. I'm planning on making a new set for this year.

So, picking out images and printing them on cling paper, I'm hoping will be ALOT easier. Thanks!

bradk, I'm confused about using tape. I was thinking that the window cling paper just sticks to the window without any type of tape, kind of like "static cling". Is the "window cling" paper only one-sided? So, if you print on one side, can you can put the printed-side onto the window?

I have some Christmas clings that are actually on white, green and red moldable plastic, without a printed picture on them, it's just the shape that is the decoration, and either side of them will stick to the window.

disunc, thanks for the picture! That's exactly what I'm looking for! Did you just print that green mickey head onto clear "cling paper", or did you find some green cling paper?

tracipierce, we will be at Pop at the same time! I'm arriving on 8/24, departing on 9/1, so I'll be looking for your window.

I am so NOT a crafty person, but I was able to make the mickey head tie-dye T-shirts last year, and they came out ok. I'm planning on making a new set for this year.

So, picking out images and printing them on cling paper, I'm hoping will be ALOT easier. Thanks!

Wow, if you can do mickey head tie-dyed t-shirts, window clings will be a piece of cake! You just print the design in reverse like you do for transfer paper and that's it! I put all my designs onto a word document first though, that way I maximised the space on each page:thumbsup2:

Hey its great we are at POP at the same time :yay: I don't know anything about the layout of the rooms, but I'm in a prefferred room, it might narrow it down a bit :confused:
Make sure you put your Dis name somewhere on your window and door, so I can look out for your window too :hug:

Not long to go now :woohoo: hope to see you and you window there :goodvibes:

just wanted to add.... I have done a lime green mickey head too, just print it out onto the cling paper,, as for the tape, you won't need to use it because the window clings do stick to the window themselves, although, the cling paper I have bought is slightly sticky on one side, I don't think it will leave a residue, but I have bought a can of sticky stuff remover today to take with me just in case

disunc, thanks for the picture! That's exactly what I'm looking for! Did you just print that green mickey head onto clear "cling paper", or did you find some green cling paper?

I printed it on clear cling paper!!!!!:thumbsup2 I dont even think they make color cling paper for pc printers. You can only use this paper on INKJET printers.

I just scanned a LIMEGREEN Mickey paint chip then blew it up on my Photo software. Took all of 5 mins at the most.

I was wondering where to find the window cling stuff! Thanks. Also I will be there Sept 2-9. Currently we are in preferred all but the first day. I hope we don't have to change rooms after I decorate! Is that right the doors are metal? I have magnetic stuff already. I also found this site with super clings, they can hang on the wall just like window clings.
www.berlinwallpaper.com/PrissPrints/WindowClings.htm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter