Win a stolen piggy for your siggy #2

OINK,,
is that better ? :rotfl2:
I'm home today,,too oinking cold to work,,so I made a batch of Vegetable Bean Dip (Lynns recipe) Really OINKing good stuff !
And then I made a batch of my quick and easy WonTon Soup,,again, really OINKing good !:thumbsup2

Today might OINKing suck, but we are gonna eat well.

Feel free to step out in the cold and bring me some of that yummy sounding food! Its chilly here and we got more darn snow, too, so soup sounds great! At least we didn't get as much snow as they got further east...

Sorry, I'm not allowed to leave the yard when Denise isnt home,(she's at work)(killing bugs)(the Terminator).
But I will share my Easy WonTon soup recipe with you.:dancer:

After you make this soup, you can prepackage it in individual servings and freeze, in either microwaveable or freezer bags to use later at home or camping.

1 to 1 1/2 lbs. OINK,,ground pork
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. black pepper
3 cans (14 oz. each) ready to use chicken broth
1 can (14 oz. beef broth) optional
1 cup water
2 tbs. soy sauce
3-4 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
8-10 scallions, cut into 1'2 inch strips ( I dice mine up in 1/4 inch chunks )
1 package ( 6 ounces ) wonton skins, cut into 1/2 inch strips

In a soup pot, brown the pork over a medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes or until no pink remains. (Opitinal; drain off the excess liquid.) Reduce the heat to medium and add the remaining ingredients except the wonton strips ; bring to a boil. Separate the wonton strips and stir into the soup. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until wonton skins are cooked.
Serve hot.

I always double this recipe as it doesnt make very much as is. OINK

Hey thanks! I'm gonna make that this weekend I think.

Well, if you can't bring me some and you're bored you can catch up on my trip report(insert shameless plug here haha). I'm getting close to finishing it!

That's just not fair! They never close things down here in Minne-snow-ta.

And (while I'm here) - OINK.

They rarely close our school here, too. I think its cause we are well more equipped to handle snow removal. I certainly could have used a snow day today!

Hey Scott !! Time to lock this OINKY sucker up again !!
Quick , before anyone notices this thread is open again !!

HURRY !!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter