Willow

Skywalker3

DIS Veteran
I'm trying very hard to like this show, but it's so uneven, and I can't figure out what tone, theme, anything they're going for. DH is not enjoying it at all, thinks it's stupid. I went in with low expectations. First 2 episodes weren't that bad, 3 and 4 not good, (although there's a very sweet, sad scene when a couple of characters are lost, best dialogue/acting so far, but they're gone now....) and episode 5 was somewhat better,. I'll like some scenes, then the next ones don't seem to fit or something. Like a hodgepodge. I'm going to keep watching, and hope it'll resolve well by the end.
I did enjoy the movie back in the day, but not a huge fan like some, have only seen it a few times, and not for a long while.
What are y'all thinking about the WIllow series?

Last edited:
It's...weird, but Willow was always weird. I've been generally liking it, particularly Episode 4. I think it's something that you just have to check out a little on and just roll with it. I still can't stand Kit though - man, she's awful!

Okay, so this show has only been getting better. It's sort of wonderfully insane, but I really appreciate how it does not take itself too seriously. That is such a problem with a lot of genre material these days. I mean, this latest episode ends with Good Vibrations by the Beach Boys - and it works! It's just a lot of fun.

Last edited:
Okay, so this show has only been getting better. It's sort of wonderfully insane, but I really appreciate how it does not take itself too seriously. That is such a problem with a lot of genre material these days. I mean, this latest episodes ends with Good Vibrations by the Beach Boys - and it works! It's just a lot of fun.
it is a little zany, but that is the charm... We are now caught up through 6, and on the whole are enjoying it. Kitt is a brat, but i expect that is part of her redemption arc. I love how sometimes fight scenes happen in the background while a couple of characters are discussing something totally irrelevant and inappropriate and they are oblivious to the battle being waged.

Love the music, some of the songs are so funny with the action. Also enjoy the comic panels in the end credits of each show

Finally, really enjoyed Episode 6. finally some less annoying acting, and really good acting by an unexpected cameo. Well had read about him being in the series, but forgot I hope the last 2 are at least as good as ep 6

You know, I went from thinking this show was kinda weird and quirky, but fun, to thinking it was just absolutely FANTASTIC! It's still weird and quirky, but I just love how in love with itself it is - it just owns it, wears it's silliness on it's sleeve, and still manages to have a ton of heart. The finale was very cool - it was quite the ride!

You know, I went from thinking this show was kinda weird and quirky, but fun, to thinking it was just absolutely FANTASTIC! It's still weird and quirky, but I just love how in love with itself it is - it just owns it, wears it's silliness on it's sleeve, and still manages to have a ton of heart. The finale was very cool - it was quite the ride!
just finished it, i agree, it got better and better. it was a lot of fun I enjoyed it, looking forward to seasons 2 and 3?

I admit, she grew on me too,

lol was funny her comment about taking it off, right before she said that I was just thinking huh that might be hard to find the magic zipper on

Yeah, that thing ended up being very cool! It's a very high-fantasy idea, where the "key" thing kind fo goes into your body. I'd almost think it was the kind of thing you never remove.

Today I began watching Willow The Series after finishing Andor last week and I can say that Willow is a great series and does justice to the 1988 movie very well. I am shocked that Warrick Davis is back in the Willow role and he is so funny and how they managed to make Warrick return to the Willow role is pure genius. But I think this series will show promise and hopefully we will see a second season on the way

Today I began watching Willow The Series after finishing Andor last week and I can say that Willow is a great series and does justice to the 1988 movie very well. I am shocked that Warrick Davis is back in the Willow role and he is so funny and how they managed to make Warrick return to the Willow role is pure genius. But I think this series will show promise and hopefully we will see a second season on the way

Well, unfortunately it was announced just yesterday that there will not be a second season. I really enjoyed it myself, but it just didn't catch on I guess.

That's too bad for fans/folks who liked it. Wish for their sakes, they'd at least do a movie to wrap up the stories. I did not like it, and finished it just to finish, and don't care what happens to any of them, unless they rebooted it with different actors, and set it later.

That's too bad for fans/folks who liked it. Wish for their sakes, they'd at least do a movie to wrap up the stories. I did not like it, and finished it just to finish, and don't care what happens to any of them, unless they rebooted it with different actors, and set it later.

I thought it was a little weird, but then I though the original movie is a little weird. I started to like it more as it progressed and by the end I absolutely loved how unapologetically weird it was. I tend to enjoy stuff like that.

I don't remember watching the movie when I was younger, but I thought the TV was excellent. A real hidden gem. It was so quirky and fun that I found myself laughing at every episode. It reminded me a lot of Wes Anderson's movies or maybe a little bit like the new Netflix Wednesday show.

I don't remember watching the movie when I was younger, but I thought the TV was excellent. A real hidden gem. It was so quirky and fun that I found myself laughing at every episode. It reminded me a lot of Wes Anderson's movies or maybe a little bit like the new Netflix Wednesday show.

Yeah, I really enjoyed it too. On the plus side, apparantly the show has not been officially cancelled, however they did release the actors to pursue other work within the next year. That means, IF it returns, production will not begin for at least one year. I wouldn't get my hopes up too much, but it is possible. If it does find an audience within the next year, there may be a chance.

Yeah, I really enjoyed it too. On the plus side, apparantly the show has not been officially cancelled, however they did release the actors to pursue other work within the next year. That means, IF it returns, production will not begin for at least one year. I wouldn't get my hopes up too much, but it is possible. If it does find an audience within the next year, there may be a chance.
This is great news! I thought that I had read that it had been officially cancelled. So anything is better than that.

I thought they had a lot of great content they could cover in future seasons, not just what they teased at the end. I personally would love to see more of Boorman's backstory. His dry snark just made me laugh :)

I saw the finale of Willow The Series this morning and it was great and I truly think that Season 2 is on the way because the end leaves a cliffhanger that will lead into Season 2. I thought Willow was a great series and it had tons of action and Warrick Davis truly was funny as Willow and how Warrick got the role I don't know how but he made Willow funny and full of energy. I did notice that they used the Dire Straits 1982 hit Money For Nothing during the end credits and it made it fun. I think that in my eyes Willow Season 2 will debut Summer 2024 and if it is made Willow Season 3 will debut in 2026

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter